WW "airlines to go bust"

Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
Don't Stobart operate a number of routes for BA - although the article only mentions Aer Lingus routes?
I recall BA CityFlyer did wet lease a few Embraer 190s from Stobart a few years ago but i'm pretty certain this was just a temporary arrangement
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
Don't Stobart operate a number of routes for BA - although the article only mentions Aer Lingus routes?

Hi,

I think they provided some aircraft and crew for BA cityflyer in 2018/19

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...t-london-city/

but cannot find more detials on the specific routes.

This also removes EDI-DUB connections ( unless going via LHR on BA).

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC
BA CityFlyer will temporarily replace Stobart Air as the operating airline on the following Aer Lingus Regional routes:

Belfast City - Exeter
Belfast City - Leeds/Bradford
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA CityFlyer will temporarily replace Stobart Air as the operating airline on the following Aer Lingus Regional routes:

Belfast City - Exeter
Not quite...BA have launched their OWN flights on those routes.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Airprox
Not quite...BA have launched their OWN flights on those routes.
Yeah I just realised that. But arguably it is for Aer Lingus, BACF wouldnt be running temporary flights off their own back.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro

Belfast City - Exeter
Yes these are BA44xx flights now bookable on ba.com with cash and with avios.

Looks like I am off to Belfast tomorrow evening!
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
This also removes EDI-DUB connections ( unless going via LHR on BA)...
I'm assuming the same is also true for the GLA-DUB connections?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by efincomputer
I'm assuming the same is also true for the GLA-DUB connections?

Hi,

Looks like it unfortunately.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:08 am

Hi all

So when Norwegian started doing TATL flights, there was a significant dip in the cost of BA / AA flights to NYC.

Jet Blue just started LHR - JFK (although i think during a pandemic this is pretty nuts).. do you think this will have the same effect? I did just do a dummy booking and was surprised at how affordable their "Mint" service is (i looked at some dates in mid jan and flights were 1100).

Do you all think that once service resumes, we will be seeing competitive pricing from BA to return?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Whilst business travel remains light, I am sure we'll get competitive pricing from BA in Club for quite some time. Don't imagine Jet Blue will impact on this too much - well perhaps on that one route - but prices should stay keen for some time to get bums on seats
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Hi all

So when Norwegian started doing TATL flights, there was a significant dip in the cost of BA / AA flights to NYC.

Jet Blue just started LHR - JFK (although i think during a pandemic this is pretty nuts).. do you think this will have the same effect? I did just do a dummy booking and was surprised at how affordable their "Mint" service is (i looked at some dates in mid jan and flights were 1100).

Do you all think that once service resumes, we will be seeing competitive pricing from BA to return?
JetBlue will fly, at best, a couple dailies with a narrowbody aircraft. It's not that comparable with DY dumping a lot of capacity into LGW. I guess BA and AA will ensure they put the best they can offer, seat-wise, on the routes and let their larger bulk do the rest. Having said that, I hope JetBlue succeeds and remains on the market, it's good to have variety and competition.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all

Having flown JetBlue a few time within the US I've been impressed with them. I suspect unlike Norwegian they plan to compete on quality rather than price, not to say their prices are not keen.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Hi all

Discussed in detail here

How will Ba react jetblue getting LHR slots
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Jota aviation have ceased operations over the Easter weekend. They were a charter airline and did used to occasionally operate for BACF at LCY in the past (as in this example Jota Aviation) so couldn't let it pass without a mention.

https://simpleflying.com/jota-aviation-ceases-trading/
Old Apr 18, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
A shame. The RJ was always an interesting and now rare type to fly on.
choosethedrew likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.