Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to Household Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:47 pm

Feasible?

Could not locate a similar question, thanks for any input!

(assume we're at the same address and flight/upgrade availability isn't an issue)

My in-laws have amex MR's that we'd like to utilize.

Plan is
- create BA EC accounts for us and in-laws
- create a HHA (I will be the head)
- book US-LHR economy flights for wife & I
- figure out avios points y needed for upgrade to business
- transfer in-law's y MR points to their BA EC account in avios
- utilize y avios for upgrades for wife & I

That should work, right?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bizum
- book US-LHR economy flights for wife & I
- figure out avios points y needed for upgrade to business
- utilize y avios for upgrades for wife & I

That should work, right?
This bit won't work iregardless of Household Account questions.

You can't upgrade long-haul economy tickets to business class.

You can only upgrade economy tickets to World Traveller Plus. (At the moment, there's also a limitation in that only the most expensive tickets can be upgraded, although this will change at the end of next month.)

If you want to upgrade to business class on a long-haul flight, you have to buy a WT+ ticket and upgrade that.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:47 pm

Ah, got it - so I'd have to get a WT+ ticket.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:32 pm

I have had a houseold account in BA Exec for a few months. i can see my balance and I can see the joint just below mine, but when i search for reward flights i can only see what is avaliable with my own balance.

I can clicking here:
My Household Account Avios: -> Manage my Household Account -> Explore and check reward flight availability.

What am I doing wrong?

When the other member of the household logs in they can see their balance and we are both at the same address.

Thanks for your help
Geoff
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I couldn't find the exact route through that you identified, but if you've ended up at the "Reward Flights Map" to Explore with Avios then yes - the default number of avios option only shows your own. You can increase the "avios slider" to the total household account (or beyond for a target) to see where you can go.

Once you click through to specific flights you should get the total household account number to book with.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:50 pm

Thats great, thank you very much!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:14 am

I have a household account with my wife, daughter and son.

My son has just got married and has his own house now and wants his own household account with his wife (who has her own account individually)

He currently has 25000 points....If I remove him from my account what happens to his points?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:17 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by taxloop

He currently has 25000 points....If I remove him from my account what happens to his points?
Each member maintains their own avios balance, so he will keep the 25,000 avios and so your household balance will reduce by that amount when he is removed from your HHA.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:19 am

That's a quick reply!!!!

Thanks....he will be happy at that
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
If two people are in an HHA account, but one of them has a Tesco registered address that does not match the HHA household address, and the idea is to get that person's Tesco points converted into their BA.com account so as they become part of the pooled Avios, will it work to:-

1) Do a transfer from Tesco-> avios.com ( the Tesco and Avios.com addresses are the same)
2) Switch the Avios.com address to match the BA.com household address
3) Combine the Avios.com with the BA.com (I assume the address need to match for a combine to work ?)

The obvious solution would be to switch the Tesco address to match the HHA address, but it advantageous to have two different tesco addresses.

Last edited by tangey; Jul 20, 2015 at 8:06 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Here is a tricky one (or maybe not ?). ,

Mrs FF99 has a couple of Amex 2-4-1s and I have a couple of GUF2's, all due to expire within a matter of a few months. If I were to set up a household account, would we be able to use a voucher from each account (Amex 2-4-1 from hers and GUF2 from mine) on a single booking ??
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Here is a tricky one (or maybe not ?). ,

Mrs FF99 has a couple of Amex 2-4-1s and I have a couple of GUF2's, all due to expire within a matter of a few months. If I were to set up a household account, would we be able to use a voucher from each account (Amex 2-4-1 from hers and GUF2 from mine) on a single booking ??
I'm doubtful that it can be one booking. If both vouchers are in one person's name they can but in this case each voucher is in a different name which I think leads to two bookings.
Someone asked a very similar question in the following thread with the only clear answer being to call BAEC. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...fes-241-a.html
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by snuffi
Yes, this. All three of my kids have the same home address and email address as me in HHA, and the system is fine with that.
Yes this works, however for adults in the household, BA doesn't allow that. So I had to use dummy addresses for them. Which is kind of a flaw in the system. BA allows all the accounts to use my mobile number, but not the same email address. Why?
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Is there really no way to see the transactions of the household members? I have to log into each account separately? I can see the total Avios from my account, but not the individual transactions. Am I missing something?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
No, you need to log in as the member to see his transactions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.