Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by slice
Looking for a kind FT'er to transfer me 1,000 (or whatever the minimum is) from their IB+ to my IB+ so I can "activate" my IB+ account and then transfer in my BA Avios. Once I transfer in the BA Avios I need, I'll send it right back to you. Please PM if you are able to help.

Or, if there is a better way to get my IB+ account active without paying €54 for 2,000 Avios, that would be great as well.

THANKS!
I got mine running by making a few Hilton stays with IB set as airline partner. Don't you then have to wait three months though to get transfer capability?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:57 pm

Went through the steps but says that my wife's account is not eligible for the transfer from Iberia to BA. Iberia account open since 2012 and BA since 2011. Very strange. Worked fine on my account.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Went through the steps but says that my wife's account is not eligible for the transfer from Iberia to BA. Iberia account open since 2012 and BA since 2011. Very strange. Worked fine on my account.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Has there been any activity on the IB account to activate it? There's a promo on atm to earn 50 points by clicking a link in the magazine. Perhaps try that, wait for the points to post then try again? Does the address and DOB match on both accounts?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Has there been any activity on the IB account to activate it? There's a promo on atm to earn 50 points by clicking a link in the magazine. Perhaps try that, wait for the points to post then try again? Does the address and DOB match on both accounts?
ATM?

We got a 8000 pt bonus deposited into the IB account for the economist msg deal. That should have worked right?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Yes, from IB side, but if you are transferring to BA you need some activity there as well.
Check if you have names, date of birth and e-mail addresses to match exactly between IB+ and BAEC
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:15 am

Ah I found the problem. BA put her title into her last name. Calling to fix should be fun.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:41 pm

Somehow my last name is listed twice in my IB+ account, under "Last Name" and "Second Last Name." Should be fun calling to change it so I can move my Avios from BA to IB. Does anyone know what number to call to make this change? The IB website says "Contact our Customer Care Service to change your name," but the only phone number I can find for USA is the reservations number. Am I supposed to call the Iberia Plus Service Center instead? Naturally, it only has a Spanish phone number.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Somehow my last name is listed twice in my IB+ account, under "Last Name" and "Second Last Name." Should be fun calling to change it so I can move my Avios from BA to IB. Does anyone know what number to call to make this change? The IB website says "Contact our Customer Care Service to change your name," but the only phone number I can find for USA is the reservations number. Am I supposed to call the Iberia Plus Service Center instead? Naturally, it only has a Spanish phone number.

Thanks in advance!
Noticed the missing bag number was the same as the reservations number, so I figured it must be their general USA number and called it. After navigating the menus (2 for Iberia Plus, 2 for Clasica member), I spoke with a Spanish fellow who told me to email [email protected] to request the change. Will report back with how that goes as they told me to attach a copy of my identification, which I'm not too keen on doing as it seems unsecure, so I will email without that and see how it goes.

Last edited by kdoughboy; Sep 8, 2014 at 10:12 pm
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:36 pm

Just providing an update to my two previous posts:

I emailed [email protected] on Monday evening requesting the removal of my nonexistent "second last name" from my IB+ profile. I did NOT, as instructed on the phone, attached a copy of my identification, as I wanted to see if simply sending the email from the email address associated with my IB+ account would be sufficient. As it turns out, it WAS sufficient, and I got email confirmation from IB this morning that the change had been made. I checked my profile and confirmed that I no longer have a second last name on my IB+ account.

This should have made all my information match between my BAEC and IB+ accounts, but for some reason it is still saying my account information doesn't match. I've double-checked everything and I can't figure out what doesn't match. The only thing I can think of is that the different way BAEC and IB+ format address and/or birth dates may be causing a problem, even though the raw information is identical. Another thing is that BAEC forces you to choose a title (mine is Mr., but other options like Baron and Viscount are really hilarious to me) and IB+ does not, so perhaps that is the problem. Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this? I'd REALLY like to avoid calling in again. Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:17 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 3:50 am
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
Do you use the same email address for both? Having different email addresses is what stopped me originally.
I do. All of the information is the same. I'm really not sure why it thinks it's different, unless it's one of the odd quirks of the individual program websites that I mentioned above...
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Just providing an update to my two previous posts:
The only thing I can think of is that the different way BAEC and IB+ format address and/or birth dates
Seeing as both the UK and Spain use DD/MM/YYYY, I don't think there should be any difference in Bday format. Thay may be your problem.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Seeing as both the UK and Spain use DD/MM/YYYY, I don't think there should be any difference in Bday format. Thay may be your problem.
Yeah, it's just that one of them lists month as the name of the month whereas the other uses the number of the month. I assume the raw data is the same on the back-end, though, and I'm still at a loss. I guess I can try using avios.com as a proxy, in which case should I just make up a random address in the UK?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:25 am

Combining Avios using tool on IB site

I transfered avios using Combine Avios tool on Iberia site from BA to IB in the recent past. Today, I couldn't find the link. Can someone tell me how to get to it? (For some reason, BA tools cannot authenticate me) Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem here.

I want to (somewhat urgently) transfer avios from my BA family account to my personal Iberia account but unfortunately most the avios in my family account are under my partners name and he does not have an Iberia account.

Is there any workaround to this, via avios.com or otherwise? Can I convert my Iberia Plus account to a family account?

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,
Rob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.