Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I can add a data point to confirm the EI route.

I just signed up for AerClub and got an avios.com account with a Spanish address.

EDIT: Also, I just tested by pushing 50 avios from IB (where I keep my balance) to avios.com

Worked perfectly and not only that, it shows up in my new AerClub account. So confirmed that AerClub is just a different cover for avios.com

Last edited by LupineChemist; Dec 21, 2016 at 1:47 am
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I am now getting the "Sorry, the details of your accounts do not match, please contact us.
" message when trying to move Avios from Avios.com to BAEC. Never had this happen in the past, however I recently changed my address on my BAEC account. I've adjusted both Iberia and BAEC to match exactly but am still getting the message.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I am now getting the "Sorry, the details of your accounts do not match, please contact us.
" message when trying to move Avios from Avios.com to BAEC. Never had this happen in the past, however I recently changed my address on my BAEC account. I've adjusted both Iberia and BAEC to match exactly but am still getting the message.

Any ideas?
I seem to be getting this error now also, even though I’ve not changed anything. Easiest thing to do is open a web chat with Avios support. They are usually able to spot what’s wrong and tell you what you need to do (probably emailing a scanned ID or proof of address as likely one of those details is inconsistent between the sites).
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I don't seem able to transfer from my Avios.com account to my BAEC account anymore. It is a part of a household account, as the main account. This is a recent change.

Is this because it's in a household account ? I don't see why BA wouldn't allow this ????
Will the BA service centre be able to process the transfer ??

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Oct 26, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll

Any ideas?
Me too, changed the addresses in IB+ and BAEC to match and still cannot do the transfer. They have different fields, in IB+ there is a house number, in BAEC not, maybe that's part of the problem.
This is really annoying, used to wirk perfectly (most of the time), and now I have to call to sort it out (who knows if they'll really sort it out)
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
+1

Has anyone been told of a DIY solution, or do I need to call?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
+1

Has anyone been told of a DIY solution, or do I need to call?
Avios support chat was an efficient way to get it fixed .

Turned out it was because the email addresses on BA and Avios were different. Changing Avios to match BA was instant, and then transfer worked. Doesn't seem to matter that IB is different to Avios for that transfer.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:13 am

Well, BAEC do not have a chat, and Avios.com is out for me now, as I do not live in the UK. Email addresses do match, I haven't changed them after everything worked...
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Well, BAEC do not have a chat, and Avios.com is out for me now, as I do not live in the UK. Email addresses do match, I haven't changed them after everything worked...
So you're trying IB to BA direct, and not via Avios?

You may know this already but that doesn't work if it is a Household Account on the BA side - which is very reason I have to go via Avios.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:31 am

Actually wanting to do BA to IB, I know about the household quirk. The message is that details don't match.
I used to go via avios.com, but that's not possible any more. Entered in the AerClub account and changed the country, but when entering in the corresponding avios.com account the country is still UK. Tried to create an entirely new AerClub account outside of the UK, but it gives a "general error". So out of options really, will call next week and see what can be done.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hoping to get some help here. I have some Avios in my IB account that I'm trying to get to BA. However, I can't get the transfer to work in any way/shape/form. Here are the three methods I've tried:

1) Avios.com: When I try to login with my IB credentials, I get the error message "You can't use Combine my Avios with this account. Please contact us."
2) BA: Same error message.
3) IB: I follow the proper steps through my account and get to the final page to make the transfer. However, when I click on Confirm Transfer, I get the following message: "Combine my Avios was unsuccessful. Combine my Avios is currently unavailable."

I can transfer freely between Avios.com and BA, but for whatever reason, my Iberia account is giving me problems. I have been a member of Iberia Plus since 2014, have Avios in my account (so obviously have activity), and have verified that my name, email address, and mailing address all match.

Any thoughts? REALLY trying to avoid having to call to get this resolved.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
When I had problems Iberia v. BA it worked the next day. I think the IT is flakey.

I'd had similar problems with Avios v. BA where the avios support chat wouldn't help tell me what was wrong with the address - it was a Kafkaesque nightmare. I think it was one line of the address that was slightly different.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Anyone able to recently transfer Avios IB->BA? What's the latest trick needed to be able to do that?

Every time I try, either on BA site or Avios site, the same error (seems to be the same UI, same program running no matter from which site it's run):
"Combine My Avios is currently unavailable"

The balance pulls up, the account info matches (I think; no way to know for sure, as the Iberia address entry is so odd in how they want you to split up the address), not household account. It always runs for a few seconds, then errors out with this, no matter from which side I do it, for a few days in a row try (I try a few times each day).

Any workaround for this and to make it complete once initiated, vs. always end up with the generic "Combine My Avios is currently unavailable"?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have experienced about a week of getting messages saying that it had "timed out". Yesterday, I eventually managed to successfully transfer from IB to BA but I had to go via the Avios intermediary.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by polemi
Have experienced about a week of getting messages saying that it had "timed out". Yesterday, I eventually managed to successfully transfer from IB to BA but I had to go via the Avios intermediary.
That's what I've been trying to avoid, as I believe that can't use avios.com intermediary without a UK address, so I'd need to make up a fake address and also change the address on my BA and IB accounts..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.