Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by heartybob
My IB+ account has been open for some years but had zero balance until May this year when I credited some hotel points.

I just logged in to my IB+ account and clicked on "See balance and movements" but I can't find the Combine my Avios link. Has it moved?
Yes it has been changed to an even more ridiculous place than it was before.

Click on the buying and transferring Avios link located down the left side. Scroll down and you'll see some easily missed red text saying "Don’t forget you can combine your Avios with those of other OW customer loyalty programmes."....there's your link.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by heartybob
My IB+ account has been open for some years but had zero balance until May this year when I credited some hotel points.

I just logged in to my IB+ account and clicked on "See balance and movements" but I can't find the Combine my Avios link. Has it moved?
It's now under buy, gift, and transfer avios (not too sure of the exact English title) in small print at the bottom.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
It's now under buy, gift, and transfer avios (not too sure of the exact English title) in small print at the bottom.
The Spanish language site is much more robust than the English language site (and gives more options throughout). I don't think it translates too well with the auto translated web browsers, but if you have enough schoolboy/girl Spanish it's best to stick to that version. The Spanish used is quite clear I think.

Go to Mis Avios / Comprar, regalar y transferir Avios. Then just under the Transferir box you will see this line:

No olvides que puedes combinar tus Avios con los de otros programas de fidelización OW
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes it has been changed to an even more ridiculous place than it was before. Click on the buying and transferring Avios link located down the left side. Scroll down and you'll see some easily missed red text saying "Don’t forget you can combine your Avios with those of other OW customer loyalty programmes."....there's your link.
Many thanks HIDDY
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:44 pm

Thanks everyone, I was finally able to move IB+ to BA by using the IB+ tool.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
Don't understand this. Tried it multiple times. Account names, addresses etc the same. IB Plus account over 90 days old. 5,765 IB Plus I'd like to move to BA if that's possible, but every way I try it fails. When I follow the advice above I'm told:

"You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again."

That's a quote from the transfer tool on the IB Plus site. I've also tried the BA tool in the past, and that didn't work either. Do I have to go through generic Avios.com Avios to accomplish this? Not sure how that would work since I have to have a British address to create an Avios account. Do I create it and then call them to switch the address to the US? And then do the transfers?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by Fanfoot
Don't understand this. Tried it multiple times. Account names, addresses etc the same. IB Plus account over 90 days old. 5,765 IB Plus I'd like to move to BA if that's possible, but every way I try it fails. When I follow the advice above I'm told:

"You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again."

That's a quote from the transfer tool on the IB Plus site. I've also tried the BA tool in the past, and that didn't work either. Do I have to go through generic Avios.com Avios to accomplish this? Not sure how that would work since I have to have a British address to create an Avios account. Do I create it and then call them to switch the address to the US? And then do the transfers?
Are both your accounts deemed active (meaning some kind of recent activity on both accounts)?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
If your BAEC account is in a household, you can only move TO Iberia plus. Need to go via avios.com for the opposite direction. You don't need (and cannot) change the avios.com address to the US, the combine tool will work if all the other details match, including the e-mail address.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by neuromancer
If your BAEC account is in a household, you can only move TO Iberia plus. Need to go via avios.com for the opposite direction. You don't need (and cannot) change the avios.com address to the US, the combine tool will work if all the other details match, including the e-mail address.

Last edited by Atlantico; Jan 12, 2014 at 6:00 am Reason: Deleted: Haven't seen the previous post
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes it has been changed to an even more ridiculous place than it was before.

Click on the buying and transferring Avios link located down the left side. Scroll down and you'll see some easily missed red text saying "Don’t forget you can combine your Avios with those of other OW customer loyalty programmes."....there's your link.
Thanks for this message! It sure is not easy to find...

I managed to transfer my avios from Iberia to avios.com even with 2 different addresses/countries (I can't change my address on Iberia’s website to put my UK address) but with the same name and e-mail.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
Oh thank god! All this black magic and the transfer actually worked. Amazingly both the IB to Avios and Avios to BA were nearly instantaneous. Amazing! Thanks all!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
IB and BA Tale of two cultures

OK, sounds like others have been able to make the IB to BA avios transfer. MMV (My Mileage Varied).

Logged into my IB Plus account, clicked on “Buy, Give or Transfer Avios” and got the message (in Spanish) “This option cannot be accessed.” Called IB Plus – polite but firm answer: “This service has been down since last Tuesday (a week ago) and we don’t know when it will be back.” My questions then: Can I transfer Avios by writing by snail mail? “No.” Can I do this in person at an Iberia office? “No.” Any way to do this other than on-line? “No.” Any idea when the service will be back up? “No. Should have been back some time ago.”

So there we are! No upgrades for the time being using my IB avios! Is it any wonder that Willie Walsh gets frustrated with his Iberia “partner”?

Suggestions?
Old Jan 21, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by spainflyer
OK, sounds like others have been able to make the IB to BA avios transfer. MMV (My Mileage Varied).

Logged into my IB Plus account, clicked on “Buy, Give or Transfer Avios” and got the message (in Spanish) “This option cannot be accessed.” Called IB Plus – polite but firm answer: “This service has been down since last Tuesday (a week ago) and we don’t know when it will be back.” My questions then: Can I transfer Avios by writing by snail mail? “No.” Can I do this in person at an Iberia office? “No.” Any way to do this other than on-line? “No.” Any idea when the service will be back up? “No. Should have been back some time ago.”

So there we are! No upgrades for the time being using my IB avios! Is it any wonder that Willie Walsh gets frustrated with his Iberia “partner”?

Suggestions?
WARNING: Posting from mobile so may be wrong, but...

Is that the link you want? It sounds like the one for working with multiple IB accounts. The one fr transferring to BA is an elusive text link nearby IIRC.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Use OMG, not ADM (Ay Dios Mio)

Esherflyer – thanks for the hint. At least it kept me trying different ways to access this section. It turns out you can do this in English but not in Spanish! (I didn’t try the Catalan version of the IB Plus site). In English the “Buying or Transferring Avios” button works, but it doesn’t in Spanish. Transfer was instantaneous. Thanks again!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I had a bit of time this morning, so I put this together. Hope it helps:

Go to Iberia.com, login, hover over Iberia Plus so this menu appears. Go to Mi Perfil > Mis Avios

On the new screen, down to the left, click on Comprar, Regalar y Transferir Avios

Then click on the red link, and you're all set!

Last edited by David_DLI; Jan 22, 2014 at 10:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.