Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
You can certainly move Iberia -> Avios and then BA Avios - so I know it's possible that way at least.
That worked an absolute treat, thanks very much!
Old May 1, 2013, 10:33 am

How do US based people get around the middle man (avios)? I can't register for an avios account because I don't have a UK address (well, I do part time, but I wouldn't want mail piling up there). I need to transfer Iberia --> BA. Any fix for me?
Old May 1, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You can dissolve your HHA, do the transfer and then create it back.
Or you can use a fake address for your Avios.com account. You won't need anything they send you to do the transfer.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by 500dor
How do US based people get around the middle man (avios)? I can't register for an avios account because I don't have a UK address (well, I do part time, but I wouldn't want mail piling up there). I need to transfer Iberia --> BA. Any fix for me?
I use the street address of my favorite London hotel. Since I do everything on-line, so I can't imagine that they send any actual mail to that address, nor do I care. It works like a charm.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:03 am

Ah, thanks Neuromancer and SteveinOlympia. I was worried they would send account info (like a physical card?) -- I just don't want any personal info floating around.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:45 am

I have over 300,000 Iberia and while I find the site looking nice I find it not to friendly in booking a flight. I'm in North America and can, as I read, transfered to BA through Avios.
Question is are all points transfered at par and free to do.
and is there any reason not to transfer.

Last edited by mech11; May 4, 2013 at 10:43 am
Old May 4, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by mech11
I have over 300,000 Iberia and while I find the site looking nice I find it not to friendly in booking a flight. I'm in North America and can, as I read, transfered to BA through Avios.
Question is are all points transfered at par and free to do.
and is there any reason not to transfer.
AFAIK all Avios are moved between accounts at 1:1. Sometimes IB has lower fuel fees, so better to check both options.
Old May 4, 2013, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by haasha
AFAIK all Avios are moved between accounts at 1:1. Sometimes IB has lower fuel fees, so better to check both options.
Well, thank you. and now I know what AFAIK is too. (I'm falling behind)
Old May 4, 2013, 2:53 pm

Generally, if you will fly Iberia metal, better book with IB+ (lower fuel surcharge with IB+). If you fly other airlines, better with BAEC, as IB+ bookings with airlines other than IB are non-flexible and cannot be one-way.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:18 pm

SO, it's never easy. I joined Avios then went to combine avios..logged into BA no problem ( testing the waters ). Then went to Iberia put in the same number and password I use with them and it says "Sorry, your log-in details have not been recognised. Please contact us", and I would contact them but I'm not in the UK like I said I was.
I tried different combinations with the IB in front, back, on the side. I have hunch that the way I put in the number is wrong, any ideas?
Old May 6, 2013, 6:56 pm

Your names, date of birth and e-mail OR physical address must be the same in both source and destination accounts.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by mech11
SO, it's never easy. I joined Avios then went to combine avios..logged into BA no problem ( testing the waters ). Then went to Iberia put in the same number and password I use with them and it says "Sorry, your log-in details have not been recognised. Please contact us", and I would contact them but I'm not in the UK like I said I was.
I tried different combinations with the IB in front, back, on the side. I have hunch that the way I put in the number is wrong, any ideas?
Are you referring to the IB prefix to your membership number? If so, you enter the number without the letters.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:38 pm

I put just the numbers and same password that get me into my IB account.
Everything is the same in both accts. and it does not recognise.
The BA acct. with an address that is still different is fine, I can load that one in Avios and it comes up with how many points I have, ( but that's as far as I go )
I'll try again in the morning and then E-mail them, must be something wrong at there end. can't understand why I can get BA logged in but not IB..

thanks for trying
Old May 6, 2013, 11:14 pm

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
I am having the same problem as Mech 11.

Last year, and earlier this year, I managed to move points from IB+ to Avios and to BA exec club accounts. But now - I get the same message as Mech 11 did.

Very strange
Old May 7, 2013, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by PeterT1953
I am having the same problem as Mech 11.

Last year, and earlier this year, I managed to move points from IB+ to Avios and to BA exec club accounts. But now - I get the same message as Mech 11 did.

Very strange
Good to hear I'm not alone, ( bad for you )..I'm on this to-day and will let you know what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.