Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
OK = All Correct

Yes, that's the way it is supposed to work, but see my post, above, and repeat three times "Funciona en inglés, pero no en español." Works like a charm.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: QR Platinum
That's incorrect, it works in Spanish as well. When I took those captions the system was down, now it's up and working. I've edited my previous post accordingly.

Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by neuromancer
... and active (received Avios in some other way except Combine my Avios).
So I think that explains why I can't do anything with my IB+ account which has a balance of 0. So I need to get some Avios into my IB+ account some way other than via Combine Avios!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by billinghamn
So I think that explains why I can't do anything with my IB+ account which has a balance of 0. So I need to get some Avios into my IB+ account some way other than via Combine Avios!
Had to purchase 2,000 Avios through IB+ to activate my account. Transfer Avios seems to work all round now. Expensive way of getting it to activate, but it works.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, if you have received some avios in the last year and spent them or transferred them out, the account should still be active, even with a balance of 0. It's just that Combine my Avios does not count as activity.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by David_DLI
That's incorrect, it works in Spanish as well. When I took those captions the system was down, now it's up and working. I've edited my previous post accordingly.

Interesting, with Explorer 11 I can't see that or any other transfer buttons
works fine with Firefox though.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
so all transfer partners seem to go to BA ...

what are the transfer partners that go to IB?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:34 am

I guess you have something else in mind as a "transfer", not the thread topic.
Anyway, there are lots of partners that credit Avios to Iberia and not to BA - some airlines (Vueling, GOL, Binter Canarias, Royal Air Maroc), all the car hire companies (only Avis credit to BA, all major chains credit to IB+), some hotels...
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by neuromancer
I guess you have something else in mind as a "transfer", not the thread topic.
Anyway, there are lots of partners that credit Avios to Iberia and not to BA - some airlines (Vueling, GOL, Binter Canarias, Royal Air Maroc), all the car hire companies (only Avis credit to BA, all major chains credit to IB+), some hotels...
well, I finally figured out how to move avios from BA to IB but apparently my IB account isn't 'active' since I have 0 avios there

I have UA, AA, SPG, HH, IHG, Club Carlson, etc points and I am looking for a partner to transfer points to my IB account to activate it

I have no plans on flying any airlines that credit to IB nor renting a car. Would love to know what the hotels are since the website barely works for me. Would also love to know any partners outside of BA I can move points into my IB account other than AMEX MR (which I don't have)
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
well, I finally figured out how to move avios from BA to IB but apparently my IB account isn't 'active' since I have 0 avios there

I have UA, AA, SPG, HH, IHG, Club Carlson, etc points and I am looking for a partner to transfer points to my IB account to activate it

I have no plans on flying any airlines that credit to IB nor renting a car. Would love to know what the hotels are since the website barely works for me. Would also love to know any partners outside of BA I can move points into my IB account other than AMEX MR (which I don't have)
Your best bet is to look at your own programme transfer options. Carlson last time I looked didn't transfer to Iberia so that's one you don't need to look into.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:08 am

I'm still having problems not seeing the option in Spanish to combine my IB avios to BAEC. I tried with Firefox, IE, and Google chrome. Help?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by somempire1
I'm still having problems not seeing the option in Spanish to combine my IB avios to BAEC. I tried with Firefox, IE, and Google chrome. Help?
You can do it from the BA site: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old May 19, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: MANY
Thanks to FT, the Iberia Spanish site worked for me. BA site was no good though.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:04 pm

Looking for a kind FT'er to transfer me 1,000 (or whatever the minimum is) from their IB+ to my IB+ so I can "activate" my IB+ account and then transfer in my BA Avios. Once I transfer in the BA Avios I need, I'll send it right back to you. Please PM if you are able to help.

Or, if there is a better way to get my IB+ account active without paying €54 for 2,000 Avios, that would be great as well.

THANKS!
Old May 29, 2014, 4:43 pm

Unfortunately there is a pretty hefty fee to transfer between other people's accounts (something like 30 EUR for 1000-6000 Avios).
A better way is to transfer some hotel/credit card/e-rewards points, or credit a hotel stay/ car hire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.