Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:35 pm
vji

-deleted-

Last edited by vji; Jun 21, 2018 at 8:36 pm Reason: oops, loaded an old version without new posts
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Was able to finally transfer IB->BA directly (on ba.com). Just took several tries over quite a few days. Once it finally worked. No rhyme or reason..
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Just tried to get my Avios accounts and those of Mrs Huge in order for transfers ... after much hoop-jumping (mostly because I needed to have my Iberia PIN be all numbers) I have all of my accounts that should be able to transfer working, i.e. everything except IB->BA. With Mrs Huge, I can't do anything in or out of BA (I get the "details don't match" error). I assume the problem is that her name on her BA profile is MS Bertha B Bellows [not her real name] while on the others it's just Bertha Bellows. I'm posting here just to confirm that that is clearly enough of a difference to cause a problem, and that I/we need to call BA to fix it (sounds like emailing them is less than satisfying). Does that sound correct or is there anything else I could be looking at before I go down the terrifying path of trying to talk to a human being on a phone?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by huge
Just tried to get my Avios accounts and those of Mrs Huge in order for transfers ... after much hoop-jumping (mostly because I needed to have my Iberia PIN be all numbers) I have all of my accounts that should be able to transfer working, i.e. everything except IB->BA. With Mrs Huge, I can't do anything in or out of BA (I get the "details don't match" error). I assume the problem is that her name on her BA profile is MS Bertha B Bellows [not her real name] while on the others it's just Bertha Bellows. I'm posting here just to confirm that that is clearly enough of a difference to cause a problem, and that I/we need to call BA to fix it (sounds like emailing them is less than satisfying). Does that sound correct or is there anything else I could be looking at before I go down the terrifying path of trying to talk to a human being on a phone?
Just call.

Don't know if they fixed it but literally every Spanish person has to do it since the surnames don't match. Quite an oversight when one of the programs is Spanish.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by huge
My name was too long to fit on IB Plus, so I ended up putting my third first name as my first last name to get the sequence correct. It would not let me transfer in or out either, so I had IB remove my third first name, so I now only have First First Last on IB Plus, whilst I have my full name on BA (First First First Last). Transfers are working fine between BA and IB now.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by cvarming
A few days after I transferred 1000 amex points to Iberia my account was deemed active and I was allowed to transfer avios from BA.
Can anyone confirm that this will work with Chase Ultimate Rewards points to reactivate an old Iberia Plus account?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: Tinder Plus
Technically it should work, however, my account is more than 90 days old and I transferred 1000 Amex points less than 90 days ago and combine option is still now available as per screenshots below.

Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:09 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This nonsense goes on and on. They have made it as complicated as they possibly can. I cannot say that all Spanish IT is rubbish but it is not user-friendly. Thanks to C-W-S - I actually managed to transfer Avios from Vueling to BA. It was not straightforward. Once upon a time it was easy as pie to transfer Avios into BA Avios (possibly Iberia as well but I would not know) - now it is as hard as they could make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.