Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes this one according to the IB forum. I would rate it above the CW seat.

Alitalia's version

Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Alitalia's version
Yes I was reading a recent AZ trip report with the new seat and improved food service.
It looked excellent.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: MUCCI
but not a conversion of the seat itself which was what we were talking about

That is bo||ocks.

And who is this 'we'? - The post you quoted was me replying to Raffles, who mentioned in passing that he would take a sloping seat from IB.

I said: "Have they not all been converted to fully horizontal now? I thought they had."

You said: " they didn't convert anything they removed a row
to enable each seat to recline into a fully horizontal sleeping position."

They most certainly did convert something, they converted the configuration of the cabin, to enable the seats to go horizontal.

Do you think they word 'converted' means 'swapped' or 'replaced'? - becasue it doesn't.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by David-A
:I said: "Have they not all been converted to fully horizontal now? I thought they had."

If you knew why did you ask
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes I was reading a recent AZ trip report with the new seat and improved food service.
It looked excellent.
The new A330-300s should have the new seat.
Wonder if this is really correct.

19SEP2012: Iberia plans to use A330-300s to Dakar, Rome and Tel Aviv

Iberia (IB, Madrid Barajas (MAD)) has published its first schedules for the first of eight A330-300s it has on order with deliveries expected to start towards the end of the year. It currently plans to use the aircraft on shorter haul routes initially with flights from Madrid to Dakar Yoff-Léopold Sédar Senghor International (DKR), Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International (FCO) and Tel Aviv Ben Gurion (TLV) currently planned for the month of February 2013.

http://www.ch-aviation.ch/portal/new...e-and-tel-aviv
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:29 pm

If you knew why did you ask
I stated that I believed they were all converted to full flat. However although I was VERY confident and believed this to be the case, I was not in a position to be 100% certain as a fact (I could not factually reconfirm it there and then).

[This is the type of thing (cabin changes) where it is not unknown for the odd frame to not get changed or have some deviation from others.]

Therefore in the presence of someone (Raffles) saying otherwise it reduced me fractionally to 99.55% confident, or something like that.

I still believed I was correct, and presumed Raffles might have mentioned (in passing) something that was now out of date.

BUT I counld't be 100% certain that he was not correct, and it was certainly possible I had missed some news. (And if you miss some news, you don't know you have missed it). So I left open the possibility. I expressed my understanding as a question to allow for confirmation from others. But to elevate it to a confident position, not an ignorant question, I flagged that I thought I was correct.

..... normal English language usage.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:33 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:05 am
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by angatol
If they have those seats on FCO-MAD, I might be convinced to pay double avios for shorthaul J
Certain flights from MAD to the canary islands might get them (and not just as a substitution), and also certain fligths MAD-LHR - in both cases for cargo belly reasons.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I opened the Iberia Plus account more than 90 days ago and the transaction date was also more than 90 days.

In the Avios.com site, under combine my balance, when I clicked Iberia Plus and put in my account number and PIN, only did I get, "Sorry, your log-in details have not been recognised. Please contact us".

So what did I do wrong here? Do I need to put IB in the beginning of the number? I tried many options still it didn't work. The same number combination log in Iberia Plus no problem.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by milemission; Oct 29, 2012 at 9:24 pm
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:02 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 5:22 am
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Try changing your PIN to all numeric.
Thanks, my PIN is all numeric.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:27 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:52 pm

Thanks, angatol.
I chatted with them and was told it was due to different addresses (Iberia account listed an US address).

Last edited by milemission; Oct 30, 2012 at 9:51 pm
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:52 am

If they have those seats on FCO-MAD, I might be convinced to pay double avios for shorthaul J

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...l#post19615785
Old Dec 3, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
is there a technical problem at this moment or some problem with iberia?
on iberia.com it tells me (combining works, but when trying to move a mile
Combine My Avios is currently unavailable
For reference purposes, here is the transaction id: CMA-110XYXYX;:

on avios.com I get the error right away when trying to combine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.