Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
There has been a problem with CMA up to this morning. It worked for me later today.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 4:49 am

Has anybody successfully activated his/her Iberia plus account through buying miles on Iberia's website? 54 Euros is quite a lot but I really need to make an award booking asap.

Thank you!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:34 am

I just called the BA help line to get help merging BA and Iberia Avios and was told that this ability ended on Dec 31. That is certainly the first I heard about there being a time limit on doing it. While I knew that accounts had to be opened for more than 3 months, no mention ever floated of this being a limited time ability.

(My Iberia account, opened on the 24th of Sep only became eligible on Dec 24th, but I was away, and decided to postpone merging until the new year.)

In true BA.com fashion their site still allows you to go through the motion of merging the accounts, only giving an error once you put in your Iberia credentials.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
I havent been able to successfully transfer points at all for the past two months. Have double checked addresses many times, accounts are both over 3 months old...

Bit ridiculous to withdraw the facility without giving people notice
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:19 am

I was a little bit concerned there because the OH has 5k in an IB account which is only about two and a bit months old (Accor transfer), so I decided to check if the tool is working. I have never been able to transfer from IB+ to BAEC as I have a HHA, but I have just bounced a solitary Avios around the following route:

BA to Avios
Avios to IB+
IB+ to Avios
Avios to BA

All very quick and scored me a big pile of useless emails.

Not as useless as the above info is for anyone outside the UK, CI & IOM however, as you can't have an avios.com account.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you. This worked for me
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: BA bronze
I've just transferred 1000 Avios from my Iberia Plus account to my BA Exec Club account and then transferred them back from IB+ to BA. Worked fine - instant transfer in each direction. These were direct transfers between by BA and IB+ accounts - I didn't need to transfer via my avios.com account.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:23 pm

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:34 am
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Alvador
I've just transferred 1000 Avios from my Iberia Plus account to my BA Exec Club account and then transferred them back from IB+ to BA. Worked fine - instant transfer in each direction. These were direct transfers between by BA and IB+ accounts - I didn't need to transfer via my avios.com account.

Strange, I'm not able to do that.

My BA account is a Household one, is yours individual?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by PanGalactic

Yes, individual account.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Alvador
Originally Posted by PanGalactic

Yes, individual account.
I have 1,500 avios I'm transferring to my Iberia account via e-rewards to transfer to BA Avios (family account), any updates to this??? Don't want to make that transfer (however small) if the avios will just waste away into my Iberia account
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
If you are not UK based and therefore don't have an avios.com account this is only a risk if your BA account is a household one.

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I have 1,500 avios I'm transferring to my Iberia account via e-rewards to transfer to BA Avios (family account), any updates to this??? Don't want to make that transfer (however small) if the avios will just waste away into my Iberia account
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Trying to move from IB to BA.

First hurdle - change IB PIN to numerical only

Second hurdle after logging in

"You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again."

What gives?

(BAEC - HHA if it makes any difference)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Trying to move from IB to BA.

First hurdle - change IB PIN to numerical only

Second hurdle after logging in

"You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus - you cannot move your Avios back again."

What gives?

(BAEC - HHA if it makes any difference)
I think your problem is the Household Account - transfers from IB to BAEC Household a/cs aren't allowed for some bizarre reason. The way round this is to transfer from IB to Avios then on to BAEC however, as you are based in HEL and therefore can't have an Avois a/c I think your are stuck with having to dissolve your Household a/c in order to put the transfer through.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Thanks - truely bizarre.

I think it's too much of a trouble to dissolve and re-establish the HHA, probably much easier to use the IB Avios for a shorthaul redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.