Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lloyds Avios credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Does anyone have any experience on how long its taking for cards/ rejection to turn up?
I got a letter asking for proof of address around 8 days after I applied (last week!). They needed a bank statement, utility bill, etc (originals) before they could open my account. Could have posted them in or take them to a Lloyds TSB branch for sighting and they verify a copy and forward them on - which I did today.

I've been at my current address for over 10 years, and have opted out of the "edited" electoral roll - but I thought banks and credit agencies can still see the full electoral roll.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Thdw
I'm trying to apply for this card but every time I click on the big orange "apply now" button, the window that opens is the same page that I just left! Is anyone else experiencing this or am I just being a little slow?
The link to 'apply' for the card definitely does not work. I e-mailed [email protected] and the rep stated it was working fine and that it was a problem with my settings! I have tried from 3 different computers and it does not work. I can't think of any other way to apply and secure the bonus avios offer
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Does anyone have any experience on how long its taking for cards/ rejection to turn up?
Applied Monday. Rejected Friday. Can't be bothered to check my credit score since I don't need the credit and I have more Avios points that I know what to do with at the moment, so might as well stick with my BA Amex and Tesco Visa.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by dddc
I've been at my current address for over 10 years, and have opted out of the "edited" electoral roll - but I thought banks and credit agencies can still see the full electoral roll.
They can. There could have been a mismatch between the details you gave and what's on the roll (middle name on one and not on the other?) Or the LTSB systems could be having an off-day.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I've still not had confirmation on acceptance or rejection over a week after application, I suppose Xmas post could be holding things up, it will be annoying if it does not come before 16th as that will be my last post dat before I go abroad and likely spend a fair old amount of Avios worth.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by amit1978
The link to 'apply' for the card definitely does not work. I e-mailed [email protected] and the rep stated it was working fine and that it was a problem with my settings! I have tried from 3 different computers and it does not work. I can't think of any other way to apply and secure the bonus avios offer
I have the same issue on IE and firefox. This line of code appears to be the offender.

<div class="cta icon-button" href="#"><a class="icon30 external split_url_prem" target="_blank" href="">Apply now</a></div>

So with the "#" it is just referring to itself not to a new page.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this link different. Are there different bonus awards then for certain customers.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/credit_cards.asp
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by origin
Is this link different. Are there different bonus awards then for certain customers.

Thanks. That one seems to have a different offer. From the AVIOS site it is 10 x avios points; from Lloyds TSB it is 10,000 bonus points if you spend £500 a month for 3 months.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:23 am

Unhappy Avios.com link broken

The lloydstsb.com offer is different to the avios.com offer. If you have a high spend and some overseas spend then the avios.com bonus points offer (for first 3 months ) is better as you can earn up to x20 normal miles with overseas spend, if you can actually apply for the damn thing!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:26 am

Response from avios to my e-mail
Thank you for your email and interest in Avios.

I have checked the link on our end and it is working fine. You will need to
allow both secure and non-secure data to be viewed when accessing the link.
Also if you have any pop up blockers enabled you will need to allow pop ups
on our website.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and I do hope that we have the
opportunity to assist with any future travel arrangements.

Kind regards

Alan Callister
Avios Customer Services
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Does not work for me either. I just get a new window with "about:blank" in the address page. I've enabled pop-ups from Avios and opened their site through the non-secure box so it's not that. Useless.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dont know how to open the online form for Avios. I have tried the links using IE and Chrome. Neither work for me.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:09 am

I dont know how to open the online form for Avios. I have tried the links using IE and Chrome. Neither work for me.
I think avios are in denial
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amit1978
I think avios are in denial
http://avios.faq-help.com/?label=contact

Maybe have a web chat with them to see if they can help.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
http://avios.faq-help.com/?label=contact

Maybe have a web chat with them to see if they can help.
Tried that:

"[Avios]Thank you for your message. I know exactly what you mean as I tried myself last night. If you just go via Lloyds website and search on there for the duo card you apply through themselves direct.

[Visitor] But you have to go through the Avios website to get the 10x bonus points for the first 3 months offer

[Avios] At present we are looking to get this issue fixed. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

[Visitor] So what should I do?

[Avios] I am afraid until we resolve the issue you will not be able to apply for it through the site.

[Visitor] So can you arrange an alternative way to apply and still qualify for that offer?

[Avios] Unfortunately not. I have flagged this again with our technical team."

Seems as though Amit's contact needs to talk to the technical team.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.