Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT - Let the banter begin - The World Cup thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT - Let the banter begin - The World Cup thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by squeeler
So eloquent! Anyone know where I can get an "anyone but England" T-shirt?
http://www.slanjkilts.com/vmchk/Leis...t-England.html
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Can one of the mods please move this thread to the appropriate home? a) it has nothing to do with BA as they flew VS and b) football is actually a minority sport in the UK in spite of all the publicity. Apart from the mode of transport to get where they have gone (and can they please stay there?) it has zilch to do with the "British Airways Executive Club".

PS I absolutely HATE football. (A gentlemen's game played by hooligans!)
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Have to agree with you about 'The Donkey' (Heskey) though.
Emile Heskey (England 'striker') - 58 caps, 7 goals
Rene Higuita (Colmbian goalkeeper) - 68 caps, 8 goals

Says it all really. He's up there with Gary Neville in the 'how on earth has he got so many international caps?' stakes.

Although to be fair, Heskey is much better at falling over. Sadly not a talent we can take advantage of as if he does it in the area we have no one who can score a penalty.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by OPebble
Can one of the mods please move this thread to the appropriate home? a) it has nothing to do with BA as they flew VS and b) football is actually a minority sport in the UK in spite of all the publicity. Apart from the mode of transport to get where they have gone (and can they please stay there?) it has zilch to do with the "British Airways Executive Club".

PS I absolutely HATE football. (A gentlemen's game played by hooligans!)

It's got plenty to do with BA - both Lobengula and I are flying out to the finals in 62K. A seat many revere as one of the best on the upper deck.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by matthewuk

It's got plenty to do with BA - both Lobengula and I are flying out to the finals in 62K. A seat many revere as one of the best on the upper deck.

Also BA have put on extra flights to SA and will ensure that these flights are crewed to prevent any disruption during any industrial action.

Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As we've done for previous World Cups (and also the Ashes) we'll leave this as the sole repository for any football related commentary. Those that don't like football don't have to read the thread.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC

Last edited by Swanhunter; Jun 3, 2010 at 9:27 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
As we've done for previous World Cups (and also the Ashes) we'll leave this as the sole repository for any football related commentary. Those that don't like football don't have to read the thread.

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Excellent news!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci

Swanhunter
Moderator, BAEC
Boo! Hiss!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC, HH, PC
Originally Posted by matthewuk

Make that three of us (well the flying out to the finals bit - I'm not sat in 62K )
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Well I'm a little disappointed there aren't better looking players in our squad. I mean shrek may be good on the field but he's hardly someone you want to invite into your bed. Torres, Villa, Xavi and Casillas on the other hand would definitely make you late for work in the morning. And so I'll be watching Espana closely this year.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
So on advice and experience checking out France, Spain and Brazil then. Any others on the must watch list?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do find the objectification of men in this thread most distressing.

Anyone watched any womens beach volleyball lately?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:36 pm

I do find the objectification of men in this thread most distressing.

Anyone watched any womens beach volleyball lately?
Boobies!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
I realise this may open up a can of worms, but just from casual observation of various threads, there does seem to be, in my humble opinion, a somewhat larger proportion of men who are inclined towards, shall we say, enjoying the aesthetics of male footballers than you would expect from a general cross section of society. I'm genuinely not trying to be inflammatory or anything, just have a genuine sociological interest in why this seems to be the case with frequent flyers, or at least BA ones.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: *A
This is one thread which differentiates between the men and the women, or at least those who aren't quite men

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.