Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OT - Let the banter begin - The World Cup thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT - Let the banter begin - The World Cup thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
AHEM - there's already a World Cup thread
Old Jun 3, 2010, 4:54 am

How many upper class seats does a VS plane have to Sa?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
By the looks of it they flew on a A346 which has 45 Upper Class Suites.... I'd guess this will be a charter rather than a scheduled flight.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Despite him being on crutches after his operation? I didn't realise Crouch was that bad.
I realise Zamora had a niggle at the end of the season, but the BBC did moot the possibility of him being fit in time, if he postponed the operation.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:42 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by blawson
Germany always perform when it matters.
So true....we were ecstatic when we beat them 5-1 in Munich in September 2001. But just 9 months later who was in the WCF......Germany.

Anyway, on a different matter I see the chavs are already out in force with their classy England flags clipped to anything they can on their cars

Sadly no longer just limited to white-van-man it seems
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by flatbedfan
Zamora instead of Crouch
You are joking, right?

Say what you like about his style of play but, to quote The Daily Telegraph, "Since England won the World Cup in 1966, Crouch's goals per game ratio (0.55) has only been bettered by Gary Lineker and Jimmy Greaves ..."

Given that a forward's currency is goals that's a pretty convincing argument to me for his inclusion in the squad.

Have to agree with you about 'The Donkey' (Heskey) though.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: BA bronze
Anyway, on a different matter I see the chavs are already out in force with their classy England flags clipped to anything they can on their cars
They look even classier, when they are still driving around with them on in mid November, bit like Red Noses...when its over, get the damn things off your cars!

Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by BOH

Sadly no longer just limited to white-van-man it seems
Yeah damn those people showing some enthusiasm for something that brings (much of) the country together for a couple of weeks...

Are they really that offensive to you?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
You are joking, right?

Say what you like about his style of play but, to quote The Daily Telegraph, "Since England won the World Cup in 1966, Crouch's goals per game ratio (0.55) has only been bettered by Gary Lineker and Jimmy Greaves ..."

Given that a forward's currency is goals that's a pretty convincing argument to me for his inclusion in the squad.

Have to agree with you about 'The Donkey' (Heskey) though.
Crouch's goal record does have to be taken in context though - 3 of his goals were against Jamaica, and another 3 against Andorra. Really only top-class competitive games mean much, and even then it's still history...

Last edited by jimthehorsegod; Jun 3, 2010 at 6:35 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:29 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
Yeah damn those people showing some enthusiasm for something that brings (much of) the country together for a couple of weeks...

Are they really that offensive to you?
Yeh - oh chavvy one
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...10/8719553.stm

(probably only available to people with a UK ip address).

A BA plane in the background - the thread is no longer OT ;-)
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Sounds like your interest in football is the same as mine!

The Brazilians usually have some hunks so I may just look in when they're playing. I'll miss Beckham too - those strong, muscular thighs ....... yummy!! And no Shrek doesn't do it for me either, what does Colleen see in him. Saw her at LGW recently and she's really pretty

Let me know if you see any legs worth looking at
I can only think other than what others have said, that maybe she is impressed by his keepy uppy skills.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I can only think other than what others have said, that maybe she is impressed by his keepy uppy skills.

Or that famous Mrs Merton question to Debbie McGee...

" So what first attracted you to the multi-millionaire magician Paul Daniels..."

You probably apply that to most of the WAGS.

Having said that Wayne and Colleen have been together since they were at school. Needless to say, she turned a blind eye, to his adventures with a mature staff member of a massage parlour in Liverpool.

Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Jimmie76

Too much information

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go be sick after that thought
Old Jun 3, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Too much information

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go be sick after that thought
I was talking about his ball skills (on the pitch) I dread to think what you were thinking of....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.