Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Well, the internal code being shown on EF is 76B, in case that helps at all.
Thanks, I think we'll just go for near the front.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:58 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Have tried searching but to no avail.

When is it the whole Y cabin opens up in MMB, ie how many hours / days before the flight? Being Bronze I can select a seat at T-7 days but usually the first 4-5 rows of the Y cabin are blocked (presumably for higher status members on a late booking).

I know previously I usually select a seat at the T-7 and then move further forward closer to the day of flight as something better becomes available.

Anyone know?
Old May 19, 2013, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Around 3 days before departure - typically in the early morning so it can be up to 80 hours before the flight actually goes.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
LHR to ATH

My wife and I flying ET from LHR to ATH on BA638, on Sunday June 9th. As it's a fairly long flight and I'm very tall, I did think about pre-booking seats, as I can't upgrade a cruise agency booking. 12 DEF are currently available, as are most seats behind. Is it worth paying for two of these, or should I wait for OLCI?

It would be good to know if rows 1-9 will be CE?
Old May 21, 2013, 12:47 pm

Little help here.

A321 MAN-LHR do I pick 8E & 8F or row 21?

A319 LHR-GVA in CE stick with row 3 or move to row 4?

Cheers in advance.
Old May 21, 2013, 2:06 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dannyrado
Little help here.

Cheers in advance.
A321 - I would tend to go 8F on the logic that both have aisle access, and sometimes when you choose 8F no one else chooses 8E as it's a lone middle.

You also get a view.

A319 - No difference imo. As GVA is band 2 there is no choice on food anyway.
Old May 21, 2013, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Little help here.

Cheers in advance.
Row 8 will beat row 21 for legroom. You won't be able to touch the seat in front of you.
Old May 22, 2013, 3:44 am

Goodoh. I've nabbed 8E & 8F. Thanks.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:49 am

LHR to IST coming up - currently got 28 J and K reserved - showing has having "exit seats" in front - does this mean no legroom? 27 D E and F still available - worth changing? Also, if I reserve D and F is it likely that E will remain empty?
Old May 22, 2013, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by unknown786
LHR to IST coming up - currently got 28 J and K reserved - showing has having "exit seats" in front - does this mean no legroom? 27 D E and F still available - worth changing? Also, if I reserve D and F is it likely that E will remain empty?
I would stick with the aisle/window pair you have. There's always a possibility that a middle seat will be occupied in ET, and I wouldn't want to risk it to IST, which is not a short flight.
Old May 22, 2013, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unknown786
Row 28 has normal legroom. The cloth seats are not especially comfortable. 27DEF have a bulk head in front so reduce leg room but no seat reclining into you.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:03 am

Thanks for the quick replies - the problem is nothing beyond 15 is available! I thought 27DEF would have extra legroom - I should have mentioned we are travelling with a baby so perhaps 27 would be slightly better...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
ET 321 suggestions

KBP-LHR (A321) Row 7 if the first one in ET - I believe that either 7A or 7C is not desirable as they won't recline? I usually prefer an aisle seat in the first row behind CE but I don't think I've flown in 321 in ET before.

The entire Row 8 is free (save for 8D). Is my understanding correct that if I select 8F (or 8A) it will be the best of both worlds - that is, an aisle seat with a window? I like window seats but I hate bothering people when I need to leave the seat so if I can have a direct aisle access from 8F without making anyone get up that would be cool.

There is very little information about ET in 321 (I know that we all fly premium cabins) so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Edit after the flight:
Row 7 does fully recline on A321. And If row 7 is the first one after CE I would take A or C (was in 'C' and it was very comfortable). Row 8 does offer enourmous leg room but it is kind of weird to be sitting by the door with no window.

Last edited by Andriyko; Jun 24, 2013 at 10:17 am
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Andriyko
KBP-LHR (A321) Row 7 if the first one in ET - I believe that either 7A or 7C is not desirable as they won't recline? I usually prefer an aisle seat in the first row behind CE but I don't think I've flown in 321 in ET before.

The entire Row 8 is free (save for 8D). Is my understanding correct that if I select 8F (or 8A) it will be the best of both worlds - that is, an aisle seat with a window? I like window seats but I hate bothering people when I need to leave the seat so if I can have a direct aisle access from 8F without making anyone get up that would be cool.

There is very little information about ET in 321 (I know that we all fly premium cabins) so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Bumping in the hope that someone has flown in ET on 321 and can provide insight...
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Row 7 doesn't recline.

Row 8 has fantastic legroom but can feel a bit dark as you don't have a full window. I would pick 8F and hope no-one picks the middle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.