Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Was in 8A on Monday flying to Copenhagen. You get lots of leg room and can get up without disturbing your neighbours. You also get a window.

Not sure about row 7 not reclining. I think it does, but not to the point where it bothers row 8, unless you are about 7 feet tall.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Thank you both Swanhunter and nobbyclark!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
BA824 - Dublin ET

Quick question, I've booked a last minute return to Dublin for later this week, will actually be my first BA flight from T1.

The outbound flight is listing aircraft type as BOA, showing exit rows on 11 and 12...? When I first booked I thought it was an A320 but I'm guessing this means an aircraft change?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by ab007
Quick question, I've booked a last minute return to Dublin for later this week, will actually be my first BA flight from T1.

The outbound flight is listing aircraft type as BOA, showing exit rows on 11 and 12...? When I first booked I thought it was an A320 but I'm guessing this means an aircraft change?
See this thread here -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...codes-mmb.html

That code means you are flying on G-MEDK by my reckoning.

I believe MMB originally shows a generic aircraft type, then once it get to a few days from the flight and fleet allocations are sorted out it changes to a more detailed code.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
See this thread here -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...codes-mmb.html

That code means you are flying on G-MEDK by my reckoning.

I believe MMB originally shows a generic aircraft type, then once it get to a few days from the flight and fleet allocations are sorted out it changes to a more detailed code.
Ah thank you, didn't know about the code changes...

The seat selection map shows 11/12 for exit rows - seat guru (which I guess may not be correct with CE no.) says exit rows 10/11 so that was partly my confusion.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:35 am

Hi, sorry if this has already been covered but I had a search and couldn't seem to find an answer.

The husband and I are planning to book a flight from Agadir - Manchester in September. Him indoors is exceptionally tall so leg room is always an issue for us. The BA website is showing the following aircraft:

AGA-LHR - A320
LHR-MAN - A319

I'm not overly concerned with the LHR-MAN leg of the journey but would like some advice on seat selection for AGA-LHR. We normally book exit row seats as they tend to have extra legroom and subconciously I feel safer on an exit row (probably nonesense I know!).

Looking at Seatguru/expert/thebasource etc there seems to be some conflicting information. Some suggest that due to the convertable nature of the cabin for club europe that 34" seat pitch is available up to row 11, is this correct? Also some sites mention that the "B" seats are uncomfortable is it therefore better to go for seats on the right hand side of the aircraft? And finally do rows 10 & 11 recline?

Thanks in advance to anyone than answers and sorry if this information is already on here somewhere.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Rokkoquette
Hi, sorry if this has already been covered but I had a search and couldn't seem to find an answer.

The husband and I are planning to book a flight from Agadir - Manchester in September. Him indoors is exceptionally tall so leg room is always an issue for us. The BA website is showing the following aircraft:

AGA-LHR - A320
LHR-MAN - A319

I'm not overly concerned with the LHR-MAN leg of the journey but would like some advice on seat selection for AGA-LHR. We normally book exit row seats as they tend to have extra legroom and subconciously I feel safer on an exit row (probably nonesense I know!).

Looking at Seatguru/expert/thebasource etc there seems to be some conflicting information. Some suggest that due to the convertable nature of the cabin for club europe that 34" seat pitch is available up to row 11, is this correct? Also some sites mention that the "B" seats are uncomfortable is it therefore better to go for seats on the right hand side of the aircraft? And finally do rows 10 & 11 recline?

Thanks in advance to anyone than answers and sorry if this information is already on here somewhere.
On A320 it's a 34" pitch up to row 12 as this is how big CE can be. Rows 9 and 10 do not recline. There is nothing wrong with 'B' seats. On aircraft with convertible seats the first row of the economy section has only 2 seats on the left side (A & C) which are in CE configuration (these are the best seats).
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Have a Domestic/World Traveller Plus booking in October.
The Domestic leg has booked in to a J selling class, giving seat selection to our all blue level party of 5, which was expected.

All the seats in the A320's both ways were free to chose from, apart from blocked rows 1 to 5, so booked in to 6 AB & 7ABC.

The aircraft on the return leg has now changed to an A321, and rows 1 to 6 are now blocked. (Checked with expertflyer, and they are not occupied) yet we've not been bumped out of our seats despite being blue.
OK, now the magic behind the scenes at BA has switched this flight to a 767, and bumped us to:
18K, 19J/K and 20J/K and is showing from the seat map on ExpertFlyer as a Longhaul bird!

Rows 1-4 and 10-13 are blocked off.

This is all the BA seat map shows - no Exit without changes, nor Save and Continue buttons

Quite surprised they've put this out as a Longhaul 767 so many months in advance.

I wonder if this is the beginning of the 787 cascade effect?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Flying to/from WAW in September on an A320 in Euro Traveler. As AA EXP I can choose seats now. On the outbound flight Euro Traveler shows as beginning at row 7, with rows 11 and 12 as exits. Row 12, the second exit row) is the first available row we can choose. On the return flight, 11 and 12 are also listed as exits, but Euro Traveler begins at row 4 and we can choose seats in row 10 (just ahead of the exit rows).

BA.com and SeatGuru show rows 10 and 11 as exits. This is very confusing.

So... Can I assume the seat map on the "View or change seats" page is the correct one? Should I pick the second exit row for us?

Hopefully some rows closer to the front with greater pitch will open up at T-72, making all of this moot.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
Flying to/from WAW in September on an A320 in Euro Traveler. As AA EXP I can choose seats now. On the outbound flight Euro Traveler shows as beginning at row 7, with rows 11 and 12 as exits. Row 12, the second exit row) is the first available row we can choose. On the return flight, 11 and 12 are also listed as exits, but Euro Traveler begins at row 4 and we can choose seats in row 10 (just ahead of the exit rows).

BA.com and SeatGuru show rows 10 and 11 as exits. This is very confusing.
Row 10 does not recline. Select Row 11 for now, and then move forward when, and if, BA releases those seats at T-72 or so. (They may still move the curtain after than time).
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Row 10 does not recline. Select Row 11 for now, and then move forward when, and if, BA releases those seats at T-72 or so. (They may still move the curtain after than time).
As the first exit row, does row 11 also not recline?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:12 pm

I believe it is row 9 and 10 that do not recline as it would reduce the space leading to the exit behind.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by visualAd
I believe it is row 9 and 10 that do not recline as it would reduce the space leading to the exit behind.
Thanks. I guess my real question is not which rows recline, but which rows are the exit rows on the A320? As I noted above, when I go to choose seats on ba.com it shows rows 11 and 12 as exits. But Seatguru and the page of seat maps on BA.com show rows 10 and 11 as exits. I have flown BA's A320 before, but in CE, and paid little mind to what was behind the curtain.

(Which leads to another question I will sneak in here: if I am on an AA ticket will I have any opportunity to upgrade to CE for cash?)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:29 am

It might be an old BMI aircraft or a slightly different A320 model? Can't really answer for sure. I would assume the seat plan on the seat selection screen is accurate.

As for upgrading to CE, that would depend on the fare rules of your ticket, guess you would need to contact AA. You may also be able to take advantage of an airport upgrade though.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stripe
But Seatguru and the page of seat maps on BA.com show rows 10 and 11 as exits. I have flown BA's A320 before, but in CE, and paid little mind to what was behind the curtain.

(Which leads to another question I will sneak in here: if I am on an AA ticket will I have any opportunity to upgrade to CE for cash?)
For the AA ticket: your best bet is to pay for an Airport Upgrade Promotion (AUP) either airside (customer service desk) or landside at T3. This is open to AA tickets. Staff often call it an Upgrade Promo.

For A320 in particular, the difference in seats at exit rows is there, but small, just a few inches, and arguably the difference between spacesaver and converter seating is bigger anyway. It's not as big a gap as on A321 or even A319. Overall it is very simple: A319 you want row 9, A320 is row 11, A321 is row 8. Or on A321 22A, 22F, 21B+E (which no one except the cognoscenti goes for since they look like middle seats) or 21C+D. Alternatively, at your own risk, the first seat behind the CE curtain, but that's a moveable and unreliable feast. seatguru is also way out of date for the BA fleet.

BMI adds a random factor but it's probably not sensible to spend long on this, not least because equipment changes on the European Airbus routes are very common (sometimes several changes a week) and it is a short flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.