Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Anyone?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by BA6501
Anyone?
Sorry, been a long time since I sat in row 27. Can't remember about the window, but I usually sit on the aisle anyway. Personally I would choose row 9 or lower. If it's a Europe flight, you will get off first as the crew hold back rows 12 and above to let the front cabin empty (you will even be off before anyone in CE, assuming there is a mix of CE and ET up front). Even if it's domestic, you will be off a lot sooner than being in row 27.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Three ET flights, in quick succession, on these 767s. For now the first row available is row 16, but I'll obviously move up as much as possible at T-72. Though 27A/K do sound nice...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
Question for you SH 767 fans. I'm looking at 27A or 27K - seem like unlimited legroom, however, can you also see out of the window or is there a missing window / just the small door window you have to lean forward (a la A321)?

Thanks!
My personal favourite on the SH767 is row 12, you disembark first, have a good amount of legroom although not unlimited legroom I find it perfectly comfortable for the one hour or so I am on the aircraft (I'm 6'3) and there are two windows.

Row 27 does indeed have great legroom however I don't know about the window situation.

Row 27 also benefits from being in an area where you hear the whining hydraulic sounds on the 767 which remind you how old these old birds are!

Here's a link to a picture I took of row 12 (if it works)

http://instagram.com/p/l2x2B6vj70/?modal=true

Last edited by Down Low; Aug 5, 2014 at 4:58 am
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, looks good. I guess I'll take row 12 on the first flight, then have a wander back and see what 27 is like if I don't get an answer here in the meantime. Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Any thoughts on the earlier question?

(Deleted)

Last edited by smilinganddialing; Aug 5, 2014 at 11:44 am Reason: Posted in wrong thread
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
BA 522

Hi all,

I'm booked on BA522 this Friday, LHR-MAD, which is on an Iberia A340 but "operated by BA". As OW Sapphire, I can select seats in advance for free. However, I can't for the life of me find a seat map for this aircraft anywhere online. This is one of the high Y IB 340-300s, but the seating plan on ba.com, until today, listed the aircraft as 342. Today, this has changed to I4C, albeit with the same map and rows 5-12 now open. I was originally right up the back but moved to 6A today. Exit row 24 is either blocked or full. Is 6A a decent choice or is there anything better? What would happen if the operating aircraft changed to a "normal" 340-300, where row 6 is business? Would I get automatically shifted to whatever was left up the back? I've been stung quite a bit recently on BA with last minute aircraft changes resulting in me no longer being at the exit so want to try and keep this one!

Cheers!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hi,

Does anybody know how far back the Club Europe cabin usually goes on flights from ATH-LHR?

I'm currently in row 10 (in ET on the A320) and I don't know how I got there! All other seats from rows 8-13 are unavailable. Looks to me like the curtain will probably go back quite far and then I'll be pushed into the oblivion!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by headingwest
Does anybody know how far back the Club Europe cabin usually goes on flights from ATH-LHR?

I'm currently in row 10 (in ET on the A320) and I don't know how I got there! All other seats from rows 8-13 are unavailable. Looks to me like the curtain will probably go back quite far and then I'll be pushed into the oblivion!
You may well be booted out of row 10 within a few days, though possibly temporarily so. Row 12 - the exit row - can be in Club Europe, I seem to recall row 13 too, if they adjust crew levels. Unusual nevertheless, CE for ATH isn't as popular as it is to IST. Or rather when it is, they would run a 767 anyway.

The more usual ATH CE configuration is 4 to 6 rows or thereabouts, in my experience.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Thanks CWS, I'll be watching it carefully.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I'm on BA 516 LHR to MAD this week. The aircraft type has been changed to "I4C"?

I believe this flight is operated by Iberia? Which aircraft would that be? Me and Mrs. Atticus are currently sitting in row 24 which the seatmap shows as an exit seat. Is this still the case?

Currently I can't find any matching seat guide online that starts with a wide body aircraft and a Y layout that starts at row 5.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by AAtticus
I'm on BA 516 LHR to MAD this week. The aircraft type has been changed to "I4C"?
It's an Airbus 340-300 longhaul, if the final row is 36 / 37 - and you want row 5 or 6 if you can get them! It may be the 340-200 in which case row 5 and 6 is normal seating (and row 24 looks to be the exit row on that, but I'm not certain).
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's an Airbus 340-300 longhaul, if the final row is 36 / 37 - and you want row 5 or 6 if you can get them! It may be the 343-200 in which case row 5 and 6 is normal seating (and row 24 looks to be the exit row on that, but I'm not certain).
Thanks for the quick reply and info corporate-wage-slave
Unfortunately the final row is 40 and selecting a seat on row 5 gives me an error that an infant seat with cot is unavailable.
Is this is just an incorrectly loaded seat map or a glitch?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus
Thanks for the quick reply and info corporate-wage-slave
Unfortunately the final row is 40 and selecting a seat on row 5 gives me an error that an infant seat with cot is unavailable.
Is this is just an incorrectly loaded seat map or a glitch?
That sounds like the more usual 342 model, so there's no particular point in getting row 5 or 6. I would therefore stick with 24 if it is available, however any window side pairing should give a comfortable ride for a short distance flight. You are on to a winner by dint of its longhaul configuration. I was thinking how you could upgrade to Business class, but I can see that would be probably so complex it would take longer than the flight to arrange! If you were on the last leg of your original ticket and had some spare Avios perhaps?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:07 pm

A319, CDG-LHR, couple, business up to 11.

Would it make sense to take 12CD, as aisle seats seem less cramped, these are the most forward economy seats and it's not that far across the aisle if we need to talk?

OW sapphire, if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.