Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Rows 10 and 11 are the exit rows on the 320. 9 and 10 do not recline as they would block the exit potentially. 11 does recline.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Rows 10 and 11 are the exit rows on the 320. 9 and 10 do not recline as they would block the exit potentially. 11 does recline.
For the record, one of the seat maps on our A320 flights follows. It is interesting that in this one ET starts at row 7 and on the other flight it starts at row 4. We are in row 12, which I hope will turn out to be the actual second exit row.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... and it is a short flight.
No, it's not LHR-HKG but at 2.5 hours it's not AUS-DFW either. Long enough to me to be picky about seating, especially when spouse is along.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Stripe
For the record, one of the seat maps on our A320 flights follows. It is interesting that in this one ET starts at row 7 and on the other flight it starts at row 4. We are in row 12, which I hope will turn out to be the actual second exit row.
Unless it's something I've not come across row 12 is a normal row on A320, with no extra space.

The ET start row is actually completely flexible. I'm guessing row 12 is the second flight, they keep the curtain a long way back, and then move it forward, typically (but not always) 3 days before departure. So keep an eye on it, and see whether you can improve on it. If you get the seat behind the curtain you normally get CE legroom and, if A/C seats, the wider seat with B blocked off. But the curtain can move very very frequently.

If you are trying to get a middle seat between you and your spouse as well, going to the front of ET could end in tears since not everyone will swap seats (believe it or not, some passengers prefer middle seats, and others will simply refuse to move). You would be better choosing a seat towards the back which if the aircraft is less than full is likely to give you that free middle seat (especially the second WAW flight of the day midweek).
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Rows 11 and 12 are the exit rows on the ex-bmi A320s. See threads passim regarding reduced CE pitch allowing this (though a lot of the extra row comes from the reduced galley space and lack of wardrobe!)
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I'm in Y on an A319 to DUB - all the information on here and on SeatGuru shows the exit row as row 9 but in MMB row 10 is the exit row. Any ideas?
I find myself in the same situation... Just booked DUB for a couple of weeks time and 319's both ways are showing exit row as 10 (which I've selected), but this contradicts comments in this thread as well as other online resources.

I'm fairly confident the MMB seat selection is right (had this with DUB a couple of months back on 320's but trusted MMB seat map and it prooved correct, think it was ex BMI) - guess I'll have to see what code shows up nearer the time.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 4:32 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Plane is ex-BMI and another row between front and emergency exit
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
It's within 3 days of our A320 flight and seats in the forward ET rows opened up. The first ET row is 6, and the left side of that row has only two seats (A and C). On the right side, and on both sides of all rows further back, there are three seats on each side. I grabbed us 6A and 6C. Will we really have no one between us? At this point do we still risk getting kicked back if they need to expand CE?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got an exit row window seat in ET and the two seats next to me have been taken now (were available when I selected a seat but now blanked out).
Does that mean 2 people have chosen to be my seat mates and ignore the other empty row? (row 10 full, row 11 has 2 on the left side, empty on the right hand side).
Or BA putting people there?
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
It's within 3 days of our A320 flight and seats in the forward ET rows opened up. The first ET row is 6, and the left side of that row has only two seats (A and C). On the right side, and on both sides of all rows further back, there are three seats on each side. I grabbed us 6A and 6C. Will we really have no one between us? At this point do we still risk getting kicked back if they need to expand CE?
Provided BA don't need to expand the CE cabin, you will have the compressed B seat between you. However if the CE cabin is expanded you will be headed towards the tail!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by OPebble
Provided BA don't need to expand the CE cabin, you will have the compressed B seat between you. However if the CE cabin is expanded you will be headed towards the tail!
The flight is showing J9 C9 R9 I9, with 10 of the 20 CE seats occupied. Can I assume that it would be very unlikely that they would need to move the curtain back? (I do understand that BA's seating policy means that some of those unoccupied CE seats may already be sold.)
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:17 am

Lhr-man a319

My wife and I are flying RT LHR-MAN in an A319 next year (connecting from JFK-LHR). It appears to be an economy only flight.

I can select a seat for free as a OW sapphire, so I took 9C (exit row aisle), but we'd have to pay to select a seat for her in advance.

Any views on whether it's worthwhile to reserve a seat in advance for her, especially as it's listed as 1 hour flight? Any idea if these flights are usually crowded? Would the exit row be best for a couple?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
My wife and I are flying RT LHR-MAN in an A319 next year (connecting from JFK-LHR). It appears to be an economy only flight.

I can select a seat for free as a OW sapphire, so I took 9C (exit row aisle), but we'd have to pay to select a seat for her in advance.

Any views on whether it's worthwhile to reserve a seat in advance for her, especially as it's listed as 1 hour flight? Any idea if these flights are usually crowded? Would the exit row be best for a couple?
It is about 34-38 mins flying time (gained through plenty of experience). I personally always go for 3C/D - the optimum amount of overhead locker space versus being close to the front for a swift exit. For such a short flight, I wouldn't worry about emergency exits and such like.

Paying for seating on a domestic is a complete waste of money, however they usually go pretty full if departure is at a reasonable time.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
It is about 34-38 mins flying time (gained through plenty of experience). I personally always go for 3C/D - the optimum amount of overhead locker space versus being close to the front for a swift exit. For such a short flight, I wouldn't worry about emergency exits and such like.

Paying for seating on a domestic is a complete waste of money, however they usually go pretty full if departure is at a reasonable time.
Departure are scheduled for 8:15a from LHR and 1:55p from MAN (in each case a 2 hour connection with T3).

Recommendation is for me to take an aisle in 3 now and for her to try for an aisle (or whatever, but not B) close to the front when checking in at 24 hours before the flight?

Do OW elites (and their traveling companions) get to board first on this flight?

BTW, we're on separate record locators.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

No, it's not LHR-HKG but at 2.5 hours it's not AUS-DFW either. Long enough to me to be picky about seating, especially when spouse is along.
My return flight is showing this configuration. Should I get a security exit seat?

Last edited by ringingup; Feb 25, 2014 at 4:44 am
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Question for you SH 767 fans. I'm looking at 27A or 27K - seem like unlimited legroom, however, can you also see out of the window or is there a missing window / just the small door window you have to lean forward (a la A321)?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.