Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Euro Traveller/UK Domestic

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
These are exit doors (as opposed to emergency exits) - and they have a small window in them. Great leg room - poor view.
Thanks - I better check with she who must be obeyed before I book these I think!
Old May 7, 2012, 4:11 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
I have a quick question concerning seating on the A321.

Two of us are flying Eurotraveller and I'm looking to pay to reserve seats. 21B/C and 21D/E are both available. These are unusual seats as they are in rows with no A or F seats.

Seat Guru reckons these are good seats, but I was wondering... do they have windows? Looking at the seat map and comparing with a picture of such a plane, I think they do - but can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
Whilst the windows are tiny, I'd still recommend these seats as they mean you don't have to sit next to someone you don't know.

If the other half says she needs a row with a window, I would try for 8E/F if it is in Euro Traveller, as 8D is a crew seat (although the window is fractionally behind 8F) or 22AB or 22EF.

22A and 22F do not have a seat in front of them, so have aisle access and unlimited legroom (and a window).
Old May 7, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I keep forgetting the ET configuratons for different shorthaul aircaft ....

I am on a 320 (to VIE) and have the choice of the front A/C seats immediately behind the curtain - with the inevitable risk that I will lose then if the curtain moves - or any of the exit row seats in rows 10 and 11.

What I cannot remember is how generous the legroom is in the exit rows on a 320. If it is the very generous legroom I will probably go for 11 D/E, if not I may take my chance on 7 A/C. Any assistance gratefully received.
Old May 7, 2012, 6:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
What I cannot remember is how generous the legroom is in the exit rows on a 320. If it is the very generous legroom I will probably go for 11 D/E, if not I may take my chance on 7 A/C. Any assistance gratefully received.
It's the 321s with the very generous leg room on row 8 and 21. On the A320s there is extra amount of legroom for row 11, and row 10 cannot recline into you, but it's going to be your call as to its generosity. It's not a missing row by any means. The first row after the curtain? Well you could always go for row 11 now, and see what happens at T-24.
Old May 7, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Of BA's A3xx series aircraft the A320 has the least extra legroom at the exit rows. I would concur with c-w-s that row 11 would be the best, as row 10 can't recline into you, but you still can recline if you wish. I would, however, make sure that you are early on board the aircraft as you will need to put everything in the overhead locker for take-off and landing. Locker space is always at a premium on board, and if you don't get your stuff in the overhead then you run the risk of it going in the hold.

The A319 has the best combination of standard seat config with good legroom. Whilst the A321 has the most legroom at the doors, including two seats at row 22 due to missing seats in row 21, the seats are narrower due to the tray table being in the arm rest and I just don't find them as comfortable.
Old May 7, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
Whilst the windows are tiny, I'd still recommend these seats as they mean you don't have to sit next to someone you don't know.

If the other half says she needs a row with a window, I would try for 8E/F if it is in Euro Traveller, as 8D is a crew seat (although the window is fractionally behind 8F) or 22AB or 22EF.

22A and 22F do not have a seat in front of them, so have aisle access and unlimited legroom (and a window).
Thanks - just gone for 22EF. 8EF seem to be in ET, but the first 6 rows or so seem to have been blocked at the moment. Flight is on 20/5, so maybe these will open up nearer departure?
Old May 7, 2012, 5:03 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Thanks - just gone for 22EF. 8EF seem to be in ET, but the first 6 rows or so seem to have been blocked at the moment. Flight is on 20/5, so maybe these will open up nearer departure?
Yes, you will be able to select these 3 days before your departure.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:57 am
Formerly known as McLovin'

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Seating on Domestic A320

Been a while since I flew on a BA domestic, but will be heading up to Edinburgh shortly. So, based on collective experience should I be looking to grab row1, row2 or exit row seats?
Old May 16, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I prefer to be at the front of the aircraft, but prefer Row 2 for legroom over Row 1.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-domestic.html
Old May 16, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The problem with row 1 is;

(1) No underseat storage under the seat in front of you.

(2) Overhead storage can be limited if you are not one of the first to board

Regards

TBS
Old May 16, 2012, 12:27 pm
Formerly known as McLovin'

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
Thanks, 2C/2A now grabbed on this trip. ^

Seatguru does mark Row1 as having some disadvantages, but I don't always agree with Seatguru, so thought I'd better ask

Also, thanks for the link Genuis1, very useful thread.*

* The thread that this conversation has been moved into [newbie error]
Old May 22, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191

If the other half says she needs a row with a window, I would try for 8E/F if it is in Euro Traveller, as 8D is a crew seat (although the window is fractionally behind 8F)
This was a great tip - nabbed 8E/F coming into LHR on Sunday. Seat were perfect - buckets of room and easy to get off quick once we landed. Thank you! ^
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Question

Do the exit row 'window seats' on the Airbus have windows or are any of them windowless? If they do, are they full-sized windows or are they smaller-than-normal ones?

Specifically:

A319, Row 9
A320, Row 11
A321, Row 22

Cheers,

CK
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Charlie Kilo
Do the exit row 'window seats' on the Airbus have windows or are any of them windowless? If they do, are they full-sized windows or are they smaller-than-normal ones?

Specifically:

A319, Row 9
A320, Row 11
A321, Row 22

Cheers,

CK
A319, Row 9 - Yes, regular size and positioned window.
A320, Row 11 - Yes, regular size and positioned window.
A321, Row 22 - Yes, regular size and positioned window, all be it only one of them before the door frame panel starts, but still in a regular position.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
A319, Row 9 - Yes, regular size and positioned window.
A320, Row 11 - Yes, regular size and positioned window.
A321, Row 22 - Yes, regular size and positioned window, all be it only one of them before the door frame panel starts, but still in a regular position.

Im surprised you can remember this information

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.