Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:54 pm

Disabled Code

Hello, I hope for your help. we are flying to las vegas in august and we want to rent a car from avis at the horse trade in las. I have a handycap. is there a code for disabled people?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:03 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by matzeeee
Hello, I hope for your help. we are flying to las vegas in august and we want to rent a car from avis at the horse trade in las. I have a handycap. is there a code for disabled people?
There are no codes that we know of specifically for the disabled, but you can request a quote from AutoSlash using the link below and we'll search all the discounts you qualify for.

Safe travels!
matzeeee likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by matzeeee
While I don't see any discounts listed, this website does list special services offered to people with disabilities (and in some cases, special phone numbers for making reservations and requesting special services) by the various rental companies:

https://dealhack.com/blog/disability...t-guide#rental
IAHtraveler and matzeeee like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
There are no codes that we know of specifically for the disabled, but you can request a quote from AutoSlash using the link below and we'll search all the discounts you qualify for.

Safe travels!
thanks! there aren't bad prices either. Note: when I click on an Autoflash offer from Germany, the link leads to an error. if i activate vpn with connection to USA then it works. a question. you also have good hotel prices. do I have to have booked a rental car beforehand?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
What Happens With Accidents/Theft

If one uses a corporate discount code to which they cannot prove that they are entitled to use, and some type of misadventure occurs, would whatever insurance is provided by Avis be voided should it become known that there was "misrepresentation " on the rental agreement?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by silentbob16
Sorry, most of the useful information in this post was deleted by moderators.

I went through most of the codes in this thread. Here are the prices (before taxes and fees) I found for my rental.

No Code $334
Most Codes $305

The Best Codes
$180 [Censored by Moderator]
$155 [Censored by Moderator]
$148 [Censored by Moderator]
$142 [Censored by Moderator]
$141 [Censored by Moderator]
$127 [Censored by Moderator]

The best codes were all corporate codes. You may be asked for proof that you are eligible to use the code and be denied without it. I would recommend having a backup reservation using Autoslash for a low price.

You could also use one of the following Avis public use codes as your backup.

[Moderated]

or maybe you qualify for one of these.

A359807 AARP
B723700 Any Union Member
T765700 Military or Veteran

My experience is just an example. Your experience may be much different.

[Moderator's note: AWD were deleted that did not list the company/association, as required in this thread]

Silent Bob what is the $127 [Censored by Moderator] code (can you PM me it)

thanks a lot
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Charlott3
Does anyone have any experience with A333316 mentioned above? It's giving me a huge discount (50% off on a 2 week hire in France), but just wanted to check if anyone had been asked for ID etc when picking up the car. Almost seems too good to be true! Cheers.
I was told this by the Twitter team:

"I've looked at the AWD code that you have provided and this shows as a corporate number. If you are an employee of this company then you can use this code. You will be required to show proof of employment upon checkout. If that is not provided, a normal walk-up rate would be applied to the reservation."
Auto Enthusiast and strickerj like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:10 pm

Did you try this recently? Did they request a amazon ID. I am also a preferred and I just usually go to my car after I see my name on the board?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by bernyx
If you're avis preferred would they still likely ask for ID? I usually just have my car and spot poasted on the board
Anyone tried this one recently without having to produce ID?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:53 am

If you pay at pickup, do you have to go to the counter or do they authorize payment from the card used in the booking process? Havent used AVIS before and applied a AWD with pickup at LAX
Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:28 pm
Rax

Programs: NWA
If you've never rented from Avis, you'll likely have to stop at the counter.
Auto Enthusiast and kxc262 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by ajnaro
It used to be that you could simply call AVIS and ask.
Originally Posted by Dragula
How can you check to see which companies the Corporate codes are associated with?
GDS systems usually, but not always, display it when viewing the rate rules for an AWD.
When I view Car Rate Rules in Sabre for most of these AWDs, under "Miscellaneous Vendor Remarks" Avis generally includes the company name. So, a travel agent can usually find it if they look.

As an aside: I have genuine eligibility for a very good AWD that now requires a corporate email on the Avis website. When I book for myself through a GDS though... no need for a corporate email.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DIM
I’m renting a lot and my AVIS location created an AWD and a discount for me. Its J323400. Feel free to use it - if it will give you a better price, no ID needed.

Was told it is Cityflex discount - mean it gives maximum discount in a number of a largest US cities and works the best on a long rentals.
thanks for sharing this. Gives a great discount and planning to use it for an upcoming US rental. Definitely no ID required or any other restrictions? Are there any risks with using this AWD?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tywonefe79
Anyone tried this one recently without having to produce ID?
I've never needed ID just to pick up a car from my assigned spot, but they always check it at the exit gate – just like they have for years now. For those who might be wondering, I've been told by someone who'd know that Avis and Budget aren't generally checking AWD numbers at their major airports since it'd cause too much friction with their model of skipping the counter and all that. I've never had mine checked at a major airport, but the new info is both companies apparently cracking down on AWD misuse in major vacation destinations. I assume the rules vary by company, but I think most AWDs (and BCDs) are intended solely for work-related travel. This would explain why people I know with otherwise valid AWDs have had them rejected in holiday-centric cities such as Bozeman, Bend and Santa Rosa (popular shortcut versus SFO for folks traveling to Napa or Sonoma).

Btw this is all fairly recent – within the past six months – and I gather that it's in part due to the agencies' still-ongoing vehicle shortage (good way to keep them handy is by eliminating misuse of discount codes).
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kirker
I've never needed ID just to pick up a car from my assigned spot, but they always check it at the exit gate – just like they have for years now. For those who might be wondering, I've been told by someone who'd know that Avis and Budget aren't generally checking AWD numbers at their major airports since it'd cause too much friction with their model of skipping the counter and all that. I've never had mine checked at a major airport, but the new info is both companies apparently cracking down on AWD misuse in major vacation destinations. I assume the rules vary by company, but I think most AWDs (and BCDs) are intended solely for work-related travel. This would explain why people I know with otherwise valid AWDs have had them rejected in holiday-centric cities such as Bozeman, Bend and Santa Rosa (popular shortcut versus SFO for folks traveling to Napa or Sonoma).

Btw this is all fairly recent – within the past six months – and I gather that it's in part due to the agencies' still-ongoing vehicle shortage (good way to keep them handy is by eliminating misuse of discount codes).
I know that some Avis/Budget contracts have two separate codes, one for official business travel (which might include some insurance/LDW benefits), and a different code for leisure travel, which typically does not include any additional benefits.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.