Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2x1 is back!, But now with more miles!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:22 am

Ugh, I actually have 3 F segments that have space for trips that I want to take but wouldn't be flying them until Dec-April so having real difficulties pulling $4K out of thin air to make the purchase especially this far out.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by onlysuites
To be honest the route I need them for offers excellent value so for me its not about tricks or boomies.
Makes sense then.

As to new 35% Bonus offer: Guess we won with our delay tactic ( in small sort of way). In a major corporation there are always revenue goals for such promotions and initiatives.

It is our supreme job to make absolutely sure their revenue projections are never achieved.

If anyone received a survey request, please make sure to state the limitations on redemptions as a major factor of dissatisfaction. Longer permitted connection times/over-night. eliminate the virtual June/July Blackouts and the SQ ( + other selected carriers) F and J class blocking. Oh ya and re-classify GUM as continental USA.

BTW:You can register for the 35 % Bonus Offer - even for accounts which have never had any activity.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jun 1, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:24 pm

a LM survey, is it already christmas?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:01 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Originally Posted by ctrlf
T&C state that you'll have to wait for 24 hours after registration. Google Translate is your friend
You are right. I received an email confirming my registration for 135%. I should have read it more carefully. Thank you.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Makes sense then.

As to new 35% Bonus offer: Guess we won with our delay tactic ( in small sort of way). In a major corporation there are always revenue goals for such promotions and initiatives.

It is our supreme job to make absolutely sure their revenue projections are never achieved.

If anyone received a survey request, please make sure to state the limitations on redemptions as a major factor of dissatisfaction. Longer permitted connection times/over-night. eliminate the virtual June/July Blackouts and the SQ ( + other selected carriers) F and J class blocking. Oh ya and re-classify GUM as continental USA.

BTW:You can register for the 35 % Bonus Offer - even for accounts which have never had any activity.

SQ and the other premium carriers like EVA will never release long haul business and first class space out to other star alliance carriers, its can even be difficult for their own members to get long haul business and first tickets on their popular long haul routes
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by kylie79
SQ and the other premium carriers like EVA will never release long haul business and first class space out to other star alliance carriers, its can even be difficult for their own members to get long haul business and first tickets on their popular long haul routes
EVA long haul business is still available using Lifemiles!

SQ redemptions in long haul premier cabins have been available in the past using other *alliance partners. RIP BMI !!!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Through Lifemiles I procured 4 x J SIN>CDG (4 on the same flight) last year and have 2 MEL>SIN J in August this year. They come up occasionally.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:55 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Plenty of EVA J flights from LHR to BKK coming up as the middle segment in my BOG to SIN searches.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:32 pm

Wrong thread, sry!

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jun 4, 2016 at 7:44 am
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Guvner067
Through Lifemiles I procured 4 x J SIN>CDG (4 on the same flight) last year and have 2 MEL>SIN J in August this year. They come up occasionally.
its so rare though...for destinations like NYC, LA and London, its virtually impossible to find a redemption ticket on SQ for business and first class. For asian countries like Thailand and Taiwan, availability is so much better.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 1:24 pm

Well I'm happy I didn't end up buying any miles because I took advantage of the cheap Business Class fares to Europe on KLM. $1200USD return taxes and fees included.

The same ticket would have required 126K LifeMiles which would have cost me about $2000USD plus the taxes and fees on the actual ticket redemption.

I figure I came out ahead by about $800USD and I'll credit the flight to Alaska Mileage
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
With so many good regular paid business class deals around to get me around, buying or otherwise hoarding miles just doesn't pay off like it used to do so -- especially given how bad premium cabin award availability/pricing has gotten in the industry. It certainly isn't helping Avianca/Lifemies with getting as much money out of me as they used to get.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
With so many good regular paid business class deals around to get me around, buying or otherwise hoarding miles just doesn't pay off like it used to do so -- especially given how bad premium cabin award availability/pricing has gotten in the industry. It certainly isn't helping Avianca/Lifemies with getting as much money out of me as they used to get.
Spot on! ^
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Add the elimination of LH F on many routes, it's not looking good for Avianca/Lifemiles.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:24 am

Programs: Jet Privilege
I missed my chance of buying LifeMiles earlier this month, any idea when LifeMiles would return with their offer again?

Would September/October be a good guess?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.