Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by LH630
Well, these are pretty much all 'tricks' I know about. I was just wondering if I knew about 10% or 50% or 90% of the tricks available to get an estimate on how many tricks I don't know about if you understand.

There are at least three tricks that I don't know about that are written in this thread.

First that guy who wrote C1 to C2 in F for 35k miles and then also something called the Saudi trick and then the gummybear trick whatever that is.
You can find gummybear and chainsaw on the blogs / net.
As for Saudi, it will be easy to understand, once you know how "advanced routing" works.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:30 am

Ok, so35k c1-c2 no lh is phantom and not bookable?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Ok, so35k c1-c2 no lh is phantom and not bookable?
Don't know as for the others, but I couldnt get to enter my CC infos ...
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
Don't know as for the others, but I couldnt get to enter my CC infos ...
sounds good... nothing new then
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:00 pm

Can someone educate me:
If I can see something but cannot get to the CC info to book it, then I call this "phantom availability"?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
Can someone educate me:
If I can see something but cannot get to the CC info to book it, then I call this "phantom availability"?
yes
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:33 pm

Anybody seeing availability on the C3 to C1? C3 to our favorite Southwestern State?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Let me get this right?

Chainsaw = Irish pub to statue of liberty and back to oktoberfest (for example)?
Gummybear = C1 to misplaced airport in C3?

And does these trick below have any name?
1. C3 via oktoberfest to C3 for "C3 miles". Works in C and F.
2. C2 to C2 via LG/Samsung.

These are the 3 tricks I know about. How many more are there?

Many of the tricks shows phantom though which is quite sad.
Sorry, There was problem while processing your transaction.
I'll start the other way round: you already know more than most here. It is easy to find all the rest if you think about the principles behind your finds and apply some of the basic stuff you read here.

How do I know? Well, half a year ago I did know exactly one routing. I found all the rest by thinking and working. Diligently analysing the Lifemiles webpage and the Staralliance routemap, not by trying to understand the codes. Some by swapping with others, but first I had a pretty long list myself already.

The codes are for later. They become clear once you find the weak points in Lifemiles. You don't need codes to find the routes. You only need them as a shorthand to talk about them with others afficionados later on.

And finally, about the phantom availability. I have been posting quite a bit recently about availability and filters and C1 hub route replacement courtesy of Avianca. There currently is a bug in the system, for sure. Try to find a flight from the US to Hawaii for instance. Any flight. Or one between EWR and IAH.

Whether this will get repaired, whether that will improve the situation or make it even worse, we don't know. But it creates a lot of nervosity here, that's why sharing is currently very reduced.

My 5 cents

Last edited by WolfvanWeen; Apr 21, 2014 at 2:04 pm Reason: was too trigger-happy, hadn't actually commented yet :)
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:00 pm

Can somebody offer a little hint on C1-C2 35k? Is it same kind of 'problem' like the chainsaw deal?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Can somebody offer a little hint on C1-C2 35k? Is it same kind of 'problem' like the chainsaw deal?
Two separate problems: with the chainsaw you don't see any availability (in the current situation). With ulus' new find you see availability, but can't book it.

End result the same: doesn't work
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Two separate problems: with the chainsaw you don't see any availability (in the current situation). With ulus' new find you see availability, but can't book it.

End result the same: doesn't work
I know they can't be booked. I don't even want to book at this moment. Just curiousity from my side.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AV,ST,OW Gold, Marriott Gold
I booked a very "normal" redemption last night. It took me more than an hour. I had to change dates 3 times. Every time I saw availability and then entered my cc details I had the error message window. When starting again the dates were no longer available and had to switch to another date. This happened like 3 times until finally got through.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:32 pm

I booked the gummy bear (last week) but instead of going for sushi (like I did the first time) this time around I met Hello Kitty
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:52 pm

From US?
Is it legal...?

Originally Posted by imverge
I booked the gummy bear (last week) but instead of going for sushi (like I did the first time) this time around I met Hello Kitty
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by hansboy
From US?
Is it legal...?
I booked from Toronto.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.