Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Lifemiles. I wouldn't be surprised if they pay the operating carrier on a per flown segment basis with the rate for each segment contractually-established based on distance and class of service under the bilateral or group pricing scheme to which the airline/partners are contracted.
sure it works like that ! Them have PRORATA per segment. Long time ago, when we traveled with papertix this was a real pain for them, to exchange the coupons in clearinghouse, but now with etix it's so easy to make the bookkeeping for them.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
Are you serious?! That would change EVERYTHING.
Yea, perhaps it was my lucky day but they told me that I was within the fare rules
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by edwardhewett
Yea, perhaps it was my lucky day but they told me that I was within the fare rules
Has anyone else tried this?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by zagy
Yes I did this last year when we couldn't get on a very long last segment from FRA to DFW... But I had a very good story.

PS I did it for luggage reasons.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Has anyone else seen the "Note that your itinerary has two or more connecting flights. If you agree press continue" warning before, because I haven't.
I'm afraid they're tinkering again!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Even better, I was on a TG/LH F from BKK via FRA to ALIBABA and could not use the last leg.
Bevore I had an tix-issuing problem and mailed them. No answer until I already was 2 days back in FRA. I got an email response from LM
Sorry we reply with delay, but we see the problem was solved by our phoneagent......... by the way we also see you could not use the last sector of your trip. We would like to inform you, that we can reissue this sector within the ticket vality ( 360 days ) for a 150 $ changefee !!!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My concern is how do you keep track of all your bookings prior to departure, that is with time changes of your flights and Lifemiles not automatically re-issuing your ticket, unless you check daily if your flights have changed timings.

We have the following flights:

LHR-MALAGA
MAD-FRA
FRA-BKK
BKK-DPS
KUL-IST-FRA-VIE
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Has anyone else seen the "Note that your itinerary has two or more connecting flights. If you agree press continue" warning before, because I haven't.
Newb

It is okay, they always warned on 2+ connecting flights.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Yep... This is OK... had it with two of my bookings so far.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Newb

It is okay, they always warned on 2+ connecting flights.
Lol

It is mostly because pretty much every non-FTer I've ever met hates making more than one connection, even when they want to do something obscure like MKE-MLE. Then they wonder why they can "never" use their award miles .
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:35 am

Hi. I've been lurking on this particular thread a little bit and I'm sorry I have to ask but:
What's all these codes you guys are using? Gummies? Galub Jamun?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by discoseal
Hi. I've been lurking on this particular thread a little bit and I'm sorry I have to ask but:
What's all these codes you guys are using? Gummies? Galub Jamun?
Go a few pages back. Look on the web You can find loads of stuff that has been published and that is still working.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It is mostly because pretty much every non-FTer I've ever met hates making more than one connection, even when they want to do something obscure like MKE-MLE. Then they wonder why they can "never" use their award miles .
LMAO
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:31 am

Yes, if you read my post way earlier in this thread I believe I was the first to "accomplish" this

Many were waiting to see if I could get away with it...
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 am

Hi there,

First post here so please go easy on me

Just got back from my first LM redemption trip to SIN using the Saudi trick.

Really hoping that somebody could help me out with C2 to C1 routings?

Thanks in advance for any help !!!

Saudi? This is new to me, can anybody share a PM?

Last edited by spangenberg; Apr 19, 2014 at 2:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.