Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Rusell
Hi All,

I'm looking for C6 - C3 in J for late May. Could you please PM me if anyone knows of any tricks.
Could you specify C3?
I know 1 Working destination. The other one is in C1.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by WillyP
I have a routing question and would appreciate the help of one of the LM gurus here, but I can't think of a good way to code it to not give away a trick. Anyone care to PM me and assist?
What do you need willyP
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
What do you need willyP
Thanks Shanye, I think I got it figured out. Planning a trip to the miszoned Iowa airport, and just wanted to make sure this route was flyable all the way through.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
Could you specify C3?
I know 1 Working destination. The other one is in C1.
SGN
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:49 am

Can we maybe get a list or something going that roughly describes how many miscoded airports we have on each continent? Not to search, but to know if we have everything.

Or is that too good for Avianca?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Can we maybe get a list or something going that roughly describes how many miscoded airports we have on each continent? Not to search, but to know if we have everything.

Or is that too good for Avianca?
There's another frequent flyer forum that maintains a spreadsheet with this. Access is restricted, though, and I'm not inclined to get enough posts over there to get access myself.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
There's another frequent flyer forum that maintains a spreadsheet with this. Access is restricted, though, and I'm not inclined to get enough posts over there to get access myself.
Then let's start a list on our own? I got like 10 miscoded cities. But I just got a tip from someone else that thats not all.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:51 am

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Then let's start a list on our own? I got like 10 miscoded cities. But I just got a tip from someone else that thats not all.
Miscoded cities are difficult to find nowadays, because you need availability to see prices and thus coding.

What I can tell you is that the vast majority are in C3 or C6. And again, the vast majority is miscoded between those two continents.

C1 and C2 miscodes: very very few.

C4 and (usable) C5 miscodes: not existing.

Last edited by WolfvanWeen; Apr 14, 2014 at 3:52 am Reason: correction for exactness
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
'Maintains' is a bit generous. It was put together many months ago and hasn't been touched or probably looked at since. There's nothing on it that would surprise or interest anyone here.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
Miscoded cities are difficult to find nowadays, because you need availability to see prices and thus coding.

What I can tell you is that the vast majority are in C3 or C6. And again, the vast majority is miscoded between those two continents.

C1 and C2 miscodes: very very few.

C4 and (usable) C5 miscodes: not existing.
Codes as:

C6: 2
C3: 1
C1: 3
C2: 1

I see a lot of potential in HC flights though.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:54 am

Codes as:

C6: 2
C3: 1
C1: 3
C2: 1

I see a lot of potential in HC flights though.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "Codes as" and "HC flights".
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:19 am

Not sure I understand what you mean by "Codes as" and "HC flights".
Codes as means that this place codes as eg. C1. So whereever this place is in the world, you can fly from C1 to this place for the cost of C1-C1.

HC = ....

edit: sorry, too obvious for externals.

Last edited by FlyingLasse; Apr 14, 2014 at 5:23 am Reason: too obvious to find out.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:40 am

Codes as means that this place codes as eg. C1. So whereever this place is in the world, you can fly from C1 to this place for the cost of C1-C1.

HC = ....

edit: sorry, too obvious for externals.
don't think it's too obvious for outsiders, but yes I agree.
Only that given the recent changes, if origin, destination or HC are in C1 even that doesn't work anymore.
As for your "codes as", double digit numbers for C3 and C6.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:46 am

don't think it's too obvious for outsiders, but yes I agree.
Only that given the recent changes, if origin, destination or HC are in C1 even that doesn't work anymore.
As for your "codes as", double digit numbers for C3 and C6.
Oh, I just had a look at HC routes. C6 has a lot of them in C, in C1 I have minimum a duzen routes that work as F, C3 also quite some.
edit: Actually just made a few searches a few hours back. There are some that have availability every day.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:25 am

Oh, I just had a look at HC routes. C6 has a lot of them in C, in C1 I have minimum a duzen routes that work as F, C3 also quite some.
edit: Actually just made a few searches a few hours back. There are some that have availability every day.
Just see that they seem to have changed something again. Certain TATL routes that had no availability at all a few days ago work again...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.