Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:33 am

Any experience getting this credit at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio? It's listed as a resort property and includes resort fees, so I would assume the credit will be available.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Goatcheese
Any experience getting this credit at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio? It's listed as a resort property and includes resort fees, so I would assume the credit will be available.
Yes....checkout this data point. Post # 831

Good Luck.

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Yes....checkout this data point. Post # 831

Good Luck.

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]
Thank you!
Old Feb 18, 2024, 3:47 pm

This is probably targeted, but I got a Hilton resort Amex offer, and was happily surprised when I could add it to my Aspire card.

Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Hilton properties in the US, Mexico, Canada, Caribbean, Belize, Peru, Honduras, & French Polynesia from 2/16/2024 to 5/15/2024.

http://americanexpress.com/hiltonresortsamexoffer

Gift cards are excluded, but I have an upcoming stay in May and July and may call the property if I can purchase a resort gift certificate and/or prepay for a stay.
Obviously, this offer works best with the Aspire and is even better if you have resort credits to use.

Make sure to check the above link to see a list of participating resorts.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Feb 18, 2024 at 8:10 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 2:03 am

DP: Had dinner at the Humuhmu restaurant at Grand Wailea without staying there. Got the credit anyways.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by xudongsun
DP: Had dinner at the Humuhmu restaurant at Grand Wailea without staying there. Got the credit anyways.
how was Humuhumu? I have a 4 night discounted stay with HGV and was planning on using my $200 credit here with my girlfriend. Google reviews are pretty mixed. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:10 pm

Nice ambience/decor/service. Food was just above average. We spent $350 for one starter, two main, three drinks, and a dessert.

I'd say if you need to spend the $200 credit then go for it. Otherwise there are better options.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 8:55 pm

Would the $200 resort credit stack with the $100 property credit for a 2-night stay at a Waldorf Astoria or Conrad?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:27 pm

Yes. Although to get the $100 credit at WA/Conrad you will need to book with cash through a special link or call.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Spend over $200 in ancillary charges for a 4 night stay on points at HHV Mid Feb. Food, beach chair rental, etc. $200 resort credit posted 8 days after check out.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 3:24 am

$600 booking every 18 months...

I can't be the first person to think of this, but I suppose one could make a reservation now for early 2025, arrange with the property to make a prepayment, arrange with them to make another one in late 2024, and then complete the stay in the first half of 2025, for $600 in credits applied to one stay. The dates would have to be pretty firm unless one wanted to negotiate date and folio changes with the property.

This occured to me tonight as I completed a cheaper-than-expected meal at the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa, potentially leaving $25 on the table, with no plans for a resort stay later this year, but then realizing I could perhaps use the remainder as far ahead as early next year... Though I wouldn't sweat missing out on $25!

Seth
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:19 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by sethweinstein
I can't be the first person to think of this, but I suppose one could make a reservation now for early 2025, arrange with the property to make a prepayment, arrange with them to make another one in late 2024, and then complete the stay in the first half of 2025, for $600 in credits applied to one stay. The dates would have to be pretty firm unless one wanted to negotiate date and folio changes with the property.

This occured to me tonight as I completed a cheaper-than-expected meal at the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa, potentially leaving $25 on the table, with no plans for a resort stay later this year, but then realizing I could perhaps use the remainder as far ahead as early next year... Though I wouldn't sweat missing out on $25!

Seth
Your presumption is that hotels will be willing to play along with this and accept your partial payments starting more than a year in advance in installments.
diesteldorf likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sethweinstein

Seth
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Your presumption is that hotels will be willing to play along with this and accept your partial payments starting more than a year in advance in installments.
100% agree with Adam. I see this being a huge PITA for the property with very little upside. If your dates changes, rates dropped, or the resort changes ownership/deflags this could create a mess.

You're better off asking/emailing someone in charge if their resort sells GIFT CERTIFICATES (NOT HILTON GIFT CARDS) for their specific resort. They may even be willing to work with you on this, since they know you will be spending money with them in the future.

There is a $200 off $1000 targeted Amex offer for Hilton resorts that expires May 15.
I contacted my preferred resort and told them I wanted to buy $1000 in gift certificates. They sent me one pre-authorization for $1K which I completed.
The only "issue" was their reluctance to send them through the mail, in case they got lost.
I sent them a prepaid UPS label with tracking and told then in writing that I would accept full responsibility.

I got the gift certificates and the $200.00 Amex offer. I'm happy and they're happy.

Your idea is a good one but there are too many variables that could happen when going that far in advance.
SPN Lifer and flyer4512 like this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Feb 29, 2024 at 1:03 pm
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
100% agree with Adam. I see this being a huge PITA for the property with very little upside. If your dates changes, rates dropped, or the resort changes ownership/deflags this could create a mess.
Good points, thanks. Yes, maybe annoying for the hotel, though it could all be squeezed into just over 6 months (prepay in late June and December for a checkout in January), which is shorter than some people were doing when it was an annual credit. Agreed, one would have to be firm on the dates and the rates.

Seth
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
8 days after the "Date processed" (which was one day after checkout), the credit automatically posted for our stay at the Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.