Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Old May 27, 2024, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
That's a great plan and would only be an issue if your dates unexpectedly changed or you had to cancel your trip. If that happened, hopefully the resort would work with you to give you credits for a future stay.

I've had no issues making prepayments at the HILTON OAKBROOK CHICAGO RESORT AND CONFERENCE CENTER. Each time, I email or call in advance and they will email me a credit authorization form prior to charging my account.

They also sell resort gift certificates that I'll purchase when I don't have a specific stay mind.

What is the resort name in Texas? If you were only able to write or speak to the operations manager and explain your reason for prepayment, it may help assuage their concerns. Good luck.
​​​​​​

​​​​​
​​​​​
Good data points! I tried the Galveston (Houston area) Hilton Resort and the Hilton Anatole in Dallas. I called and talked to both managers. Their loss because I ended up cancelling those stays. I don't understand some people. Unless I just sound shady and that would be fair of them.
Old May 27, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Wiggums
I booked Hilton Swinoujscie in June and Waldorf Astoria Versailles in July.. with the intention of taking advantage of the credits.. then I saw that Waldorf Astoria's price was lowered by 120 so I took it, not realising it was a pre-paid rate and I already paid it and am now seeing a $200 credit.

Do I have a shot at undoing the damage?
No, but will you have $200 in incidentals at the WA in July to use up the second half year credit like that?
Old May 27, 2024, 8:15 pm

That's a great plan and would only be an issue if your dates unexpectedly changed or you had to cancel your trip. If that happened, hopefully the resort would work with you to give you credits for a future stay.

I've had no issues making prepayments at the HILTON OAKBROOK CHICAGO RESORT AND CONFERENCE CENTER. Each time, I email or call in advance and they will email me a credit authorization form prior to charging my account.

They also sell resort gift certificates that I'll purchase when I don't have a specific stay mind.

What is the resort name in Texas? If you were only able to write or speak to the operations manager and explain your reason for prepayment, it may help assuage their concerns. Good luck.
​​​​​​

​​​​​
Ohh! I live close to that Oakbrook Hilton Resort. Used the $200 credit last time at that resort. So do the resort gift certificates at the resort count towards the $200 credit? Can you only use at that resort or any Hilton resort?
Old May 27, 2024, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jazzneel
Ohh! I live close to that Oakbrook Hilton Resort. Used the $200 credit last time at that resort. So do the resort gift certificates at the resort count towards the $200 credit? Can you only use at that resort or any Hilton resort?
If you click on this previous post, you can see a picture of one of their gift certificates: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35943174-post39.html

The certificate is only good at the CHICAGO/OAKBROOK HILLS RESORT AND CONFERENCE CENTER and is good for 1 year from the date of issue. I redeemed this one a few days ago. I presented it at the front desk upon check in and they put a $250 credit on my folio. I also requested a printout in case I needed proof upon checkout that I had redeemed a gift certificate.

They gave me a printout showing the credit and everything was fine at checkout. You won't get any credit back so if you purchase a $200 gift certificate and only use $175.00 you won't get $25 to use on another stay. However, you can specify the denominations and ask for 2 x $100 or 4 x $50 if you really want to.

They don't like to mail them and prefer that you purchase in person. It may take them some time to print and sign them so I would call or email in advance. There was a Amex offer a few months ago to get $200 back on $1000+ spent at select Hilton resorts. They sent me a credit card preauthorization form and I completed for $1000.00 Anytime I've made any prepayments or purchased resort certificates, the charge always posts as HILTON CHICAGO OAKBROOK and triggers the Aspire resort credit.

I asked them if they would make an exception and mail them since I don't live that close. They didn't want to since they were concerned they would get lost in the mail but acquiesced when I emailed them a prepaid UPS label.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 9:17 pm

If you click on this previous post, you can see a picture of one of their gift certificates: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35943174-post39.html

The certificate is only good at the CHICAGO/OAKBROOK HILLS RESORT AND CONFERENCE CENTER and is good for 1 year from the date of issue. I redeemed this one a few days ago. I presented it at the front desk upon check in and they put a $250 credit on my folio. I also requested a printout in case I needed proof upon checkout that I had redeemed a gift certificate.

They gave me a printout showing the credit and everything was fine at checkout. You won't get any credit back so if you purchase a $200 gift certificate and only use $175.00 you won't get $25 to use on another stay. However, you can specify the denominations and ask for 2 x $100 or 4 x $50 if you really want to.

They don't like to mail them and prefer that you purchase in person. It may take them some time to print and sign them so I would call or email in advance. There was a Amex offer a few months ago to get $200 back on $1000+ spent at select Hilton resorts. They sent me a credit card preauthorization form and I completed for $1000.00 Anytime I've made any prepayments or purchased resort certificates, the charge always posts as HILTON CHICAGO OAKBROOK and triggers the Aspire resort credit.

I asked them if they would make an exception and mail them since I don't live that close. They didn't want to since they were concerned they would get lost in the mail but acquiesced when I emailed them a prepaid UPS label.
Hope this helps. Good Luck.
this is awesome, thank you!
Old May 27, 2024, 9:26 pm

I'm looking to stay at a Waldorf Astoria in Orlando, backup plan Signia by Hilton (attached to the Waldorf) next year mainly for their swimming pool. So if I book my FNCs, that don't expire til mid April 2025, for a couple nights early April 2025, could I prepay room incidentals with my Hilton Aspires before July 1st, after July 1st, and before my stay in April 2025? Then I just charge $2k+ worth of prepaid incidentals to my room?
Old May 27, 2024, 9:35 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by friedablass
No, but will you have $200 in incidentals at the WA in July to use up the second half year credit like that?
Gordon Ramsay has a restaurant there, will see... thanks!
Old May 27, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by DasApache47
I'm looking to stay at a Waldorf Astoria in Orlando, backup plan Signia by Hilton (attached to the Waldorf) next year mainly for their swimming pool. So if I book my FNCs, that don't expire til mid April 2025, for a couple nights early April 2025, could I prepay room incidentals with my Hilton Aspires before July 1st, after July 1st, and before my stay in April 2025? Then I just charge $2k+ worth of prepaid incidentals to my room?
Yes you can do that but I would skip the last prepayment and just do the third round at arrival at hotel for the 2025 first half credit, however you can do whichever way works better for you.
DasApache47 likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by DasApache47
Your plan will work out perfectly! I would definitely prepay the last round of payments so you don't run into them billing your 1 card before checkout like you experienced in the past. The Waldorf and Signia have a central billing system since they are located next to each other on the same property. Anything you spend on the Signia side can be billed to your Waldorf room and vice versa. Between the 2 resorts, there are 12+ dining options and you can use both properties amenities (pool/lazyriver). Hope this helps, and happy vacationing!
DasApache47 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 3:51 am

Timing of Credits

I'm scrambling to use the first half of the resort credits before the end of June. Does the charges have to be posted before 6/30 to count as the first half of the credits? I know that the terms state it can take 8-12 weeks for the credits post.

For example, if my stay ends on 6/20 and the resort charges me on that date, it's possible that the credits don't post to my account until after 6/30. In that situation, would I be using the first $200 credits or the second $200 credits?
Old Jun 11, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by BarbatosRex
I'm scrambling to use the first half of the resort credits before the end of June. Does the charges have to be posted before 6/30 to count as the first half of the credits? I know that the terms state it can take 8-12 weeks for the credits post.

For example, if my stay ends on 6/20 and the resort charges me on that date, it's possible that the credits don't post to my account until after 6/30. In that situation, would I be using the first $200 credits or the second $200 credits?
The date of the charge, not when it posts, matters.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I finally wound up with an organic use for this credit, and the semi annual nature of the credit benefited me, at least this one time. ms. krazykanuck is in the wedding party for a friend later this year and as luck would happen, the reception and block rate is at a Hilton "resort". With a room rate of $189/nt, the first night charged as a refundable deposit at booking took care of H1, the second night will take care of H2. I imagine the F&B credit as a Diamond, as well as my Q4 Surpass $50 will be consumed by drinks/food. The $200 credit posted only 3 days after the hotel charge.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I finally wound up with an organic use for this credit, and the semi annual nature of the credit benefited me, at least this one time. ms. krazykanuck is in the wedding party for a friend later this year and as luck would happen, the reception and block rate is at a Hilton "resort". With a room rate of $189/nt, the first night charged as a refundable deposit at booking took care of H1, the second night will take care of H2. I imagine the F&B credit as a Diamond, as well as my Q4 Surpass $50 will be consumed by drinks/food. The $200 credit posted only 3 days after the hotel charge.
Not trying to get too personal, but you're obviously a points and miles enthusiast, as are most that frequent this form. Have you had the opportunity or desire to share this tip with anyone else in the wedding party?

I understand that some people may feel it isn't worth a new credit application but others may be completely unaware of this "opportunity" and may aso be in the points and miles game. It could be worth it for someone, even if they were going to downgrade to the no-fee card or cancel after a year.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Not trying to get too personal, but you're obviously a points and miles enthusiast, as are most that frequent this form. Have you had the opportunity or desire to share this tip with anyone else in the wedding party?
Hadn't really thought about it; I find trying to explain this kind of stuff typically falls on deaf ears though so not really something high on my list to do, but might do if it came up naturally in conversation.
italdesign and Uchida like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.