Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:34 pm
  #1  
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 49,019
Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

The previous ($250) benefit was discussed here: Hilton Aspire $250 Resort Credit [Consolidated]

Let me know If you still have something to report about the $250 benefit, and I can temporarily reopen the other thread.

Last edited by mia; Jan 5, 2024 at 8:41 pm
mia is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:33 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Posts: 5,184
Maybe first (pending) DP for $200 credit for year 2024. Made a reservation at Trop Las Vegas (its a 'resort' though I know a dump) and like all Vegas hotels it requires a deposit of one night. The deposit took a couple of days to show up on my Aspire (and didn't include the resort fee up front as it should) as TROPICANA LAS VEGAS - A DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL and as of 1/.6 still pending reimbursement, which is still on par since my past experience with these reimbursements is it took about a week to show (and I know its slower in January, often).

We'll see -- I would never stay at this particular place if it wasn't for Hilton paying for it, so that's why waiting to see the credit posts. Not a non refundable rate or anything like that; just every rate at this hotel requires a deposit (silly). So it's not worth it for me if I have to pay the deposit out of pocket, either.
mster and MaxVO like this.
pitflyer is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:30 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rochester, MN
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Posts: 1,830
Good luck trying to figure out what is a qualifying 'resort' and what isnt. No, the web filter is not accurate.
Hawkeyefan is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:35 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Posts: 619
I booked the Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas on 1/2, they took a 1 night depost and I'm waiting for the $200 credit.

Posted as: RWLV HOTEL FRONT DESLAS VEGAS NV
RedPanda5 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:26 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 794
Am I thinking right booking fhr at Rome waldorf, $100fhr plus 200 amex for massage split the bill and I'm good to go?
Ijones027 is online now  
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:02 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 7,388
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Good luck trying to figure out what is a qualifying 'resort' and what isnt. No, the web filter is not accurate.
As mentioned in other threads where you've made this post, you are referring to an experience that a Hilton Chat Agent told you a hotel is a resort even though it is not listed as one, since you think all properties with resort fees should be resorts for these purposes. It is more likely that the Hilton chat agent misunderstood your question and is incorrect, since Hilton does not administer the Aspire benefit.
Adam1222 is online now  
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:44 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Posts: 5,184
While there are some properties that are on this list that don't apply the credit, filtering on the 'Resort' as an amenity at hilton.com usually works. This is the direct link (hopefully works) from hilton.com/resort (half way down the page) which filters on it:

https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/...gleLink,i81646

It has nothing to do with resort fees, though most resorts on this list do, some don't, and some places that charge resort fees are not resorts for the purpose of this credit.
P Martin likes this.
pitflyer is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:57 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rochester, MN
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Posts: 1,830
Originally Posted by Adam1222
As mentioned in other threads where you've made this post, you are referring to an experience that a Hilton Chat Agent told you a hotel is a resort even though it is not listed as one, since you think all properties with resort fees should be resorts for these purposes. It is more likely that the Hilton chat agent misunderstood your question and is incorrect, since Hilton does not administer the Aspire benefit.
He didnt misunderstand me, he was well aware of the Amex Aspire credit as per my dialogue with him. May he have have lied, perhaps.
Hawkeyefan is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:29 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 7,388
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
He didnt misunderstand me, he was well aware of the Amex Aspire credit as per my dialogue with him. May he have have lied, perhaps.
Good luck to you. It would be unwise to assume from your interactions however that there is a secret list of resorts. Please do come back after your stay and advise us what happened.
Adam1222 is online now  
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:46 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: $9 Fare Club
Posts: 1,497
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Maybe first (pending) DP for $200 credit for year 2024. Made a reservation at Trop Las Vegas (its a 'resort' though I know a dump) and like all Vegas hotels it requires a deposit of one night. The deposit took a couple of days to show up on my Aspire (and didn't include the resort fee up front as it should) as TROPICANA LAS VEGAS - A DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL and as of 1/.6 still pending reimbursement, which is still on par since my past experience with these reimbursements is it took about a week to show (and I know its slower in January, often).

We'll see -- I would never stay at this particular place if it wasn't for Hilton paying for it, so that's why waiting to see the credit posts. Not a non refundable rate or anything like that; just every rate at this hotel requires a deposit (silly). So it's not worth it for me if I have to pay the deposit out of pocket, either.
I though the Trop was leaving Hilton/getting razed?
ChurnieEls is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:37 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Pittsburgh
Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Posts: 5,184
The Trop will be, just not this month (I hope). The older thread showed some Trop reimbursement DPs in December, and it seems like most take around 9-10 days to post, so hopeful my deposit (which did NOT include the resort fee for some reason) will credit here soon.
SPN Lifer likes this.
pitflyer is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:56 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Posts: 619
Originally Posted by RedPanda5
I booked the Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas on 1/2, they took a 1 night depost and I'm waiting for the $200 credit.

Posted as: RWLV HOTEL FRONT DESLAS VEGAS NV
Just got in on my account, took 8 calendar days:

Gar1P likes this.
RedPanda5 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:09 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 3,771
There was a post in the old thread:

Originally Posted by timo469
I had a stay at a Resort on December 30th. The posting date is December 30th, but Amex is stating that the final entry in their system is January 1st and thus not eligible for the $250 - 2023 credit....

My request has been denied. Strongly advise against using this benefit within the last week of the period.
Interestingly, I had a checkout on 12/31/23. The resort credit just posted, and no meter movement for the 2024 credit, so I assume it used the 2023 credit. I hope you have the same automated result, despite what Amex agents may have said.
diesteldorf likes this.
italdesign is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:26 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,107
Originally Posted by italdesign
There was a post in the old thread:



Interestingly, I had a checkout on 12/31/23. The resort credit just posted, and no meter movement for the 2024 credit, so I assume it used the 2023 credit. I hope you have the same automated result, despite what Amex agents may have said.
Agree....In my experience, Amex always goes by the date the charge was initiated.
I also have the Amex Gold and have utilized the $10 food credit on the last day of the month and have always gotten credit for that month, even though the charge is still pending and won't post until the following month. Good Luck.
diesteldorf is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:01 am
  #15  
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 49,019
Originally Posted by italdesign
... resort credit just posted, and no meter movement for the 2024 credit, so I assume it used the 2023 credit.....
Was the credit $250 or $200?
mia is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.