Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
In my experience most hotels will not charge guests until checkout is complete, with the exception of some Las Vegas resorts that charge a 1-night deposit, so you could make 2 separate reservations, but, unless the hotel is actually going to charge you on June 30, in the middle of your stay, it won't work.

You're better off making one reservation and then contacting the hotel, by email/phone to make an advanced prepayment on that reservation. Good Luck.
I had some luck after using a free weekend night at the Waldorf in Orlando, last year. I bought my family a meal in the evening and separately ran a tab up the next day at the outdoor bar. At check out I asked the front desk to split the bill for the restaurant from the other incidentals and charge each of my Aspires. I got the $250 credit on both cards. Don't know if it's always this easy, but I recommend giving that a try if you have more than 1 Aspire card. I effectively paid nothing for $800-$1k worth of expenses. Pretty sweet!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:33 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisArnold
.... I effectively paid nothing for $800-$1k worth of expenses.
If you paid the annual fees for those cards I would say you prepaid for credits and redeemed the prepaid credits to offset the expenses.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you paid the annual fees for those cards I would say you prepaid for credits and redeemed the prepaid credits to offset the expenses.
I did not pay annual fees on them.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ChrisArnold (Post # 46)
At check out I asked the front desk to split the bill for the restaurant from the other incidentals and charge each of my Aspires. I got the $250 credit on both cards. Don't know if it's always this easy, but I recommend giving that a try if you have more than 1 Aspire card. I effectively paid nothing for $800-$1k worth of expenses. Pretty sweet! [Emphasis added.]
Originally Posted by mia (Post # 47)
Originally Posted by ChrisArnold (Post # 48)
I did not pay annual fees on them.
How did you get two Hilton Aspire AmEx cards without annual fees?
friedablass likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
How did you get two Hilton Aspire AmEx cards without annual fees?
probably active duty military
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:47 pm

Checked out of Resort World Las Vegas Crockford. No room charges as I was on points, but $270 in total charges over 3 times. Credit hasn't posted (4 days after)
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:20 am

It should, but it all depends if the charge comes from Hilton or the actual resort.

Obviously the latter is necessary to get the credit.
I don't think I've ever booked a hotel the day of, except when using points, so I don't know how the charge is processed.
If your actually contemplating doing this today, you may be able to make the reservation at the front desk.

I'm sorry I can't provide more difinitive information.
I booked it at the front desk, same rate as online. Now waiting for credit to post.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by satellite779
I booked it at the front desk, same rate as online. Now waiting for credit to post.
Glad you got it booked. Please provide an update when the credit posts. Mine have taken 8-10 days after checkout.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:02 pm

sorry catching up on resort credit.. so there is no minimum number of days I need to stay? I can stay 1 night in a resort and charge it on my Aspire to get the credit?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
sorry catching up on resort credit.. so there is no minimum number of days I need to stay? I can stay 1 night in a resort and charge it on my Aspire to get the credit?
Correct
SPN Lifer, MNSWEEps and Adam1222 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't think I've ever booked a hotel the day of, except when using points, so I don't know how the charge is processed.
It's charged at the hotel. Date of booking makes no difference.
diesteldorf and satellite779 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:15 am

Booked HILTON SAN DIEGO/DEL MAR for a single night on 1/27 for the same day (just needed a place to sleep). Booked at the reception for the same price as online.

Charges posted 1/28.

Hilton resort credit posted today (2/7) with yesterday's date (2/6). So, 10 days from checkout to actually get the credit.

Last edited by satellite779; Feb 7, 2024 at 11:37 am
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:37 pm

Just wanted to post a data point.
I stayed at the Hilton Oak Brook Hills Chicago a couple weeks ago. In addition to a $250 prepayment last year, to use one final $250.00 credit, I also charged $350.00 to 2 of 3 Aspires for the current stay.
Thanks for the data point. This sounds like it is easy to split tender across two Aspire cards - we are staying at a nice resort in Arizona (on points) in March and it will be nice to use the full $400 in one shot. Just catch them before checkout and ask them to put $200 on one card and then charge the rest on the card on record?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spedinfargo
Thanks for the data point. This sounds like it is easy to split tender across two Aspire cards - we are staying at a nice resort in Arizona (on points) in March and it will be nice to use the full $400 in one shot. Just catch them before checkout and ask them to put $200 on one card and then charge the rest on the card on record?
100% correct. It may be a little inconvenient, because it'll require a stop at the front desk, but they should be perfectly willing and able to use multiple credit cards.
During my last stay, I had to leave early due to inclement weather, tried to split payment, but was told their systems were in the middle of updating, so I called a couple hours later and verbally gave them the credit card numbers and amounts over the phone. It worked, but it would've been much easier to take care of it at the front desk before departure.
Have a good trip and Good Luck.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Feb 9, 2024 at 8:26 am
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:09 pm

Las Vegas Hilton at Resort World

1/30/24 - $150 deposit fee
2/7/24 - $150 reimbursement

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.