Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:34 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

The previous ($250) benefit was discussed here: Hilton Aspire $250 Resort Credit [Consolidated]

Let me know If you still have something to report about the $250 benefit, and I can temporarily reopen the other thread.

Last edited by mia; Jan 5, 2024 at 8:41 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:33 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Maybe first (pending) DP for $200 credit for year 2024. Made a reservation at Trop Las Vegas (its a 'resort' though I know a dump) and like all Vegas hotels it requires a deposit of one night. The deposit took a couple of days to show up on my Aspire (and didn't include the resort fee up front as it should) as TROPICANA LAS VEGAS - A DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL and as of 1/.6 still pending reimbursement, which is still on par since my past experience with these reimbursements is it took about a week to show (and I know its slower in January, often).

We'll see -- I would never stay at this particular place if it wasn't for Hilton paying for it, so that's why waiting to see the credit posts. Not a non refundable rate or anything like that; just every rate at this hotel requires a deposit (silly). So it's not worth it for me if I have to pay the deposit out of pocket, either.
mster and MaxVO like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Good luck trying to figure out what is a qualifying 'resort' and what isnt. No, the web filter is not accurate.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
I booked the Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas on 1/2, they took a 1 night depost and I'm waiting for the $200 credit.

Posted as: RWLV HOTEL FRONT DESLAS VEGAS NV
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:26 am

Am I thinking right booking fhr at Rome waldorf, $100fhr plus 200 amex for massage split the bill and I'm good to go?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Good luck trying to figure out what is a qualifying 'resort' and what isnt. No, the web filter is not accurate.
As mentioned in other threads where you've made this post, you are referring to an experience that a Hilton Chat Agent told you a hotel is a resort even though it is not listed as one, since you think all properties with resort fees should be resorts for these purposes. It is more likely that the Hilton chat agent misunderstood your question and is incorrect, since Hilton does not administer the Aspire benefit.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:44 am

While there are some properties that are on this list that don't apply the credit, filtering on the 'Resort' as an amenity at hilton.com usually works. This is the direct link (hopefully works) from hilton.com/resort (half way down the page) which filters on it:

https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/...gleLink,i81646

It has nothing to do with resort fees, though most resorts on this list do, some don't, and some places that charge resort fees are not resorts for the purpose of this credit.
P Martin likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Adam1222
As mentioned in other threads where you've made this post, you are referring to an experience that a Hilton Chat Agent told you a hotel is a resort even though it is not listed as one, since you think all properties with resort fees should be resorts for these purposes. It is more likely that the Hilton chat agent misunderstood your question and is incorrect, since Hilton does not administer the Aspire benefit.
He didnt misunderstand me, he was well aware of the Amex Aspire credit as per my dialogue with him. May he have have lied, perhaps.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
He didnt misunderstand me, he was well aware of the Amex Aspire credit as per my dialogue with him. May he have have lied, perhaps.
Good luck to you. It would be unwise to assume from your interactions however that there is a secret list of resorts. Please do come back after your stay and advise us what happened.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Maybe first (pending) DP for $200 credit for year 2024. Made a reservation at Trop Las Vegas (its a 'resort' though I know a dump) and like all Vegas hotels it requires a deposit of one night. The deposit took a couple of days to show up on my Aspire (and didn't include the resort fee up front as it should) as TROPICANA LAS VEGAS - A DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL and as of 1/.6 still pending reimbursement, which is still on par since my past experience with these reimbursements is it took about a week to show (and I know its slower in January, often).

We'll see -- I would never stay at this particular place if it wasn't for Hilton paying for it, so that's why waiting to see the credit posts. Not a non refundable rate or anything like that; just every rate at this hotel requires a deposit (silly). So it's not worth it for me if I have to pay the deposit out of pocket, either.
I though the Trop was leaving Hilton/getting razed?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:37 pm

The Trop will be, just not this month (I hope). The older thread showed some Trop reimbursement DPs in December, and it seems like most take around 9-10 days to post, so hopeful my deposit (which did NOT include the resort fee for some reason) will credit here soon.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by RedPanda5
I booked the Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas on 1/2, they took a 1 night depost and I'm waiting for the $200 credit.

Posted as: RWLV HOTEL FRONT DESLAS VEGAS NV
Just got in on my account, took 8 calendar days:

Gar1P likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There was a post in the old thread:

Originally Posted by timo469
I had a stay at a Resort on December 30th. The posting date is December 30th, but Amex is stating that the final entry in their system is January 1st and thus not eligible for the $250 - 2023 credit....

My request has been denied. Strongly advise against using this benefit within the last week of the period.
Interestingly, I had a checkout on 12/31/23. The resort credit just posted, and no meter movement for the 2024 credit, so I assume it used the 2023 credit. I hope you have the same automated result, despite what Amex agents may have said.
diesteldorf likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
There was a post in the old thread:

Interestingly, I had a checkout on 12/31/23. The resort credit just posted, and no meter movement for the 2024 credit, so I assume it used the 2023 credit. I hope you have the same automated result, despite what Amex agents may have said.
Agree....In my experience, Amex always goes by the date the charge was initiated.
I also have the Amex Gold and have utilized the $10 food credit on the last day of the month and have always gotten credit for that month, even though the charge is still pending and won't post until the following month. Good Luck.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:01 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
... resort credit just posted, and no meter movement for the 2024 credit, so I assume it used the 2023 credit.....
Was the credit $250 or $200?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.