Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:50 am
Xun

Thanks, I checked as well but did not see it. That's why I wanna check with folks here. Appreciate it!
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:55 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Xun
it is called LXR hotels and Resorts.
The property is called Hotel 1000. "LXR Hotels & Resorts" is the brand which operates the property. Some of their locations are resorts, but not this one.

Hilton created LXR in 2018 as a soft brand. Soft brands avoid dictating specifications for decor and operations that hard brands (like Hiltons Waldorf-Astoria) do. Yet they let owners enjoy a global hotel companys loyalty program, volume discounts with procurement, and other back-office advantages.
​​​​​​​Source: https://skift.com/2024/03/10/hiltons...luxury-hotels/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:13 pm

Anybody stayed at LXR Honolulu and got credited(prior Trump hotel)? I followed the Amex link and it showed under resort search.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:04 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
the latter. Do it on checkout. Offer one card and have $200 put on it. Have the balance on the other card. I did it Sunday. Easy.
For the first time, I had a hassle splitting the charge at checkout across two Aspires because of the hotel (not Amex). P2 and I have otherwise successfully done this since the card launched.

The hotel automatically charged the entire stay to one credit card before I checked out. I stopped by the front desk to check out and request the split, but they said it wouldn't be possible because they had already charged me.

It took me over 40 minutes to politely convince the front desk agent that they could reverse the single charge and then charge me again across two cards, wait for her to call her supervisor to learn how to do that, and then actually process it.

It all worked out in the end (2x split charges, 2x posted credits), but it was a big hassle and also cost me quite a bit of time. From now on, I'm going to go down to the front desk the day before checkout and ask them to process a charge on P2's card at that time. I haven't had an issue doing this in the past, and it'll hopefully keep this issue from happening again.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:20 pm

Recently visited Quebec City and decided to add one night at Doubletree by Hilton Quebec Resort to burn the credit, plus dinner at Le Dijon, came out to CAD$287, AmEx converted to US$209, full $200 credit applied 4 days after checkout. Even better, was able to use the $75 Uber promo (around CAD$103 at the time) credit from signing up for CLEAR (about CAD$25 each way from Gare du Palais train station)
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by ArthurSFO11
From now on, I'm going to go down to the front desk the day before checkout and ask them to process a charge on P2's card at that time. I haven't had an issue doing this in the past, and it'll hopefully keep this issue from happening again.
My suggestion is to do this at check-in. This is what I do, at the end of the check-in I pull out the deck of Ascends and Aspires, shuffle them, cut, and start dealing. After I lay them all out on the table in front of me Texas hold them style, I start placing my bets, by saying: Put $200 on this one, $200 on this one, $50 on this one, $50 on this one, $50 on this one, and the remaining $ on this one...

gnomie, beachfan, nabeelj and 7 others like this.

Last edited by nk15; Apr 19, 2024 at 12:42 pm
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:42 pm
was ShootinPutin11

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum
Originally Posted by nk15
My suggestion is to do this at check-in. This is what I do, at the end of the check-in I pull out the deck of Ascends and Aspires, shuffle them, cut, and start dealing. After I lay them all out on the table in front of me Texas hold them style, I start placing my bets, by saying: Put $200 on this one, $200 on this one, $50 on this one, $50 on this one, $50 on this one, and the remaining $ on this one...
This made me laugh

I can't even imagine the range of reactions you get from that move, but I approve.
gotravelant, nk15 and Prometheus77 like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:29 pm

Hilton Surfer's Paradise has gift certificates available online. Do you think this will trigger the credit? Not really wanting to spend AU$250 to find out!

Old Apr 25, 2024, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by jontymorgan
Hilton Surfer's Paradise has gift certificates available online. Do you think this will trigger the credit? Not really wanting to spend AU$250 to find out!

If I was in your position, I would consider purchasing the REAL ANATOMY EXHIBITION FOR $5.00 AU and see how that codes.
It is for the same resort, from the same website, and is only $5.00 AU, but it's a gamble either way.
Good Luck,

https://www.idem.events/v/hilton-sur...esidences-6adb
Old May 3, 2024, 11:23 am

At the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. We went to the pool to have drinks while we wait for our room. Had to charge to my Aspire card since no room assignment yet. Would I get reimbursed for those charges for the resort credit or only if it was charged to room?
Old May 3, 2024, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by mochi0172
At the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas. We went to the pool to have drinks while we wait for our room. Had to charge to my Aspire card since no room assignment yet. Would I get reimbursed for those charges for the resort credit or only if it was charged to room?
Depends on who billed the card. if it goes as restaurant, no. If it goes as hotel, yes
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Have there been any other DPs regarding non-US hotel advanced rate being eligible besides Japan?
Old May 14, 2024, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by TheSYDTraveller
Have there been any other DPs regarding non-US hotel advanced rate being eligible besides Japan?
Yes....I remember reading about one in 2018. If I have a chance to locate the post I will.

Typically advanced-purchase non-US hotels process the transaction directly so they'll be eligible for the credit.

EDIT: The post I was thinking about is from a property in Japan: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29514343-post11.html

However, I still think I've come across other examples,
GOOD LUCK.

Last edited by diesteldorf; May 14, 2024 at 9:14 am
Old Yesterday, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by TheSYDTraveller
A few since the pandemic:
Hilton Pattaya,
Hilton Malta,
Rome Cavalieri,
Higueron Hotel Malaga

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.