Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Report Hilton Aspire $200 x 2 RESORT Credit experiences. (Replaces $250 credit)

Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:23 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The terms match Winn746's understanding:

Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with a Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card for the benefit to apply.
Source: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

...but American Express practice often differs from policy. No harm paying with Aspire in you plan to dine there regardless.
SPN Lifer and MaxVO like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Winn746
I am 99.999999999% positive that you must charge your card to a folio at a resort to trigger the credit. Using it at a restaurant or spa won't trigger unless it's billed to your folio.

I haven't heard of anyone successfully receiving the resort credit without a stay.
There are several such reports in the multiple pages of threads. The question is whether the charge is run by the hotels master credit card account. The info translated to Amex when that happens does not specify whether the charge was Associated with a stay.
SPN Lifer and MaxVO like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Experiment: charged a few dollars in the restaurant of DoubleTree Dana Point (a resort) directly to Aspire. Pending charge showed as hotel name (same merchant triggered the credit for room charge) which gave me some hope, but transaction posted as restaurant name and did not trigger credit after 15 days. This underscores the common wisdom above.
SPN Lifer, friedablass and brc01 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:05 pm

Room charge failed to be credited

Hi! I recently stayed at a qualifying Hilton resort, I was hoping to get the resort credit but failed.. I did book the flexible rate on Hilton web, the payment was charged upon I checked out. However, I only got the credit for the dining part, not the room charge.. anything I did wrong by chance? Thanks for all your help and advice in advance
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ttyler
Hi! I recently stayed at a qualifying Hilton resort, I was hoping to get the resort credit but failed.. I did book the flexible rate on Hilton web, the payment was charged upon I checked out. However, I only got the credit for the dining part, not the room charge.. anything I did wrong by chance? Thanks for all your help and advice in advance
Some more details would be helpful. What date did your hotel charge post? Was it one charge (dining and room in the same charge) or more than one charge? What was/were the name on the charge(s) when they posted? When did the credit you received post?
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Uchida
Some more details would be helpful. What date did your hotel charge post? Was it one charge (dining and room in the same charge) or more than one charge? What was/were the name on the charge(s) when they posted? When did the credit you received post?
Thanks for your reply! I just reviewed my bookings, and figured I was mistaken, the dining part credit was for a previous booking. So these are the full details:
  • Trip 1 (points booking)
    • Dec 10 -13: I stayed at a qualifying Hilton resort that I booked with points, checked out on Dec 13 with $60 charge for dining.
    • Dec 13: payment of $60 charge posted.
    • Dec 22: credit posted for the $60 dining! : )
  • Trip 2 (paid booking and hope to receive the resort credit for 2023 H2)
    • Dec 21-22: I stayed at a Conrad, booked the flexible rate on Hilton web. Checked out on Dec 22, and paid with Aspire credit card.
    • Dec 22: total of $390 payment posted (one charge), which is $350 room charge and $40 dining.
    • no any credit received so far : (
  • Trip 3 (paid booking and hope to receive the resort credit for 2024 H1)
    • Jan 3-5: I stayed at a qualifying Hilton resort, booked the flexible rate on Hilton web. Checked out on Jan 5, and paid with Aspire credit card.
    • Jan 5: payment posted (room charge only this time)
Since my first trip used $60 credit, I had $140 remaining resort credit for the rest of the 2023 -- but by far I still haven't seen the resort credit posted yet since Dec 22. Same as my trip 3 that I'm not sure if I will receive the resort credit for 2024 H1.

Thanks for reading my post and helping me on this! and let me know if I can clarify any further questions there!
Old Jan 21, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thanks for your reply! I just reviewed my bookings, and figured I was mistaken, the dining part credit was for a previous booking. So these are the full details:
  • Trip 1 (points booking)
    • Dec 10 -13: I stayed at a qualifying Hilton resort that I booked with points, checked out on Dec 13 with $60 charge for dining.
    • Dec 13: payment of $60 charge posted.
    • Dec 22: credit posted for the $60 dining! : )
  • Trip 2 (paid booking and hope to receive the resort credit for 2023 H2)
    • Dec 21-22: I stayed at a Conrad, booked the flexible rate on Hilton web. Checked out on Dec 22, and paid with Aspire credit card.
    • Dec 22: total of $390 payment posted (one charge), which is $350 room charge and $40 dining.
  • Trip 3 (paid booking and hope to receive the resort credit for 2024 H1)
    • Jan 3-5: I stayed at a qualifying Hilton resort, booked the flexible rate on Hilton web. Checked out on Jan 5, and paid with Aspire credit card.
    • Jan 5: payment posted (room charge only this time)
Since my first trip used $60 credit, I had $140 remaining resort credit for the rest of the 2023 -- but by far I still haven't seen the resort credit posted yet since Dec 22. Same as my trip 3 that I'm not sure if I will receive the resort credit for 2024 H1.

Thanks for reading my post and helping me on this! and let me know if I can clarify any further questions there!
I would chat with Amex on the last two bookings to see why the resort credit hasnt been credited. On the second stay, was the Conrad a resort?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Since my first trip used $60 credit, I had $140 remaining resort credit for the rest of the 2023
It should be $190, unless you had already spent another $50.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
It should be $190, unless you had already spent another $50.
If he already spent $60.00, I think $140.00 is correct, since the new credit is $200 biannual, replacing the previous annual $250.00 credit.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Jan 16: ~$400 charge from Hilton Whistler Resort
Jan 24: $200 credit posted
Old Jan 25, 2024, 10:54 pm

Just wanted to post a data point.
I stayed at the Hilton Oak Brook Hills Chicago a couple weeks ago. In addition to a $250 prepayment last year, to use one final $250.00 credit, I also charged $350.00 to 2 of 3 Aspires for the current stay.

$200 resort credit x 3=$600.00 - $350.00 = $250.00 remaining credit for the first half of 2024.
I was planning to use the remaining $250 for a new reservation in the summer of 2024, but I asked the front desk if they sold Hilton gift cards.

They don't, but sell resort gift certificates instead. Normally they only sell them in person, but I had to checkout early due to inclement weather and asked if they would mail it.
They made an exception when I agreed not to hold them responsible if it was lost in the mail and sent me two preauthorizations to charge $200 to one Aspire and $50.00 to another.
Thankfully it arrived.

I realize that people prefer generic Hilton gift cards because of the flexibility. However, it may be worth asking if the resort sells individualized gift certificates, especially if one is worried about not being able to use both biannual $200 credits over multiple stays.

My certificate is good for 1 year from the date of issue and looks like a standard business letter. Even if the resort doesn't already have a policy in place, it probably wouldn't be hard for them to generate a similar certificate as it virtually guarantees them additional revenue, or breakage if unredeemed, in the future.

I received all Amex Aspire credits for my January stay and the $250 gift certificate yesterday.
A gift certificate is more flexible than applying an advanced payment to a future reservation, especially since rates may drop or plans change.

This particular resort hosts a lot of summer weddings and also seems to get a lot of local business from the surrounding Chicago area, so selling gift certifcates probably makes sense for them. Overall, it was an extremely easy process.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Jan 26, 2024 at 9:57 am
Old Jan 26, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Just wanted to post a data point.
This is great information!!!

Last edited by mia; Jan 26, 2024 at 4:12 pm Reason: Please do not quote the full text of a multi-paragraph post to add a one line comment.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:04 pm

If I book a night for tonight, which technically can't be canceled, but it's best available rate (not non-refundable/prepaid), will this qualify for the credit?
Old Jan 27, 2024, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by satellite779
If I book a night for tonight, which technically can't be canceled, but it's best available rate (not non-refundable/prepaid), will this qualify for the credit?
It should, but it all depends if the charge comes from Hilton or the actual resort.

Obviously the latter is necessary to get the credit.
I don't think I've ever booked a hotel the day of, except when using points, so I don't know how the charge is processed.
If your actually contemplating doing this today, you may be able to make the reservation at the front desk.

I'm sorry I can't provide more difinitive information.
satellite779 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:34 am

I spent ~$230 in charges over a stay the Casa Marina in Key West, FL. A boozy lunch, some coffees from the coffee shop, and some gifts from the gift shop, all charged to the room. I checked out 1/15/24 and the charge posted upon checkout. I received a $200 statement credit on 1/24/24.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.