FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aimango (Post # 760)
For this one, the fine print says it only counts for room charges. Wondering whether anyone's used this one for other incidentals like parking, on-site restaurant/bar, etc. and had it count. Asking since my upcoming Intercontinental stay is done with points/FNA so I won't have any actual room charges.
Originally Posted by stimpy (Post # 762)
I had a recent stay that included both room and F&B, but the room was well over $300. However based on previous experience the F&B does count, but parking does not. My credit posted on the same day as the charge posted.
Originally Posted by bgriff (Post # 763)
I cant speak to this offer specifically, but I think most hotel offers say something like that, and in my experience they always work for anything charged to a hotel folio. If you just went and had dinner at an on site restaurant or something without staying, I wouldnt expect it to work, but Id bet it will work for incidentals charged to a room.
In my experience, when parking is paid to a valet, or at the garage, it never counts for such offers. Especially if the vendor listed on the parking credit card charge is different from the hotel itself.
philemer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:15 am

If I get an Amex offer for Amazon, can I just reload my Amazon credit via the Amex to get the offer? Or does it need to be item(s) where you check out and pay with Amex card?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 7:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
.... just reload my Amazon credit....
You can buy Amazon electronic gift card(s) and load them to your own account. See recent post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34768767-post757.html
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
If I get an Amex offer for Amazon, can I just reload my Amazon credit via the Amex to get the offer? Or does it need to be item(s) where you check out and pay with Amex card?
Originally Posted by mia
You can buy Amazon electronic gift card(s) and load them to your own account. See recent post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34768767-post757.html
Amazon also makes it possible to just charge an amount and directly have it added to your Amazon gift balance (without having to wait for eGC fulfillment and then entering in an alphanumeric code). IME these get treated as regular Amazon purchases for credit card offer purposes.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Amazon also makes it possible to just charge an amount and directly have it added to your Amazon gift balance (without having to wait for eGC fulfillment and then entering in an alphanumeric code). IME these get treated as regular Amazon purchases for credit card offer purposes.
Thank you Mia and Zorak, I'll just reload, sounds easy enough.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Yes, I can confirm this works. I always do Amazon GC reloads with my Amex Offers and it works like a charm every time. For example I had an offer for 5x points up to 2500 points, so I reloaded $500 and 3 days later I had another 2500 MR points in my account.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Finally, got my 2500 Bonus MR for spend offer hit in April (had until early June to do it).

have no idea if my chats/phone calls to Amex actually did anythingnever posted in any of the 5-10(?) different timelines I was given. My last contact was a phone call about a month ago, and was told 10-15 biz days. It posted sometime within the last week - was surprised to see my MR balence so high - I was convinced there were never actually post. No sign of the 500 bonus MR the last agent told me he was adding that should show immediately for my patience, but not going down that road.

I again have a spend offer on my account, which I activated, though definitely not going out of the way to hit it - if I do, great, if I dont, probably better. Not wasting time again to chase these offers - just not with it.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:55 pm
cwc

Originally Posted by cwc
I received this offer and no I did not use the THC\FHC credit this year yet. I am looking to book sometime for next April and will report back if I did get $400 off. Deadline for the $850 get $200 is Nov 12.
Report! I received both $200 from the card offer & $200 THC/FHC credit for the year. Total of $400 off spring break! woo-hoo!
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Taco Bell, $3.00 off $10.00 (up to two times), Expires 12/31/22
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Taco Bell?!
Dangit, I don't have that one.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Luxury Eye Wear and Taco Bell on my Platinum

Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Taco Bell?!
Dangit, I don't have that one.
Don't worry, those aren't real tacos 🌮 anyway 😁
ACC2008 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Taco Bell, $3.00 off $10.00 (up to two times), Expires 12/31/22
ha! That came about a week too late!

we almost never go to Taco Bell, but did a road trip out to So. Cal and its strange how little there is down certain stretches of I5, so popped in there when the kids got hungry. I suspect itll be several months, if not longer, before we go back. $3 off $10 just aint a good incentive to go back unless there arent a lot of other options.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Taco Bell on my Platinum
There was a McDonald's offer on my Plat a couple weeks ago.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I used to accept all the AMEX offers in the past, but I got tired of the "don't lose out on your offer" spam. So I stopped, and now just look through the offers marked "new".

All of my cards have 100 available offers, exactly. So by not adding these offers to my card, am I missing out on new offers? I know there is no way that all 4 cards have exactly 100 available offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.