FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Offers USA (2022)
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:24 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aimango (Post # 760)
For this one, the fine print says it only counts for room charges. Wondering whether anyone's used this one for other incidentals like parking, on-site restaurant/bar, etc. and had it count. Asking since my upcoming Intercontinental stay is done with points/FNA so I won't have any actual room charges.
Originally Posted by stimpy (Post # 762)
I had a recent stay that included both room and F&B, but the room was well over $300. However based on previous experience the F&B does count, but parking does not. My credit posted on the same day as the charge posted.
Originally Posted by bgriff (Post # 763)
I can’t speak to this offer specifically, but I think most hotel offers say something like that, and in my experience they always work for anything charged to a hotel folio. If you just went and had dinner at an on site restaurant or something without staying, I wouldn’t expect it to work, but I’d bet it will work for incidentals charged to a room.
In my experience, when parking is paid to a valet, or at the garage, it never counts for such offers. Especially if the vendor listed on the parking credit card charge is different from the hotel itself.