FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by lax01
Got MANY MANY new coupons in the coupon book...like 80+ - nothing good or useable
I got a few useful ones (though not super high value), including $5 of $20 for my local pizza shop. Bonus MR points on Buffalo Wild Wings too...

But yeah, mostly ones I won't use.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

I got $10 off $60 at Macys good thru yearend. I buy clothes online thru Macys so that works. I saw the tip too late about Amazon cards at Best Buy. i had seen the Best buy on one or two of our cards but by the time I saw the above post, it was gone on all the family cards.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:09 pm

Two decent offers for my daughter: Lululemon and Glossier
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Yes - checked out last Wednesday and that credit already posted.
Thank you for your data point. I am still waiting on my $40 Amex Hilton credit for a stay that checked out on Oct 17. I contacted CS through chat and I was advised I had to wait 90 days.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My platinum had an offer for$50 back when you spend 200 at Hilton it looks like it works in all brands except at HGVC I have an expensive stay coming up in New York City so I put the first 200 on the platinum to get the $50 back and then the balance on my 'hilton card for the $40 back offer
cfischer and mildfrequence like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
$5 of $20 for my local pizza shop.
Wise guy?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by avatexrs
An update - It's now October and nothing has changed. Just spent over an hour on the phone, talking with four different people, before someone could tell me that the matter was escalated in June but nothing has happened since then. AmEx's solution now is to open up another "escalation" and wait 2-3 more weeks.

Membership really has its privileges.
ive basically given up on this one.

hit my spend on April 22, never got anything. Followed up with chat many times and got run around (posted a couple of times on my experiences in here). Then called a couple of weeks ago. Confirmed case was successful and then closed on July 10. Subsequently, was told I had to wait until 90 days after that date. Called after October 10, agent confirmed it should have posted, escalated to team to have it posted and claimed it would be 15 business days. Plus he was going to post 500 additional MR immediately for my patience. Now not only have the offer points not posted, but the immediate 500 points he supposedly added were never posted either.

I guess Amex wanted to jerk me around more, so gave me another spend $4K, get 2500 MR. Yeah, not falling for that again. On the ok side, the $4K I spent the first time was airfare so not something I diverted from another card - was spend I likely would have put on Amex anyway.

not sure why everyone seems to think Amex CS is supposed to be great. Been a cardholder for a year, and service varies from mediocre at best to awful. Had multiple Chase cards over 15 years and while there have been a handful of not ideal interactions. never had a CS fail like this.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
To some degree, the reputation of Amex C.S. is a holdover from days gone by. They're not as good as they used to be. It's also all relative: they're still better than many of their competitors.
happychic likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
ive basically given up on this one.
It has been several years since I had to do this, but writing to the Amex executive offices in NYC always produced results for me when my patience was exhausted. For what appears to be a credible list of addresses, see https://www.elliott.org/company-cont...rican-express/
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
I've been waiting 11 weeks to receive 20k points from adding an AU and having them meet a spending threshold. CS won't do anything since the terms say it could take 8-12 weeks but I am almost certain they won't post after 12 weeks. CS and my math have confirmed that the threshold had been met 11 weeks ago.

Anyone else have this issue or will they actually credit it on the last day of the 8-12 week period?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can someone remind me, if I have an offer on the primary card (save $X at retailer Y), would spend on the AU card trigger it?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:13 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
if I have an offer on the primary card (save $X at retailer Y), would spend on the AU card trigger it?
No, the spend must be on the same card number as the Offer, and every Amex card has a unique number.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RK23
since the terms say it could take 8-12 weeks
What does the 8 weeks mean anyway? If you call in after eight weeks, they say it may take 12 weeks. So are they saying it will take at least 8 weeks and at most 12 weeks? That doesn’t seem to be the case since many such offers post much earlier than 8 weeks.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Only on my Aspire and and Delta Blue. Minimal gain even if it works with my Google Fi account (the opportunity cost is 5X UR), but I just prepaid $10 to see if it triggers.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What does the 8 weeks mean anyway? If you call in after eight weeks, they say it may take 12 weeks. So are they saying it will take at least 8 weeks and at most 12 weeks? That doesnt seem to be the case since many such offers post much earlier than 8 weeks.
Exactly, its so ridiculous. Either it posts or it doesn't. It's not posting and it definitely won't post at 12 weeks meaning I Will have to chat and ask them to manually credit me. But they are unwilling to do so before 12 weeks.
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.