Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by murphy
I have a stay booked at an indigo, I hope they let me split the charge to get the offer and then put the balance on the IHG MC
Like the other poster stated, yes you can do this. I've done it numerous of times just to make sure I get the credit sooner than later. Depending on the hotel, I charge an amount on arrival or wait until the amount of my stay equals the promotion credit and charge that amount straight. And when I checkout I charge the total amount on whatever card.
murphy likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Like the other poster stated, yes you can do this. I've done it numerous of times just to make sure I get the credit sooner than later. Depending on the hotel, I charge an amount on arrival or wait until the amount of my stay equals the promotion credit and charge that amount straight. And when I checkout I charge the total amount on whatever card.
ive done this tooeven split at checkout.

in fact, once, I think it was at a Marriott, my wife and I both had an offer for Marriott (she is an AU on my card). They had no issues splitting the final amount checkout onto each card, and both of us received the offer amount (feel like it might have been one of the Marriott $50 off of $250 or $300 deals).
murphy and Global Adventurer like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happychic
Has anyone gotten the credit for this Hilton offer yet? I'm waiting on mine. Wondering if others are in the same shoes.
received mine for stay on 10/19.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by milomaniac
received mine for stay on 10/19.
Thank you. My stayed ended on 10/17. I am still waiting on my credit. This gives me hope! I did get the $130 credit as part of my Surpass SUB, though.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:27 am

Would stamps ordered online at UPS trigger the UPS online offer of $15 back on $45 spent?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Would stamps ordered online at UPS trigger the UPS online offer of $15 back on $45 spent?
What type of stamps does the United Parcel Service sell?
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
What type of stamps does the United Parcel Service sell?
I guess they don't sell stamps online.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Why would they? Perhaps you are the thinking of the US Postal Service (USPS)?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
UPS Stores do sell stamps, just not online.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
A lot of businesses sell USPS stamps.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Refunds and offers

While I rarely refund purchases in general, I have been doing a lot of refunds and rebookings for future hotel stays as prices have been changing. Changes weren't an option, so I was fully canceling/refunding then rebooking.

In this situation, a charge of the AmEx previous offer credit along with the refund. However, the offer did repost with another charge. I think it is still easy to lose these offers as a result of these type of changes, but it appears to have some sort of tracking mechanism. Now, I did this rebooking about six times, so let's see if the AmEx offer sticks after all these transactions.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by happychic
Has anyone gotten the credit for this Hilton offer yet? I'm waiting on mine. Wondering if others are in the same shoes.
Yes - checked out last Wednesday and that credit already posted.
happychic likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Best Buy spend $250 get $25 (I still have a +1 MR offer too)

Kroger spend $50 online for pickup/delivery get $25

Late last night I saw an AirBnB spend $500 get $100 but it's gone now so either limited enrollment or they pulled it

Also noticed that the AF/KL offer which was expiring in like a week has now been extended to 12/1.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:33 am

Got MANY MANY new coupons in the coupon book...like 80+ - nothing good or useable
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Zorak
Best Buy spend $250 get $25 (I still have a +1 MR offer too)
I got that one. Good for an Amazon gift card to effectively get 10% off Amazon spend.

Originally Posted by lax01
Got MANY MANY new coupons in the coupon book...like 80+ - nothing good or useable
Except for the Best Buy one, same for me. The Kroger offer would be nice if there was actually a Kroger store where I live. We have another Kroger brand, but it seems that they have separate offers for each brand and it seems unlikely one can get the credit for ordering on a non-targeted website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.