Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Your question is probably answered in this Wikipost

Reminder: you must enroll and select UA as your airline, then wait a day
before making a reimbursable purchase. It can take a few days or a full week to be reimbursed.

Travel Bank: There'sa separate thread at this link for general discussion of Travel Bank. Travel Bank is available again Jan. 3, 2022 and posts as a Special Service Ticket reimbursed by Amex (but unofficially). May appear as United Electronic Ticketing or United Airlines Houston. Purchase here: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash If your transaction returns a Payment Failed error, try adding your American Express card to your United Airlines profile, and repeat the transaction using the stored card. DO NOT CALL Amex to ask about being credited for this.

On December 31, 2021 United suspended Travel Bank deposit transactions and posted a message "Offer has ended."

United does not sell gift cards.

As of December 2016 American Express no longer reimburses MPX transactions.

READ BELOW for EXPENSES WHICH MAY BE REIMBURSED

Airline Taxes on Award Tickets Doesn't seem to work anymore; see post 179 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25297196-post179.html and #391

Economy Plus and First Class Upgrade Fees Subscription worked in Feb 2020, data point here. As of December 2016 there were conflicting posts; one stating that an upgrade to E+ coded as an "upgrade fee" and was, therefore, not reimbursed. Others said they were reimbursed as it was coded as "preferred seat upgrade." In February 2019, three separate FTer reported receiving varying amounts of reimbursement (dependent upon which card was used for the purchase) after purchasing an E+ annual subscription. The E+ subscriptions code as "preferred seat upgrade". Upgrading from E to FC will also not be reimbursed because it codes as a passenger ticket even when done after buying the original ticket. There seems to be a distinction between seat upgrades being reimbursed, while ticket upgrades are not.

Award AcceleratorI would not risk this. The last report of being reimbursed for Award Accelerator was for $68 on October 27, 2011. Every post about Award Accelerator since has reported "No reimbursement."

Eligible incidental fees include:
  • Checked baggage fees (including overweight/oversize)
  • Itinerary change fees
  • Phone reservation fees
  • FareLock
  • Pet flight fees
  • Seat assignment fees (E+)
  • In-flight amenity fees (beverages, food, pillows/blankets, headphones)
  • In-flight entertainment fees (excluding wireless internet unless it is billed by the airline.)
  • Airport lounge day passes & annual memberships
  • Onboard WIFI (provided it is billed by the airline.)
Keeping Track of Your Incidentals The Amex website has a Benefits link which will show a meter to keep track of your reimbursements. You may need a desktop/laptop browser to see it.

A general discussion of
Travel Bank is in a separate thread .

(2021 discussion of UA available at this link.)
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:52 pm

Aspire
Payment Posted on 10/5
Reimbursed on 10/9
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:31 am

AMEX Transaction
10/6 - bought 2x $100 united travel bank
10/ 11 - Reimbursed

Details
10/6 - bought 2x $100 united travel bank
10/8 - got posted
10/11 - Track your progress - $200 airline fee credit - Congratulations, you've received $200 of your airline fee credit benefit this year!
10/12 - got reimbursed
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
10/5 Charged 1x$100
10/11 still no update
Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:19 pm

Have you checked your track your progress? I think as long as it already shows Congratulations there you'll be reimbursed soon.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Also still waiting on mine but haven’t been for as long. Usually it’s quicker than this though.

Aspire UA selected - 10/06
$250 Travel Bank purchased - 10/08
$250 Bar Tracker moved on Amex website - 10/13
$250 Credit Posted to account - 10/14

Still no bar movement or credit. Will update when I see it.

Edit: Bar moved to completed on the site now. Expect to see the credit posted in the next day or two

Last edited by rayfoxii; Oct 17, 2022 at 4:06 am
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:59 am

Long time follower first time caller!

Purchased the travel bank credit on Oct 7 and it has still not posted. I'm not sure if they finally have changed this as it looks like others this month are running into the same issue. I will post back if I see the credit come in. Nothing in my progress tracker.

UPDATE: 10/14 I see the credit in my tracker so all is well
AlEtRONt likes this.

Last edited by AlbySmithers; Oct 14, 2022 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:56 pm

Hilton Aspire. $250 UA Travelbank purchase 10/7. $250 credit posted today, 10/13. Post date on Amex website is 10/12, but didn't show up there until today.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by AlbySmithers
Long time follower first time caller!

Purchased the travel bank credit on Oct 7 and it has still not posted. I'm not sure if they finally have changed this as it looks like others this month are running into the same issue. I will post back if I see the credit come in. Nothing in my progress tracker.
Looks like things are just a bit slow as expected because of all the members week deals and credits being redeemed. Mine was slower than normal but looks all good now.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:10 am

Yep seems good now I see the credits in my tracker now!
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:22 pm

Plat UA Selected - 6 Oct
UA Travel bank purchase - 6 Oct
$200 bar tracker not moved on AMEX website as of today (no credit to date)

Just charged again to UA Travel bank plus purchase ticket with travelbank + cash. Will monitor again.
gasongasoff likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:45 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Bought 2x $100 on 10/9 on Amex Platinum. No credit posted so far. The tracker is still showing $0.

ETA: Popped up the laptop and now I am seeing this message in the benefits page.. "Congratulations, you’ve received $200 of your Airline Fee credit benefit this year!"

All is well. Looks like some credits are taking a few more days to post. Guess we should expect credits to take 5-7 days to post going forward rather than the 3-5 days we have been seeing in the past.
gasongasoff likes this.

Last edited by golfingboy; Oct 16, 2022 at 11:50 am
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Bought 2x $100 on 10/9 on Amex Platinum. No credit posted so far. The tracker is still showing $0.

ETA: Popped up the laptop and now I am seeing this message in the benefits page.. "Congratulations, you’ve received $200 of your Airline Fee credit benefit this year!"

All is well. Looks like some credits are taking a few more days to post. Guess we should expect credits to take 5-7 days to post going forward rather than the 3-5 days we have been seeing in the past.
Congrats. Mine still have not show up as of today (no progress in tracker).
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Happydog999
Plat UA Selected - 6 Oct
UA Travel bank purchase - 6 Oct
$200 bar tracker not moved on AMEX website as of today (no credit to date)

Just charged again to UA Travel bank plus purchase ticket with travelbank + cash. Will monitor again.
Originally Posted by Happydog999
Congrats. Mine still have not show up as of today (no progress in tracker).
You might have a problem here. You selected the airline and purchased the travel bank on the same day. There's a reason the wiki and everyone here says to wait at least 24 hours between selecting your airline and trying to use the credit. Still a chance it could show up but I would have expected it by now when we have others who purchased after (including myself) that have reported credits.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:45 am

Amex UA airline was selected early this year
10/13 purchased 2x$100

Progress bar has not moved
Transaction posted as "Special Service Ticket" & LastName/TRAVEL BANK CA
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:46 am

UA selected 10/6 on Biz Plat. 10/11 purchased 1x$100. No credit thus far, progress bar has not moved.

Perhaps relatedly, perhaps not, my Dell purchase from 10/12 also hasn't credited (or rather, the $50-off-$100 members week deal has posted, but the $200 semiannual Dell credit has not). Seems like things are moving slow over there.

ETA: Posted 10/18. Tracker never moved prior to credit posting.

Last edited by Sunscreen Icarus; Oct 18, 2022 at 10:33 am Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.