FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2063844-airline-fee-250-200-reimbursement-reports-ua-only-2022-a.html)

r6vo Dec 31, 2021 1:26 am

Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022)

Is this dead ? Seeing the offer has ended message.

r6vo Dec 31, 2021 1:30 am

Originally Posted by r6vo (Post 33857252)

After deleting history now getting stuck in "Verifying your offer" screen. Hopefully nothing serious :)

mrkenneth Dec 31, 2021 1:41 am

Originally Posted by r6vo (Post 33857252)

I have seen the same error when on VPN.

fly_bear Dec 31, 2021 4:59 am

Getting the "This offer has ended" message as well. Also getting stuck on the "Verifying your offer" message after switching browsers.

Found this on the United website: As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com gift registry program. Although you’ll no longer be able to create a new registry or add to your existing one, you can still book travel using the TravelBank balance linked to your current registry until your balance expires.

mia Dec 31, 2021 5:16 am

That is the same language that UA displayed when they previously suspended Travel Bank contributions. It's possible that their system is undergoing maintenance.

808traveler Dec 31, 2021 5:50 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 33857565)
That is the same language that UA displayed when they previously suspended Travel Bank contributions. It's possible that their system is undergoing maintenance.

How long did the maintenance last last time?

aquanine Dec 31, 2021 5:51 am

I also see the offer has ended message. Specifically:This offer has ended

This special offer is no longer available.

In chrome and chrome incognito I got the offer ended message. In firefox I was able to login and get stuck on the Verifying your offer screen. Hopefully it's just maintenance.

blitzen Dec 31, 2021 6:38 am

Originally Posted by aquanine (Post 33857601)
I also see the offer has ended message. Specifically:This offer has ended

This special offer is no longer available.

In chrome and chrome incognito I got the offer ended message. In firefox I was able to login and get stuck on the Verifying your offer screen. Hopefully it's just maintenance.

Same here on iPhone Safari Browser. 1st try offer ended - refresh and I could log in but stuck on verifying your offer

gumercindo Dec 31, 2021 7:28 am

Was able to make a TB purchase last night at around 10pm ET, fwiw.

hope it stays alive in 2022.

scubadu Dec 31, 2021 8:35 am

As mia alluded to, perhaps this is just routine maintenance. However, it seems that, in the past, when other airline credit "loop holes" were closed (e.g. AA gift cards) it often occurred right at the beginning of a new year. I must say if the ability to purchase UA Travel Bank credits with the airline credit goes away, and given the Amex Platinum cards new annual fee of $695, it will be increasingly difficult for me to justify keeping said card...

Regards

PntsNmiles Dec 31, 2021 8:44 am

Originally Posted by fly_bear (Post 33857547)
Getting the "This offer has ended" message as well. Also getting stuck on the "Verifying your offer" message after switching browsers.

Found this on the United website: As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com gift registry program. Although you’ll no longer be able to create a new registry or add to your existing one, you can still book travel using the TravelBank balance linked to your current registry until your balance expires.

That wording about the registry has been on the United site since at least 2019.

jgold Dec 31, 2021 10:47 am

Has any work around been figured out for this? As of now, I can't access the Travel Bank/the message says the offer has expired. Thanks.

brc01 Dec 31, 2021 11:19 am

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 33857888)
As mia alluded to, perhaps this is just routine maintenance. However, it seems that, in the past, when other airline credit "loop holes" were closed (e.g. AA gift cards) it often occurred right at the beginning of a new year.

There's often been a small window at the beginning of the year before changes happen. AA gift cards stopped work around Feb 8, 2019. Earlier this year, TravelBank stopped working around Jan 14. The only time I can recall something stopping on Jan 1 was <$100 AS tickets in 2020. However, I think they were already a hit or miss on reimbursement starting in mid-2019.

scubadu Dec 31, 2021 11:24 am

Originally Posted by brc01 (Post 33858367)
There's often been a small window at the beginning of the year before changes happen. AA gift cards stopped work around Feb 8, 2019. Earlier this year, TravelBank stopped working around Jan 14. The only time I can recall something stopping on Jan 1 was <$100 AS tickets in 2020. However, I think they were already a hit or miss on reimbursement starting in mid-2019.

Sure, agreed. I mean when I said, "beginning of the year" I didn't literally mean 12:01 AM, Jan 1st, but rather in January. Again, not saying this will stop working, but certainly UA has suspended Travel Bank in the past, so it would not be without precedence were it to occur.

Regards

friedablass Dec 31, 2021 11:32 am

Originally Posted by brc01 (Post 33858367)
Earlier this year, TravelBank stopped working around Jan 14.

The difference is that when TB stopped working at that time for a few weeks you were able to buy but the purchases weren't getting reimbursed. Now you can't even buy anything.