Search

Centurion Card (UK)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Any others out there in UK?
Old May 20, 2019, 5:10 am

Makes sense, although I assume the volumes are low outside the USA. Prob best to group USA and non-USA I'd think?
Old May 20, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by RyanOConnor
Hi guys, I’m new to the forum, but wouldn’t it make more sense to have separate forum threads for the respective markets?

Such as:

Centurion Card (USA)
Centurion Card (UK)
Centurion Card (Other Markets)

It seems to me that the requirements and the benefits of the card in the different markets are quite considerable, so wouldn’t it be easier to discuss these matters in individual threads rather than all in one?

Just a thought, but as a newbie I don’t want to the rock the boat!

First post to a very niche group - Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I agree a split would be nice, especially as someone in the UK trying to figure out what is and isn't the case can be hard sometimes. Aspirations to get a Centurion card in the next year or so so trying to learn as much as i can.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:56 am

Centurion Card (United Kingdom)

Following on from a discussion with members of FlyerTalk, we have decided to set up two separate threads, one relating to the Centurion Card in the United Kingdom, and one for the Centurion Card in the United States and other markets.

This thread is for UK Centurion Card members and those wishing to attain a Centurion Card in the future.

Feel free to post information regarding attaining Centurion Card membership in the UK, spending habits, use of Centurion services etc.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:07 am

For what it's worth, they have responded that all new members get a Relationship Manager now (previously this didn't seem to be the case?) and they can be very proactive and can also book travel as they have GDS access.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
For what it's worth, they have responded that all new members get a Relationship Manager now (previously this didn't seem to be the case?) and they can be very proactive and can also book travel as they have GDS access.
Didnt it change a couple of years ago. Amex had the trialed scheme where only people that spent over £250k a year on the card, got a relationship manager etc. THe scheme was dropped, if I recall correctly, early last year. But timings might be wrong. The intention was to increase the transactions going through peoples cards. Of course with the usual outgoings and income then a person couldnt always increase amex transactions. The trialed scheme was called the Medallion programme
Old May 20, 2019, 9:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by origin
....trialed scheme where only people that spent over £250k a year on the card, got a relationship manager etc......
Discussion here:

UK: Centurion Medallion Programme (£250,000 annual spend on Centurion card)
origin likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:49 am
mia

Moderator action

I have moved a few dozen posts from another thread. If you see a post in this thread that does not seem to fit (not about "UK" Centurion, context lost, etc) please click the triangular Alert icon in the lower left corner of the specific misplaced post, and I will look at it.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Various
UK Centurion has always had a form of 'Relationship Managers' from the very start in 1999 - back then there was a 'Regulars' team for top customers, in terms of very active on the travel front. I had a person assigned to me, and I used them for a while but then my travel backed down so I just went into the normal pool which was perfectly fine. When they did the Refresh (think it was ~2008/9), then they started assigning RMs more actively. I've had the same one since that point, and he's great (though I was told he was picked on purpose to look after my account - something to do with this forum and detail ). He knows my travel preferences, what events interest me, and is always responsive to requests and escalating them as needed. There is a direct dial 0808 number that goes through to him, and if he isn't there one of the other backup RMs pick up the phone and are always helpful.

I moved to the US in 2013, but kept my UK account and my RM (in addition to getting a US Centurion in 2016 - which I was assigned a RM for too) - don't speak to him (UK RM) much now but he does liaise with the RM on my US Centurion account regularly which is great so they are aware of where I am, and bookings in my account as I've found it better to book car rental via my UK account (lower rates) than the US as an example. I'm not super high maintenance, and don't treat them like PA's which I know some people do - but I've found them to be a useful benefit for sure, as I like having a named contact that knows my account and will help as needed. You can have your supplementary cards setup to have access to your RM too which I know is useful for some of mine because of the time difference in my case, and they've always commented its great service.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:15 pm

yeah they killed that programme. But seems that they also killed the lowest tier with no RM
Old May 20, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobbySteel

yeah they killed that programme. But seems that they also killed the lowest tier with no RM
So how much does Amex expect someone to put through their cards these days?
Old May 21, 2019, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
I moved to the US in 2013, but kept my UK account and my RM (in addition to getting a US Centurion in 2016 - which I was assigned a RM for too) - don't speak to him (UK RM) much now but he does liaise with the RM on my US Centurion account regularly which is great so they are aware of where I am
When you moved to the US could you leverage your UK Centurion to receive an Invite to the US or did you have to do it the old fashion way by spend and build a new relationship with AmEx US?
Old May 21, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
UK Centurion has always had a form of 'Relationship Managers' from the very start in 1999 - back then there was a 'Regulars' team for top customers, in terms of very active on the travel front. I had a person assigned to me, and I used them for a while but then my travel backed down so I just went into the normal pool which was perfectly fine. When they did the Refresh (think it was ~2008/9), then they started assigning RMs more actively. I've had the same one since that point, and he's great (though I was told he was picked on purpose to look after my account - something to do with this forum and detail ). He knows my travel preferences, what events interest me, and is always responsive to requests and escalating them as needed. There is a direct dial 0808 number that goes through to him, and if he isn't there one of the other backup RMs pick up the phone and are always helpful.

I moved to the US in 2013, but kept my UK account and my RM (in addition to getting a US Centurion in 2016 - which I was assigned a RM for too) - don't speak to him (UK RM) much now but he does liaise with the RM on my US Centurion account regularly which is great so they are aware of where I am, and bookings in my account as I've found it better to book car rental via my UK account (lower rates) than the US as an example. I'm not super high maintenance, and don't treat them like PA's which I know some people do - but I've found them to be a useful benefit for sure, as I like having a named contact that knows my account and will help as needed. You can have your supplementary cards setup to have access to your RM too which I know is useful for some of mine because of the time difference in my case, and they've always commented its great service.
I think its great that you’re assigned an individual Relationship Manager, they get to know you and you have a closer relationship to the company. That’s how it should be.

Amex really are a fantastic organisation, and that is why they have such a loyal following. I am aware a new thread was started as some Platinum members are not happy with the forthcoming increase in fees, but personally I feel if you are complaining about this there is a simple solution - downgrade your card.

I’m not a Centurion member at present, but I hope to be in foreseeable future. I use my Platinum Card for everything I possibly can in UK (and abroad), which is getting easier thanks to Amex expanding the merchant network in recent years.

Personally, I think everything Amex is currently doing across their portfolio of cards is a welcomed step in the right direction.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:40 am

I'm also curious about the places where they have standing Centurion tables available in London and Europe - anyone seen a list of restaurant relationships before?
Old May 21, 2019, 10:43 am
mia

Read here, if you have not already:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...staurants.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.