Centurion Card (UK)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:52 pm

Right im doing my application.

Quick question - with regards to the the other 4 supplementary cards you can get, I have a choice of Platinum, Gold or Green for each one. Why would anyone go for the green/gold versus the platinum??
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ragsk
Right im doing my application.

Quick question - with regards to the the other 4 supplementary cards you can get, I have a choice of Platinum, Gold or Green for each one. Why would anyone go for the green/gold versus the platinum??

There is no annual fee with Green. Gold and Platinum cards will have fees.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:25 pm

So you have to pay fees for each card?

Thought they were included in the Centurion card annual fee ? Otherwise whats the benefit lol
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:43 pm
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
No, you dont have to pay for the free additional supplementary cards on the UK Centurion product, as are being discussed here. If you want more than the free allowance, those are chargeable.

Theres really no reason other than colour preference, as to what you choose. So dont feel bad going for straight Platinums (at least those get some lounge access just on face value). In some countries, because of criminal risk, I know people have mentioned they feel safer not flashing black or platinum - hence you might go for green. But theres really no other reason not to go for Platinum.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by JK
No, you dont have to pay for the free additional supplementary cards on the UK Centurion product, as are being discussed here. If you want more than the free allowance, those are chargeable.

Theres really no reason other than colour preference, as to what you choose. So dont feel bad going for straight Platinums (at least those get some lounge access just on face value). In some countries, because of criminal risk, I know people have mentioned they feel safer not flashing black or platinum - hence you might go for green. But theres really no other reason not to go for Platinum.
Yep, I thought not.

I think then Plats it is!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by JK

I should have probably clarified with the US Centurion product, supplemental card holders have fees for Centurion, Platinum and Gold. Green supplemental are no additional charge.

Sounds the UK version has an advantage for supplemental users.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by JK

Well there are very few times to pick a supplemental Centurions over Platinums. For example, they could use Centurion for Lufthansa First Class Lounge access, where Platinum would only get Senator lounge. But yeah, overall, not much advantage.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:29 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... I have a choice of Platinum, Gold or Green for each one. Why would anyone go for the green/gold versus the platinum??
In addition to the security consideration mentioned by JK, it depends who you are giving the cards to, and why. If one is for an assistant strictly to make retail and online purchases for you, Green is likely the correct choice.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:57 am

I think in the UK the main thing with the supplementary platinums is that whoever you give one to gets free travel insurance not only for themselves but there spouse and dependant kids as well.

Plus I think they can use the platinum concierge and other benefits that come with the UK regular platinum card.

It really is a big positive.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Plumuser
Sounds the UK version has an advantage for supplemental users.
You should see the International Dollar/Euro versions of Centurion - they come with twenty additional cards included in the fee in a choice of Platinum, Gold and Green (one of them can be black as your primary supp)..
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Marambio
Here in Argentina Amex will issue, upon a member's request and for personal safety reasons, a green card that is actually a Plat/Cent. That "fake green" card will get you all the Plat/Cent benefits except for those where you need to actually produce your card. So you could rent a car with that "fake green" card and get the Plat/Cent insurance, for instance.
Same in the UK, I know people that issue themselves a supplementary card in green to avoid attention in certain scenarios.

Though if you really know what youre looking for you could tell its not a std green card as all supplementary cards on Centurion accounts have different part numbers as they have the Centurion customer service contact number on the back even if it isnt black. The account number on the front would give a clue too as digit 5 and 6 normally identify the product family and then 13 and 14 wouldnt be 00.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:56 pm

I finally received my Centurion cards yesterday - took a while to get them. The supplementary platinum cards that I applied for arrived well over a week before the Centurions landed (?). They main cards came tracked post in a nice black box along with a booklet going over in detail all the Centurion benefits as well as a couple of Centurion luggage tags.

I have been assigned my own concierge who has been in touch.

So far very satisfied with the service. First transaction was a double macchiato from Costa via contactless + Booked my first restaurant via Centurion for tonight!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:34 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
First transaction was a double macchiato from Costa via contactless
Was this through tapping the Cent on the payment terminal (PayWave or whatever its called), or through Apple Pay and the like?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by JK

Was this through tapping the Cent on the payment terminal (PayWave or whatever its called), or through Apple Pay and the like?
Yes tapping/waving the card on the payment terminal directly. I used the plastic Centurion card. I understand that both have the plastic and the titanium cards have the contactless feature.

Nothing to write home about. Virtually every card in Europe has that feature. Massively handy.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:25 am
JK

Yes tapping/waving the card on the payment terminal directly. I used the plastic Centurion card. I understand that both have the plastic and the titanium cards have the contactless feature.

Nothing to write home about. Virtually every card in Europe has that feature. Massively handy.
Ah, thats interesting! My old Titanium Cent just expired, and so I just received my new one. It still doesnt have the PayWave logo on it, so I presumed the metal ones still dont have that feature.

But now that I know it exists, Ill call them and see if I can get another new one, with that enabled.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.