FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1832025-usa-personal-platinum-uber-200-year-credit-2017-2019-a.html)

ehuang03 Mar 31, 17 9:26 am


Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 28107454)
Confirming credit is valid for Uber EATS. After delivery, received email with $0.00 charged on credit card. Order was less than $15, remaining balance/credit appears on Uber and Uber EATS apps.

That is awesome news! It's just too bad Uber EATS isn't available in my area. I never take Uber so that's a monthly credit that will go unused.

C W Mar 31, 17 9:31 am


Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 28111029)
I see the $15 credit in Uber app. If I use it today, will I get another starting Apr 1? Is that how this is going to work?

There is a very good and comprehensive thread that should answer your question here.

Troopers Mar 31, 17 10:08 am


Originally Posted by Westin. (Post 28109592)
Was it an additional user card or s totally different account?

Different account.

entropy Mar 31, 17 10:40 am

Does the credit apply additionally to Authorized users?
-nm looking at th eFAQ!

igorjrr Mar 31, 17 11:02 am

So UberEats has a fee of 4.99, and is also charging an extra 4.99 for Busy Area.

This Amex $15 credit is not really that good for UberEats. Maybe regular Uber... but not a fan of the business either.

UPDATE: after 1 hour waiting, received a message saying food is arriving. Went downstairs, waited 10 minutes, then order was cancelled. Never received any call. Poor service too, on top of what I wrote before.

seawolf Mar 31, 17 11:22 am

What exactly is VIP? Does it just mean I may have to wait longer to be assigned a car as it searches for a higher rated driver?

Madone59 Mar 31, 17 11:25 am

It's working!
 
Just had a $8 Uber and got a bill for $0.00 ^^

C W Mar 31, 17 11:25 am


Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 28111855)
What exactly is VIP? Does it just mean I may have to wait longer to be assigned a car as it searches for a higher rated driver?

Basically, yes.

GiantCow Mar 31, 17 12:57 pm

I believe VIP drivers have a 4.8+ rating so yeah, sometimes you'll need to wait longer for a ride.

I don't think I'll ever use VIP since all I really care about is getting from point A to point B as fast as possible.

ijgordon Mar 31, 17 1:11 pm

Yeah, this VIP thing seems kind of pointless.

tomwhom Mar 31, 17 1:29 pm


Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 28111029)
I see the $15 credit in Uber app. If I use it today, will I get another starting Apr 1? Is that how this is going to work?

Yes. If you don't use it today, you will lose it.

gooselee Mar 31, 17 3:04 pm

Just used UberEats for lunch. Final bill was $0.16.

I wonder if they'll round up or down for my 2x MR. :P

work2fly Mar 31, 17 3:43 pm

Used my $15 credit today - thanks Amex.

gm9928 Mar 31, 17 4:19 pm

Am I the only person this $15 credit is not working for?? I've entered my personal AMEX PLAT as a payment option. I initially get a notice in the Uber app that I'm going to be getting my $15 per month (+ extra $20 in December). Then I never see it again.

I've used UberEATS once and taken 2 UBER trips, but no mention of a discount off the price. I've contacted UBER and they keep asking me for a promo code or a screenshot. They don't know their own promos! When I actually get a response from them, it's a "canned" answer that doesn't answer my question or help me at all. I keep reading that I can "toggle" between turning the $15 credit on or off, but I don't see this in the app.

The only complication I can think of is that I have approx $80 in credits from an UBER gift card and that messes up the functionality of the AMEX PLAT credit. Of course, UBER Support is useless for getting a useful answer and AMEX customer service, while they at least try, just gives me a link to contact UBER support. Round and round I go! :confused:

Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing a step? Thanks y'all!

gooselee Mar 31, 17 4:30 pm


Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 28113108)
Am I the only person this $15 credit is not working for?? I've entered my personal AMEX PLAT as a payment option. I initially get a notice in the Uber app that I'm going to be getting my $15 per month (+ extra $20 in December). Then I never see it again.

I've used UberEATS once and taken 2 UBER trips, but no mention of a discount off the price. I've contacted UBER and they keep asking me for a promo code or a screenshot. They don't know their own promos! When I actually get a response from them, it's a "canned" answer that doesn't answer my question or help me at all. I keep reading that I can "toggle" between turning the $15 credit on or off, but I don't see this in the app.

The only complication I can think of is that I have approx $80 in credits from an UBER gift card and that messes up the functionality of the AMEX PLAT credit. Of course, UBER Support is useless for getting a useful answer and AMEX customer service, while they at least try, just gives me a link to contact UBER support. Round and round I go! :confused:

Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing a step? Thanks y'all!

If you're in the Uber app, go to the hamburger menu and tap on "Payment" - in there, you should see "Amex Benefits" under your Plat card if it's linked correctly.

Go back out to the main screen and make like you're requesting a ride. Just about the Request button you should have a line that shows your Profile and payment method. Tap on it. I can't remember if it's on the next screen, or if you have to tap again into Payment Options, but there should be a toggle there to turn the use of credits on or off.

IIRC, this was defaulted to ON for my Personal profile, but defaulted to OFF for my Business profile.

Interesting note - I do not see this toggle anymore, I'm guessing because I spent all my credits earlier today.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:41 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.