FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1832025-usa-personal-platinum-uber-200-year-credit-2017-2019-a.html)

michelle227 Apr 18, 2017 3:22 pm

By way of quick update, they FINALLY figured something out...they won't respond to WHAT the issue was, but they had DM'ed me back on Twitter and said to try it again and it worked.

The true test will be if it works the next time I try to use it...

Credits were applied for those so interested...

majorkirkus Apr 24, 2017 6:09 am

Originally Posted by twkidM3 (Post 28107234)
does anyone know if we can use the credit to buy giftcards on uber?

Have you tried this?

michelle227 Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

latest update seems to have closed the ability to use the credits on UberEats...

GiantCow Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm

I wonder if the credits will go through if I just don't update... Still seeing the $15 credit on mine.

Stgermainparis Apr 25, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by GiantCow (Post 28224035)
I wonder if the credits will go through if I just don't update... Still seeing the $15 credit on mine.

Same here. I first downloaded the app about 5 days ago.

STS-134 Apr 25, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by michelle227 (Post 28223978)
latest update seems to have closed the ability to use the credits on UberEats...

How did you determine this? I highly doubt that this is done on the app side, it's likely done on the server side. Otherwise people would hack the app, forge packets, use credit card number generators, etc., to generate credits that they aren't due.

michelle227 Apr 25, 2017 11:10 am

Originally Posted by STS-134 (Post 28227362)
How did you determine this? I highly doubt that this is done on the app side, it's likely done on the server side. Otherwise people would hack the app, forge packets, use credit card number generators, etc., to generate credits that they aren't due.

As it turns out, I typed too soon...

I did not see the 'use credits' slider when I placed the order and my AXP was pre-auth'ed for the order amount. However, looking online today, the amount actually charged was the amount less the remaining credit.

my bad...

Was a little less than thrilled that the 'booking fee' has gone up another dollar though...at least for the area I was ordering.

dhuey Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by michelle227 (Post 28228054)

Thanks for correcting. Still, I think it's likely they'll discontinue allowing the credit on UberEats.

STS-134 Apr 25, 2017 12:37 pm

I did not see the 'use credits' slider when I placed the order and my AXP was pre-auth'ed for the order amount. However, looking online today, the amount actually charged was the amount less the remaining credit.

my bad...

Was a little less than thrilled that the 'booking fee' has gone up another dollar though...at least for the area I was ordering.

Well that's good. Pushes back the date I have to call them and ask for at least a $100 AF credit and I cancel if they don't give it to me...although that's still over a year off because the higher AF doesn't hit me until next year.

mrlemm Apr 25, 2017 1:21 pm

my bad...

I just used uberEats and the credit box was checked when i was paying but dont see anything reflecting on the receipt that i used my credits.... i guess i will wait a day to see what is charged.

I did not update the app yet either..

**UPDATE**

Looked online and the credit went thru, i was charged $1.66 instead of 16.66

travel_mav Apr 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by michelle227 (Post 28223978)

Does the emailed receipt after delivery no longer apply the credit?

mrlemm Apr 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by travel_mav (Post 28228725)
Does the emailed receipt after delivery no longer apply the credit?

the receipt showed credit being applied

Credits -15.00

CHARGED $1.66
Personal ••••

mattvorwald Apr 27, 2017 9:21 am

So... I discovered last night there is a way to get multiple $15 credits per month. That was neat. :)

hiima Apr 27, 2017 9:23 am

Originally Posted by mattvorwald (Post 28236533)
So... I discovered last night there is a way to get multiple $15 credits per month. That was neat. :)

Which is... Pm me?

mattvorwald Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 28236545)
Which is... Pm me?

Which is an awesome loophole that if spread publicly would be shut down immediately.