FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1832025-usa-personal-platinum-uber-200-year-credit-2017-2019-a.html)

JHake10 Mar 30, 2017 11:50 am

Originally Posted by kyh (Post 28106895)
Hi all, is anyone able to see the Uber VIP option for those that are in NYC? Anyone mind posting a screenshot on how it should look like? I have the $15 credit showed up on my account but did not see anything related to the VIP option.

I would like to know this as well. I don't see VIP anywhere in my profile.

SP03 Mar 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by sparviero (Post 28106771)
Las Vegas, NV. Unfortunately the activation fee of $2.50 did not get reimbursed.
Also, this was my first time trying it, and apparently you don't prepay for the rides, you just prepay the activation fee for all of them and then you have flat rates for 30 days.

More info: https://www.uber.com/info/plus/lasvegas/

I don't think this will work either. I have Uber credits from gift card and purchased the option to get flat rates in the past. Charged my credit card instead of using gift card credits. I assume this would be the same.

wahooflyer Mar 30, 2017 12:04 pm

I just ordered Uber Eats for lunch with my Platinum card and it appears that the $15 credit was NOT applied. It shows in my apps (both Eats and passenger) but the receipt shows the full $16.06 for my lunch was charged to my Amex. Very disappointed although not surprised.

Troopers Mar 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Confirming credit is valid for Uber EATS. After delivery, received email with $0.00 charged on credit card. Order was less than $15, remaining balance/credit appears on Uber and Uber EATS apps.

Troopers Mar 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by wahooflyer (Post 28107439)
I just ordered Uber Eats for lunch with my Platinum card and it appears that the $15 credit was NOT applied. It shows in my apps (both Eats and passenger) but the receipt shows the full $16.06 for my lunch was charged to my Amex. Very disappointed although not surprised.

Has the food been delivered? Mine showed the same until after the delivery email.

wahooflyer Mar 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 28107459)
Has the food been delivered? Mine showed the same until after the delivery email.

Oops, you're right. Once the driver got here, the receipt came through in my email for just $1.06. I suppose the $16.06 charge to the Amex will just drop off in a few days.

My tummy and wallet are happy!

tomwhom Mar 30, 2017 12:42 pm

It's about lunch time in Bay area and I plan to order lunch now. Since this is my first use of Uber Eats and I got the free delivery code from Uber Eats once I downloaded the App. Can I use this promotion code with $15 credit?

sparviero Mar 30, 2017 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom (Post 28107636)
It's about lunch time in Bay area and I plan to order lunch now. Since this is my first use of Uber Eats and I got the free delivery code from Uber Eats once I downloaded the App. Can I use this promotion code with $15 credit?

Yes. I signed up for Uber Eats today, applied a new member $15 promo, and ordered something for ~$17 total. $15 was deducted from the promo, bringing the total to ~$2. After the food was delivered, I got an email that showed the ~$2 was covered by the $15 Amex credit and my new credit balance is ~$13.

http://i.imgur.com/6aBxcEV.png

javabytes Mar 30, 2017 1:03 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kyh (Post 28106895)
Hi all, is anyone able to see the Uber VIP option for those that are in NYC? Anyone mind posting a screenshot on how it should look like? I have the $15 credit showed up on my account but did not see anything related to the VIP option.

I only see UberX VIP. Nothing over on the Premium tab. Posting from my phone using FT attachments, so my apologies that this is probably going to be a giant screenshot for desktop users.

kyh Mar 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom (Post 28107636)

I just did. This is my first time ordering Uber Eats and I had a $22 promo code. My lunch was about $27, and it came to $5 with $22 off. I have a pending charge of $5 on Amex and I just checked my credit balance for Uber and it dropped from $15 to $10.

So my $27 meal was free ($22 first order promo code + $5 Amex Uber credit) and I still have $10 remaining credit to use.

JHake10 Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes (Post 28107709)
I only see UberX VIP. Nothing over on the Premium tab. Posting from my phone using FT attachments, so my apologies that this is probably going to be a giant screenshot for desktop users.

I got the credit on my account but don't see VIP as shown in the screenshot. I'm in NYC as well, so the service is available. :confused:

WantsAmex Mar 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10 (Post 28107372)
I would like to know this as well. I don't see VIP anywhere in my profile.

I dont see it either under UberX. There is no Uber Black VIP, since Uber Black is considered "VIP" by default.

tomwhom Mar 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by sparviero (Post 28107697)
Yes. I signed up for Uber Eats today, applied a new member $15 promo, and ordered something for ~$17 total. $15 was deducted from the promo, bringing the total to ~$2. After the food was delivered, I got an email that showed the ~$2 was covered by the $15 Amex credit and my new credit balance is ~$13.

Yes I just finished my lunch, it's working like a charm!

United747 Mar 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by WantsAmex (Post 28107896)
I dont see it either under UberX. There is no Uber Black VIP, since Uber Black is considered "VIP" by default.

I am in the same boat. I am wondering if only certain cities have VIP? From a quick google search, NYC, DFW, DC, and Denver come up. But no others. I'm in Chicago right now. Won't be traveling for another two weeks to try it in SDF.

GiantCow Mar 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Yes, only certain markets have VIP.