FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1832025-usa-personal-platinum-uber-200-year-credit-2017-2019-a.html)

seawolf Mar 31, 17 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 28113108)
Am I the only person this $15 credit is not working for?? I've entered my personal AMEX PLAT as a payment option. I initially get a notice in the Uber app that I'm going to be getting my $15 per month (+ extra $20 in December). Then I never see it again.

I've used UberEATS once and taken 2 UBER trips, but no mention of a discount off the price. I've contacted UBER and they keep asking me for a promo code or a screenshot. They don't know their own promos! When I actually get a response from them, it's a "canned" answer that doesn't answer my question or help me at all. I keep reading that I can "toggle" between turning the $15 credit on or off, but I don't see this in the app.

The only complication I can think of is that I have approx $80 in credits from an UBER gift card and that messes up the functionality of the AMEX PLAT credit. Of course, UBER Support is useless for getting a useful answer and AMEX customer service, while they at least try, just gives me a link to contact UBER support. Round and round I go! :confused:

Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I missing a step? Thanks y'all!

I have gift cards as well. The Amex credit appears as it's own line in the Credits section of the Payment screen. The $15 appears above the gift card balance. It appears if you want to use the Amex $15 and have a gift card balance, the remainder after the $15 will be deducted from the gift card balance.

Gig103 Mar 31, 17 4:47 pm

The fact that UberEATS is working, despite not being listed as a valid charge, makes me hope it's like the Airline credit (where we can often buy gift cards to qualify but not airfare directly).

EDIT: A question. For those who have used UberEats successfully, do you also have an Uber (ride) account? I still haven't used Uber for any service so it's going to all be new accounts for me.

gm9928 Mar 31, 17 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 28113134)
If you're in the Uber app, go to the hamburger menu and tap on "Payment" - in there, you should see "Amex Benefits" under your Plat card if it's linked correctly.

Go back out to the main screen and make like you're requesting a ride. Just about the Request button you should have a line that shows your Profile and payment method. Tap on it. I can't remember if it's on the next screen, or if you have to tap again into Payment Options, but there should be a toggle there to turn the use of credits on or off.

IIRC, this was defaulted to ON for my Personal profile, but defaulted to OFF for my Business profile.

Interesting note - I do not see this toggle anymore, I'm guessing because I spent all my credits earlier today.

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 28113156)
I have gift cards as well. The Amex credit appears as it's own line in the Credits section of the Payment screen. The $15 appears above the gift card balance. It appears if you want to use the Amex $15 and have a gift card balance, the remainder after the $15 will be deducted from the gift card balance.

THANKS!! I see it now! For the love of GOD, why can't they put that "Apply Credits" toggle switch also on the "Payments" page??

Flyertalkers are the best!

gm9928 Mar 31, 17 5:36 pm

Now that I've found the "toggle" switch in the UBER ride app, how do I use the AMEX credit in UBEREats? I don't see such a toggle or other option in UBEREats.

(And, again, this may be complicated by the fact that I have gift card credits in the UBER ride app.)

Thanks

ehuang03 Mar 31, 17 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 28113357)
Now that I've found the "toggle" switch in the UBER ride app, how do I use the AMEX credit in UBEREats? I don't see such a toggle or other option in UBEREats.

(And, again, this may be complicated by the fact that I have gift card credits in the UBER ride app.)

Thanks

Just log into your Uber Eats with your uber log in. You should see the credit for it already on there.

ehuang03 Mar 31, 17 5:49 pm

Since I never use Uber and they don't offer Uber Eats where I'm at. I bought a buddy a meal a few states away. Went through smoothly.

seawolf Mar 31, 17 6:26 pm

For those using UberEATS for the very first time despite being a Uber member, you qualify for new user UberEATS promo. Just google for some promo code. It stacks with the AMEX $15 credit. That's what I did today.

dhuey Mar 31, 17 8:02 pm

$30 in free food tonight via Uber eats (my wife and I both have personal Plats). Yum!

gooselee Mar 31, 17 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103 (Post 28113195)
The fact that UberEATS is working, despite not being listed as a valid charge, makes me hope it's like the Airline credit (where we can often buy gift cards to qualify but not airfare directly).

EDIT: A question. For those who have used UberEats successfully, do you also have an Uber (ride) account? I still haven't used Uber for any service so it's going to all be new accounts for me.

I have had both regular Uber and UberEats accounts for quite a while, and use both frequently.

krazykanuck Mar 31, 17 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey (Post 28113720)
$30 in free food tonight via Uber eats (my wife and I both have personal Plats). Yum!

I ordered myself some lunch from the Mediterranean restaurant that's near my office but I'm too lazy to ever drive to. $15.80 = 80 cent lunch. It was such a big serving I actually split it into 2 so it was lunch and dinner. :p

The "booking fee", I guess it makes more sense to call it a delivery charge, is $3.99 in the SW Houston suburbs.

Tofe Mar 31, 17 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 28113492)
For those using UberEATS for the very first time despite being a Uber member, you qualify for new user UberEATS promo. Just google for some promo code. It stacks with the AMEX $15 credit. That's what I did today.

I tried to add different codes. One finally said promo applied but then nothing was deducted from the final receipt. Which code did you use if you dont mind me asking? I want to try and submit a claim? Thank you.

ijgordon Mar 31, 17 10:33 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Well there seems to be some type of bug with the receipts that led me to question whether the discount worked properly. Looks like I was charged $15 for a base fare of ~$20. I contacted support, and after a little back and forth, was told that the credit wouldn't be applied until April 1st. :confused:

But then I checked my Amex account online and it looks like I am actually only being charged the ~$5.

StatusChallenged Mar 31, 17 11:29 pm

Did anyone see the Uber offer for hamilton tickets? 4/1 1PM, New York. Not sure about Chicago

Robl Apr 1, 17 6:18 am

Noob question. What does "basic card" mean. My son is the only one who uses Uber and is an AU on my account. If he puts his AU card in the Uber app does he get the discount or it has to be my card?

krazykanuck Apr 1, 17 8:36 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged (Post 28114214)
Did anyone see the Uber offer for hamilton tickets? 4/1 1PM, New York. Not sure about Chicago

I saw in my email something about Chicago Bulls tickets gievaway. I wish it had been more specific about the date, buy I guess i assume it's today.