FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

mooper Jan 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Travelkiki (Post 26101329)
Purchased 4 $50 e-gift cards on 1/23/16. No credits yet.

Please see Wiki. A delay of a week or more is quite normal. Best to post outlier events only.

Stgermainparis Jan 31, 2016 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by miles_navigator (Post 26048772)
If I purchase eGift Card (eCerts) using my AMEX card can I use that amount to pay for taxed on a DL award ticket. Taxes per person are in the $53 range. I am getting mixed views when reviewing other threads.

I tried to do this but it didn't work. No go online; no go by phone. You may be able to get the reimbursement as a credit for the taxes (though technically you're not supposed to). I'd go ahead and use the Amex for the taxes, see if you credit, and if you don't, then buy GCs.

Noob.Flyer Jan 31, 2016 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 25946434)
Have you read the wiki and the collective information in this thread?

@:-)@:-)@:-)

Where can i see the wiki? Link pls. Thanks

mia Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Noob.Flyer (Post 26112438)
Where can i see the wiki? Link pls. Thanks

The Wiki is at the very top of this thread. You cannot see it if using Flyertalk's Mobile View, only visible in the Desktop View.

mooper Feb 1, 2016 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 26112484)
The Wiki is at the very top of this thread. You cannot see it if using Flyertalk's Mobile View, only visible in the Desktop View.

And if on mobile but you still want to see the Wiki, you can select the "view as desktop" option in your browser. Tougher to read that way, but accessible.

jfriend33 Feb 2, 2016 8:44 pm

What are the options with reselling delta electronic gift cards? If a person is only selling 2 or 3 just once is that a problem? I have seen them sell on eBay for $45 or so.

I know they don't expire so I'm not going to be bummed if it's not advised to do this.

I actually fly delta quite often and was thinking about buying 2 from someone I know.

I don't really see the problem since they are such small amounts? I do see them on gift card granny from time to time.

BillyBaloney Feb 3, 2016 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney (Post 26092283)
Bought 2x$50 eCerts on 1/26/16. Will update when credits post!

• Pending transaction was for $100
  • Posted as two, separate $50 charges like everybody said it would
  • Two, separate $50 Airline Fee reimbursements posted today Feb. 3rd

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!

mooper Feb 4, 2016 9:09 am

Originally Posted by jfriend33 (Post 26124280)
What are the options with reselling delta electronic gift cards? If a person is only selling 2 or 3 just once is that a problem? I have seen them sell on eBay for $45 or so.

eCerts diff from the credits that post to your account for IRROPS, etc. T&Cs linked in Wiki. I don't see anything prohibiting resale, transfers, etc. You won't get full value, but if you do it right you shouldn't lose more than 10% or so.

gooselee Feb 5, 2016 9:32 am

I've always used my credit to cover award fees, some in excess of $100 in the past. But I booked an award with ~$85 in taxes/fees last week, and have yet to see the reimbursement come through.

Maybe it's just delayed, but I've never had to wait more than 2-3 business days after posting to see the credit.

FWIW, I'm relatively sure the intent of the T&C language saying "award tickets" are ineligible is to exclude the coverage of the award taxes/fees, but in theory, my miles are buying the award "ticket" and the taxes/fees are therefore NOT excluded by that language. :p

To further confuse matters, last month I used an Amex companion cert and the $28.20 in taxes for the companion were reimbursed in 2 days.

EWR-6785 Feb 5, 2016 11:58 am

Upgrade to Comfort+/ Business

1. The app and DL website gives an option to upgrade an existing ticket to C+ or Business. Historically this would be reimbursed, but does anyone have recent experience? DL has been changing around how it handles these, and either now or in May will treat them as separate fare classes, so I'm not sure whether DL posts this is a re-fare or other charge.

2. I assume that if I choose to upgrade to C+ or Business/First at time of initial ticketing, I wouldn't get any reimbursement from AMEX. Is that correct?

Any advice on how to manage this would be appreciated.

BillyBaloney Feb 10, 2016 10:33 am

I realize we are all talking about MR credit but I have a related question...

I also recently was approved for the Delta Gold CC from AMEX. This card comes with a $50 credit for Delta purchases, as long as the purchase is made within the first 3-months that one has the card. So....does anyone know if the $50 e-cert would kick in the $50 credit on the Delta Gold CC from AMEX? I'm thinking it might work the same way, but have no idea.

Tofe Feb 10, 2016 1:42 pm

purchased (4) $50 e-certs on 1/29, all (4) credits posted on 2/4. woot.

mooper Feb 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney (Post 26163006)
I also recently was approved for the Delta Gold CC from AMEX. This card comes with a $50 credit for Delta purchases, as long as the purchase is made within the first 3-months that one has the card. So....does anyone know if the $50 e-cert would kick in the $50 credit on the Delta Gold CC from AMEX? I'm thinking it might work the same way, but have no idea.

The key is that the charge posts as being from Delta, and with eCerts, it does, so my guess is your idea will work just fine. Not much for you to lose by trying, as the eCert never expires so I'm sure you'll use it at some point.

yugi Feb 16, 2016 11:32 pm

After a few PGGMs I've got -$380 balance on my card. I'd like to cancel now, as AF is coming soon. Should I ask for a check?

BillyBaloney Feb 17, 2016 6:40 am

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 26180046)
The key is that the charge posts as being from Delta, and with eCerts, it does, so my guess is your idea will work just fine. Not much for you to lose by trying, as the eCert never expires so I'm sure you'll use it at some point.

Got it on the Delta Gold card:

Transaction was on Feb 11th, for $50 for an e-cert
Posted as:

Doing business as:
DELTA AIR LINES DELTA.COM
ATLANTA AIRPORT
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: 18002211212
DELTA AIR LINES
Reference: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx