FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

mooper Jan 11, 2016 10:19 am

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 25995193)
None of what I reported is in the Wikki.

You're correct, my apologies. I was looking just at your note about the posting turnaround. Thanks for adding the additional reimbursement types to the list.

Harzstyle Jan 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Purchased a quantity of 2 at $50 each for the yearly $100 credit.

Charges are pending at $100 even. Hopefully when they post it will be two charges of $50. I'll keep you all posted.

For the record, I read everything above.

Points Scrounger Jan 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Deleted by author

g8trgr8t Jan 14, 2016 7:47 am

purchased 4 * $50 delta ecerts and received all 4 but nocharges ever showed up on amex plat biz card. It has been over a week now and charges still haven't shown up. I did validate the ecerts with Delta and they are active.

anybody else have this happen?

mooper Jan 14, 2016 8:44 am

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t (Post 26017160)
purchased 4 * $50 delta ecerts and received all 4 but nocharges ever showed up on amex plat biz card. It has been over a week now and charges still haven't shown up. I did validate the ecerts with Delta and they are active.

anybody else have this happen?

Charges, or credit? If the charges didn't show, be happy and hope they never do... free e-certs! If you're worried about the credit, see all points in the Wiki, make sure you qualified in all respects, and give it a couple weeks, at least.

g8trgr8t Jan 14, 2016 10:08 am

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 26017477)
Charges, or credit? If the charges didn't show, be happy and hope they never do... free e-certs! If you're worried about the credit, see all points in the Wiki, make sure you qualified in all respects, and give it a couple weeks, at least.

charges...and not complaining :), not concerned about credits, just wondering if charges were being delayed by Delta for some reason as I want to change my elected carrier to United but have to do so in January.

eajusa Jan 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Do read the Wikki

Well, I know that I read the Wikki, because I have added to it. I also remember reading different posts in this thread. In spite of this, I foolishly forgot to keep my DL gift card purchase to $50. Since I had $67 left on my 2016 DL reimbursement, I ordered a $70 card. When it did not get reimbursed in a few days, I visited the Wikki to double check the instructions on getting the credit and there it was "$50." I was so ticked off at myself, I decided to stop jumping through hoops to get my moneys worth from the PLAT Card. It is almost impossible to get all my $200 back from baggage fees and the like. Each airline has its quirks when it comes to such things as getting gift cards reimbursed. Long story short I called to cancel my card. I'm glad I made the call.

Because it is against the rules to cross post, I relate the incentive Amex provided me in the thread where retention bonuses are posted.http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etention+bonus

gooselee Jan 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 26033191)
Well, I know that I read the Wikki, because I have added to it. I also remember reading different posts in this thread. In spite of this, I foolishly forgot to keep my DL gift card purchase to $50. Since I had $67 left on my 2016 DL reimbursement, I ordered a $70 card. When it did not get reimbursed in a few days, I visited the Wikki to double check the instructions on getting the credit and there it was "$50." I was so ticked off at myself, I decided to stop jumping through hoops to get my moneys worth from the PLAT Card. It is almost impossible to get all my $200 back from baggage fees and the like. Each airline has its quirks when it comes to such things as getting gift cards reimbursed. Long story short I called to cancel my card. I'm glad I made the call.

Because it is against the rules to cross post, I relate the incentive Amex provided me in the thread where retention bonuses are posted.http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etention+bonus

Haven't read your other post yet, but if you don't feel like the Plat is worth its AF, of course you should cancel or get a retention bonus.

But I disagree with folks who get upset at their own issues with using a loophole to get credit for something that is specifically ineligible for the benefit. Choose a different airline, then, or be okay with not spending anything on fees.

I get my $200 back quite easily in award fees every year, often on just a single intl trip with Mrs. Lee. IMO it's ridiculous to complain about it being "difficult" to circumvent the rules of this benefit.

gooselee Jan 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Harzstyle (Post 26001152)
Purchased a quantity of 2 at $50 each for the yearly $100 credit.

Charges are pending at $100 even. Hopefully when they post it will be two charges of $50. I'll keep you all posted.

For the record, I read everything above.

As posted previously (maybe not in wiki, can't see it on mobile), the charges will authorize as one total sum but will end up posting as separate $50 amounts. This is normal.

eajusa Jan 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 26033504)
I get my $200 back quite easily in award fees every year, often on just a single intl trip with Mrs. Lee.

In the T&C it says "Airline tickets, upgrades, mileage points purchases, mileage points transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, and award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees." I am so glad you have such an easy time circumventing the rules.

mjrkjm Jan 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Does airline reimbursement count towards spend?

Just got my new Amex card. Working on my spend to hit the MR bonus. Does the DL e-gift card reimbursement count towards my spend?

PS read through some of the thread, searched and read the wiki but couldn't find anything.

globetrotter415 Jan 17, 2016 11:43 pm

charged $200 on 1/12 and got reimbursed 1/15. i love how quickly the credit posts. thumbs up amex!

mooper Jan 18, 2016 8:47 am

Originally Posted by mjrkjm (Post 26034853)
Just got my new Amex card. Working on my spend to hit the MR bonus. Does the DL e-gift card reimbursement count towards my spend?

PS read through some of the thread, searched and read the wiki but couldn't find anything.

Gift card spending counts towards spending thresholds, however, refunded gift card spending (or any other qualifying charges that are later refunded) will not count.

mia Jan 18, 2016 10:53 am

Moderator action

Posts from 2011 through 2015 have been archived to a closed thread. There is a link in the Wikipost.

To be automatically notified of new replies click HERE to Subscribe. You need to do this again if you had subscribed to the previous thread.

miles_navigator Jan 20, 2016 7:01 am

Can eGift Card (eCert) be used for award taxes?

If I purchase eGift Card (eCerts) using my AMEX card can I use that amount to pay for taxed on a DL award ticket. Taxes per person are in the $53 range. I am getting mixed views when reviewing other threads.