FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

Beckles Jan 6, 16 10:09 am

Originally Posted by soxfanndc (Post 25956081)
just circling back to thank the members of this forum. If I'd relied SOLELY on Amex I would have been resigned to think that the credit was not usable towards a FC UG offer. Lo and behold, as reported here, it IS. So thankful for this forum.

So I charged $191 worth of UG offers on 12/28. The purchases posted on 12/29 and was reimbursed on 1/1. Confirmed w/ Amex that it counts towards '15 credit and yes it does.

THANKS AGAIN forum. VERY helpful!!!!

I've been using this benefit since its inception, in my experience AMEX's implementation has always been more generous than the written rules (not just with Delta), this is a good thing for cardholders.

You will get reimbursed for everything AMEX says you will. You may get reimbursed for things AMEX says you won't.

npf125 Jan 6, 16 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 25971743)
You will get reimbursed for everything AMEX says you will. You may get reimbursed for things AMEX says you won't.

True, and it isn't as if AMEX has no awareness of the issue from forums like this. But loopholes do become an issue when the information about them becomes more widely available. For example, one of the Boarding Area forums today has the following headline: "$50 e-gift card sweet spot for AMEX Platinum card Delta 'Airline fee reimbursement' 2016 (personal and business)." Now the odds are greater the the loophole changes from being only a FT sub-forum topic to something AMEX may no longer ignore.

Macosty Jan 6, 16 4:01 pm

Did $100 on PRG that posted on Jan 3 for delta - still awaiting credit. Did Platinum for southwest same day but posted on the 2nd and got credit on the 3rd.....weird that they would give one credit so quickly and not the other.

njmama Jan 6, 16 5:26 pm

Delta Gift Card Question

Has anyone had any success getting a credit for a 200 gift card purchase? Is there any point in chatting AMEX?

Macosty Jan 8, 16 8:01 am

Anyone have a $100 delta gc get credited on their PRG yet this year? I had a $100 SW gc on my plat go through but the $100 delta on my PRG has not come through after 5 days...wondering if I should have done $50?

mooper Jan 8, 16 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Macosty (Post 25983391)
Anyone have a $100 delta gc get credited on their PRG yet this year? I had a $100 SW gc on my plat go through but the $100 delta on my PRG has not come through after 5 days...wondering if I should have done $50?

Originally Posted by njmama (Post 25974269)
Has anyone had any success getting a credit for a 200 gift card purchase? Is there any point in chatting AMEX?

Please see the Wiki for answers to all of these questions.

superpanjy Jan 8, 16 11:32 am

data point. bought $50 X 4 egift card on Jan 5th, posted on Jan 7th, reimbursement posted Jan 8th

bizum Jan 8, 16 1:05 pm

$50

Originally Posted by bizum (Post 25959741)
In my case it looks like it was based on purchase date

dec 31 - purchased gift cert for AS
jan 1st - changed my airline selection to DL
jan 3rd - reimbursement posted

jan 5 - purchased $50 DL egift (statement date 6th)
jan 8 - reimbursement posted (statement date 7th)

strange thing is I also see a "AIRFLIGHT INSURANCE PREMIUM" $4.99 charge on 7th???

eajusa Jan 8, 16 3:48 pm

Bought two $59 mileage boosters and one $15 priority boarding that posted on Jan.3 reimbursed Jan. 4.

mooper Jan 10, 16 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa (Post 25986474)
Bought two $59 mileage boosters and one $15 priority boarding that posted on Jan.3 reimbursed Jan. 4.

Originally Posted by bizum (Post 25985577)
jan 5 - purchased $50 DL egift (statement date 6th)
jan 8 - reimbursement posted (statement date 7th)?

Originally Posted by superpanjy (Post 25984940)
data point. bought $50 X 4 egift card on Jan 5th, posted on Jan 7th, reimbursement posted Jan 8th

All within the normal parameters listed in the Wiki. For the benefit of those who look here for notable changes, information, or help with the process, probably best to report only outliers.

eajusa Jan 10, 16 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 25995043)
All within the normal parameters listed in the Wiki. For the benefit of those who look here for notable changes, information, or help with the process, probably best to report only outliers.

None of what I reported is in the Wikki.

sethb Jan 10, 16 7:20 pm

I added priority boarding fees to the wiki.

Why are Global Entry fees listed? Those aren't paid to an airline. (They're reimbursed by the Platinum Card as a separate benefit entirely.)

eajusa Jan 10, 16 7:54 pm

You're correct. The GE fee credit is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Airline incidentals reimbursement. I have edited the Wikki to note this.

joscofra Jan 11, 16 7:43 am

PGGM used for both Plat and PRG. charges posted 1/7, reimbursed 1/11.

amolkold Jan 11, 16 11:14 am

I know Econ Comfort used to be reimbursed, has anything changed for Comfort + upgrade? Have a flight I want to upgrade and wonder if Amex will reimburse.