FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

pallhedge Feb 21, 18 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bas387 (Post 29442211)

Ah thanks for pointing that out. The feed was messy so I overlooked. The sarcasm was superb as well!

Sarcasm is my native language. It's not often appreciated for the humor with which it is intended. Cheers!

gooselee Feb 21, 18 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka (Post 29442620)
Has anyone used the $200 airline credit from the Aspire Hilton Card for Delta?

I was looking to use the credit to pay for taxes on an international trip. Will this work? anyone with experience on this?

If this doesn't work, will Delta GC allow me to pay for taxes? I asked because AA didn't allow me to use their GC to pay for taxes :(

GCs cannot be used to pay award fees on DL.

Per the wiki, taxes/fees on award tickets are often reimbursed, though the T&Cs do exclude them so if it fails to reimburse automatically you may have difficulty getting Amex to manually process a credit.

ponickka Feb 21, 18 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 29443569)
GCs cannot be used to pay award fees on DL.

Per the wiki, taxes/fees on award tickets are often reimbursed, though the T&Cs do exclude them so if it fails to reimburse automatically you may have difficulty getting Amex to manually process a credit.

Thanks for the information. I also got the same response via a chat with a rep.

ponickka Feb 23, 18 12:15 pm

Any luck with getting award taxes/fees credit in recent months? Looking to book an international one way and was wondering if I can get the taxes credited by using the Hilton Aspire

ncsuactor84FT Feb 24, 18 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT (Post 29442290)
Tested the waters by purchasing a $50 eCert that posted on Feb 13th. Reimbursed on Feb 14th.

Just bought 3x$50 certs to use the rest of my credit... am getting a little nervous because it shows a pending charge of $150 not three separate $50 charges like it said on the wiki. Will report w/ my success or not.

Yep! Sure enough they posted as three separate $50 charges and I got three credits the next day!

tiburontucson Feb 26, 18 1:26 pm

Does Delta one day SC pass purchase at airport code as DL?

Have both PRG and Delta Gold Skymiles cc. I've already used/been reimbursed for my Skymiles delta statement credit. I understand the one day skyclub pass for Skymiles Gold cc holders is $29, versus the standard $59. Do you have to USE the Gold Skymiles cc to get this price? I haven't used/been reimbursed my $100 airline credit from my PRG yet, so can I purchase the one day pass with my PRG, and get reimbursed? Wondering whether the one day SC pass purchase codes as "Delta" or are these clubs run by some third party company?

mia Feb 26, 18 5:45 pm

Delta Sky Club Access, Reduced Fee
Delta Sky Club® Discounted Rate benefit ($29 per person) is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members and up to two guests and may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline. Benefit permits access to one Club location and is not transferable to another Club. Payment must be made in person with a Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Children under 2 years of age may accompany the Card Member for free. Card Member must be at least 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also accessing the Club using the Discounted Rate benefit or as a Club member. Please drink responsibly. Partner lounges are not included. Note that amenities may vary among airport club locations. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a fee. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Offer and rules subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...0/#offer-terms

geclub1 Feb 27, 18 7:24 pm

About GC usage: If I use 3x$50 Delta GC to pay for a booking of $120, how soon will Delta issue the remaining $30 GC back to me?
Update: Upon checking, the 3rd GC retains that $30.

Bas387 Mar 1, 18 9:10 am

Data Point

​​​​​Airline: Delta
Purchased: 2/26 (1x$50)
Posted: 2/27
Credit: 2/28

mrn0363 Mar 6, 18 8:59 am

I purchased 2x$50 gift cards for Delta and was promptly reimbursed for the charges. I then used those 2 gift cards to buy a $211 ticket putting the remaining $111 on my Amex Platinum. I was promptly reimbursed $100.

Has anyone else tried this? Could you buy 1 $50 gift card and use the remaining $150 to purchase a ticket?

gixxer32 Mar 8, 18 8:35 pm

I bought 4x $50 Delta Gift cards on the Delta site. I have Delta as my airline through the platinum. The 4x $50 payments posted, but I didn't get credited. Will wait a few days. Will post results.

Forum_User Mar 8, 18 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by gixxer32 (Post 29502718)
I bought 4x $50 Delta Gift cards on the Delta site. I have Delta as my airline through the platinum. The 4x $50 payments posted, but I didn't get credited. Will wait a few days. Will post results.

That happened to me last year, I opened a chat and explained it was 4 seat upgrades and got my credit.

gixxer32 Mar 9, 18 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Forum_User (Post 29502915)
That happened to me last year, I opened a chat and explained it was 4 seat upgrades and got my credit.

I see a lot of people is having success doing the $50, and I did exactly as the wiki said and still don't see any credit a day after the charge posted. I'm going to give it a week. If I don't see a credit, I'm not attempting the gift card thing anymore. If the terms say I will not get credit, I'm not going to try it anyway. Just going to use the credit for what amex allows me. It's good that people are having success, but I'm not.

mia Mar 9, 18 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by gixxer32 (Post 29505873)
...I did exactly as the wiki said...

Are your card transactions billed by Delta or by CashStar?

yesvak Mar 9, 18 5:33 pm

Reimbursed

Just followed the instructions. Purchased 4x$50 online, reimbursed 2 days after posting to my account.