FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

wspfan Apr 11, 16 3:27 pm

Quick Question. Had my other user make Delta purchases of $29 X 2 at Skyclub. Got $58 credit ($29 times 2). I have $142 left. If I purchase three $50 gift cards, will i get credits of $50, $50, and $42 from Amex?? Thanks for the help!!

tomasdev Apr 11, 16 3:29 pm

@wspfan Yes! :)

wspfan Apr 11, 16 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 26470514)
@wspfan Yes! :)

Thank you kindly!!! :D

Macosty Apr 22, 16 5:05 pm

Can you use E-Certs for anything other then fares? I had some left over from 2015 and wanted to upgrade a reward flight to econ comfort but only credit cards are offered for paying. I wouldn't put it past delta to not allow people to use a gift card on these types of things but just wanted to see if anyone knows for sure.

Also can you use them for taxes on award tickets?

mia Apr 22, 16 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Macosty (Post 26522626)
Can you use E-Certs for anything other then fares?

eGifts and Cards may only be used for the total purchase price of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation. They may not be used for any additional fees (including baggage fees) or for any other products or services (including class upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating, mileage booster, SkyMiles Cruises, cargo, hotel stays, or car rentals).

eGifts and Cards may only be used for travel on Delta Air Lines marketed flights, including those operated as Delta Connection® and by Delta Air Lines codeshare partners with a Delta Air Lines flight number.
eGifts and Cards may only be used for the Delta Air Lines air transportation portion of a Delta Vacations package.

This issue is also discussed (inconclusively) in the Delta forum, which is where I would look for the answer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-booking.html

Macosty Apr 22, 16 5:41 pm

Thanks Mia

bsternad Apr 24, 16 1:28 pm

Any data points on people being reimbursed for upgrades on existing tickets.... Such as AMEX reimbursing for an upgrade to Comfort Plus?

gooselee Apr 27, 16 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by bsternad (Post 26528894)
Any data points on people being reimbursed for upgrades on existing tickets.... Such as AMEX reimbursing for an upgrade to Comfort Plus?

I got reimbursed for the C+ upgrades a couple years ago, back when it was like $19 to move to "Economy Comfort".

ncb_phantom Apr 28, 16 8:31 pm

I made 3 e-gift purchases of $65 on 23 April and I haven't been reimbursed yet for the flight credit. Is this something that I am gonna end up having to eat?

gooselee Apr 28, 16 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by ncb_phantom (Post 26550495)
I made 3 e-gift purchases of $65 on 23 April and I haven't been reimbursed yet for the flight credit. Is this something that I am gonna end up having to eat?

Possibly, as most success reported here is for eGift denominations of $50 or less.

But you're not really losing anything... You do still have effectively $195 of credit to spend on DL tickets.

ncb_phantom Apr 29, 16 12:34 am

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 26551031)
Possibly, as most success reported here is for eGift denominations of $50 or less.

But you're not really losing anything... You do still have effectively $195 of credit to spend on DL tickets.

That's true. I am getting the hang of this. I just got a credit for Global Entry and I did the application roughly two days ago

Nathan Drake May 2, 16 8:50 am

Bought for 4 e-gift cards for $50 each with Plat.

Purchase date 4/27, reimbursed 4/29

ncb_phantom May 4, 16 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Nathan Drake (Post 26565115)
Bought for 4 e-gift cards for $50 each with Plat.

Purchase date 4/27, reimbursed 4/29

Were they billed as tickets? Did you buy all 4 at once?

mooper May 5, 16 9:05 am

Originally Posted by ncb_phantom (Post 26577713)
Were they billed as tickets? Did you buy all 4 at once?

Please see Wiki at the top of this thread for what is required for it to work.

ncb_phantom May 7, 16 9:06 pm

It's all good. I got reimbursed today. So I am content.