FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

GoHogsAR Jan 3, 16 10:52 am


Originally Posted by brazzleman (Post 25950280)
Similar question. Purchased 12/31, posted 1/1; the plan was to have applied to 2015 benefits. If it gets applied to 2016, can reps fix this?

No. Read my post a few up from this one. It's based on the posting date, not the purchase date. Lesson learned for me.

floridagal23 Jan 3, 16 11:01 am


Originally Posted by GoHogsAR (Post 25954042)
No. Read my post a few up from this one. It's based on the posting date, not the purchase date. Lesson learned for me.

This wasn't the case for us. Just sorted this out for purchases on 12/31/14 with two different agents, two different cards. Got the 2014 credit applied and 2015 credits were available for use.

GoHogsAR Jan 3, 16 11:16 am


Originally Posted by floridagal23 (Post 25954089)
This wasn't the case for us. Just sorted this out for purchases on 12/31/14 with two different agents, two different cards. Got the 2014 credit applied and 2015 credits were available for use.

Interesting. Guess I should have HUCA.

soxfanndc Jan 3, 16 6:46 pm

just circling back to thank the members of this forum. If I'd relied SOLELY on Amex I would have been resigned to think that the credit was not usable towards a FC UG offer. Lo and behold, as reported here, it IS. So thankful for this forum.

So I charged $191 worth of UG offers on 12/28. The purchases posted on 12/29 and was reimbursed on 1/1. Confirmed w/ Amex that it counts towards '15 credit and yes it does.

THANKS AGAIN forum. VERY helpful!!!!

floridagal23 Jan 3, 16 6:54 pm


Originally Posted by GoHogsAR (Post 25954152)
Interesting. Guess I should have HUCA.

You need to be very clear with them. Mr Floridagal and my mom both called and were each separately told that they used their 2015 credit on Jan 1 or Jan 2 of this year. I then figured out what had happened and called back to explain.

jmsnyc Jan 3, 16 11:38 pm


Originally Posted by GoHogsAR (Post 25954042)
No. Read my post a few up from this one. It's based on the posting date, not the purchase date. Lesson learned for me.

Its the date the initial transaction posts. Not the date the credit posts? Right?

JamminFlyer Jan 4, 16 7:38 am

2016 Credit
 
Purchased four $50 Delta e-gift certificates on 1/1/15.
Purchases hit my AMEX account on 1/2/15.
Credit from AMEX hit my account on 1/3/15.

floridagal23 Jan 4, 16 7:41 am


Originally Posted by jmsnyc (Post 25957138)
Its the date the initial transaction posts. Not the date the credit posts? Right?

It should be the date that you initiated the purchase but it seems ymmv.

bludevil Jan 4, 16 9:15 am


Originally Posted by JamminFlyer (Post 25958252)
Purchased four $50 Delta e-gift certificates on 1/1/15.
Purchases hit my AMEX account on 1/2/15.
Credit from AMEX hit my account on 1/3/15.

do you mean 2016? I'm trying to figure out if I can go ahead and buy my gift cards for this year (2016)

sethb Jan 4, 16 9:19 am


Originally Posted by bludevil (Post 25958679)
do you mean 2016? I'm trying to figure out if I can go ahead and buy my gift cards for this year (2016)

It's early in 2016, so of course you can. You don't risk it taking until 2017 to post, right?

bizum Jan 4, 16 11:58 am

purchase date
 

Originally Posted by floridagal23 (Post 25958258)
It should be the date that you initiated the purchase but it seems ymmv.

In my case it looks like it was based on purchase date

dec 31 - purchased gift cert for AS
jan 1st - changed my airline selection to DL
jan 3rd - reimbursement posted

steve4 Jan 4, 16 5:02 pm

Purchased two $50 Delta EGift Certificates online on 1/1. Posted on 1/2 and received a $100 credit on 1/3 (AMEX PRG). I wish I had done this last month to get the credit for 2015 as well since I just received the card in October, but I didn't know that the PRG Airline credit worked just like the Platinum card (credit by calendar year) until it was too late. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all.

Duke787 Jan 5, 16 10:04 am

Purchased two $50 Delta eGift Certificates online on 1/2 in the same transaction (per the wiki). Posted on 1/3 (as two separate $50 transactions). Received $100 credit on 1/4 (AMEX PRG)

VisaW Jan 5, 16 11:05 am

Purchased three $50 GCs on 12/23, received statement credits on 12/28.

rocco24 Jan 5, 16 11:22 am

I canceled my platinum card yesterday after receiving the $200 airlines credit and I got 300 refunded back of my $450 annual fees. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.