FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

hickson Jan 2, 2018 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by seinfeld4 (Post 29240845)
Yea. Happened to me too today. Fingers crossed.

Same case. fingers crossed!

Jayme Atkins Jan 2, 2018 10:25 pm

x4 $50 eGift Card

posted 4 separate $50 e gift card transactions for Deltaon 12/28/17 and I知 still waiting to be reimbursed as of 01/02/18.... fingers crossed

DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass Jan 3, 2018 4:33 am

Just dropped by this thread to confirm that the e-cert reimbursements still work. Then saw the caution in the wiki. Are all Delta e-cert purchases after late December getting billed as third-party or is it a hit or miss at this point?

pallhedge Jan 3, 2018 6:02 am

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80 (Post 29243678)
Just dropped by this thread to confirm that the e-cert reimbursements still work. Then saw the caution in the wiki. Are all Delta e-cert purchases after late December getting billed as third-party or is it a hit or miss at this point?

Best we can tell, it seems Delta has outsourced GC purchases to CashStar only on its mobile website. Purchasing GCs via their full site continues to code properly.

DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass Jan 3, 2018 7:04 am

On a related note, will a $50 Delta e-cert purchase satisfy the "statement credit upon first Delta purchase" offer that's been found on the Amex Delta cards? Just recently applied for the Delta Platinum Business and wondering if an e-cert purchase would work in that case as well.

jordbus Jan 3, 2018 7:48 am

Thank you for those that have taken the chance on this for 2018 data points. I am eagerly waiting the results of your reimbursements and will determine how to move forward to use this or another airline for the 2018 reimbursement.

mia Jan 3, 2018 7:59 am

Moderator action

Wikipost updated to summarize what we think we know.

Jayme Atkins Jan 3, 2018 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Flaneurs (Post 29237626)

Interestingly I bought the above GCs on 12/30/17 and they stayed pending until today 1/1/18. They just flipped over from pending to posted with a date of 12/30/17 so it seems last minute might work to still get the charge in the current year. They are still not reimbursed but I dumbly bought them through the mobile site instead of the desktop site. Will check back in if they do get reimbursed. Worst case is that I have some GCs to use that only cost me face value.

i did the same thing it痴 been 6 days with no reimbursement as cstar so I知 thinking I知 not going to get reimbursed since I purchased through the mobile site

simchi Jan 3, 2018 8:38 am

1/1 Changed airline to Delta
1/1 Purchased 2x$50 in one transaction using AU card account using DL website (non-mobile)
1/3 Posted as 2x$50 as "Delta Air Lines Atlanta" dated 1/2
1/4 Reimbursed 2x$50.

bta15 Jan 3, 2018 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80 (Post 29244056)
On a related note, will a $50 Delta e-cert purchase satisfy the "statement credit upon first Delta purchase" offer that's been found on the Amex Delta cards? Just recently applied for the Delta Platinum Business and wondering if an e-cert purchase would work in that case as well.

For me, it worked on my Delta Biz Gold but not on my Delta Personal Gold. I think it was just a glitch, but was still odd.

J_Dub Jan 3, 2018 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Jayme Atkins (Post 29244358)

i did the same thing it痴 been 6 days with no reimbursement as cstar so I知 thinking I知 not going to get reimbursed since I purchased through the mobile site

Yeah, I had read in a points guy post that gift cards still worked for Delta and I was traveling and didn't think to check here first, so the 4 x $50 gift cards I purchased using my phone are from freaking cstar. So I missed out on this year's $200 airline credit, so frustrating!

unmesh Jan 3, 2018 7:36 pm

Can e-certs be used to pay for subsequent seat assignments that require additional payment over the ticketed fare? I may have bought them in haste rather than using the card directly since I can't see Gift Cards as a payment option

mia Jan 3, 2018 8:09 pm

eGifts and Cards may only be used for the total purchase price of air transportation, including taxes, fees, and surcharges imposed on the air transportation. They may not be used for any additional fees (including baggage fees) or for any other products or services (including class upgrades, in-flight purchases, premium seating, mileage booster, SkyMiles Cruises, cargo, hotel stays, or car rentals).
eGifts and Cards may only be used for travel on Delta Air Lines marketed flights, including those operated as Delta Connectionョ and by Delta Air Lines codeshare partners with a Delta Air Lines flight number.
eGifts and Cards may only be used for the Delta Air Lines air transportation portion of a Delta Vacations package

unmesh Jan 3, 2018 8:40 pm

Thanks, mia.

I really should read the terms carefully :(

CLT Jan 3, 2018 9:49 pm

I've never used my AMEX fee credit for DL-I've always used AA and never had a problem. But seeing as I am planning on booking a DL flight this March, I figured I would change it to DL this year.
I purchased the 2 $50 gift-cards on New Years Day, initially on my account as 1 single $100 transaction. On 2 January, they posted to my account as two $50 "DELTA AIR LINES ATLANTA" transactions.
However, upon clicking on each individual charge, it appears that the transaction was coded as a passenger ticket from LAX to LAX. https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5f39ab8dc4.png
It appears the gift card number was used as the ticket number. Is this normal?