FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

xubeisi Dec 18, 17 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by woodford02A (Post 29189288)
Purchased 1x50 on 12/16 and it looks like DL is now using a 3rd party vendor to process gift cards?

DELTA AIR LINES GC
25 PEARL STREET
PORTLAND
ME
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)
Additional Information: xxx GIFT CARDSGIFT CARDS
Reference: xxx
Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase

Maybe it's different for different card? Because my Amex Gold shows for 2x50$ eGift:
Doing business as:
DELTA AIR LINES
View Details on Merchant Website
ATLANTA AIRPORT
-
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES
Category: Travel - Airline

Although not sure they will reinburst it since it shown as "Travel - Airline", will report later.

Diplomatico Dec 18, 17 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by xubeisi (Post 29190017)
Maybe it's different for different card? Because my Amex Gold shows for 2x50$ eGift:
Doing business as:
DELTA AIR LINES
ATLANTA AIRPORT
-
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES

Although not sure they will reinburst it since it shown as "Travel - Airline", will report later.

What was the date of your purchase?

logantobrien Dec 18, 17 8:45 pm

I had two $50 ecerts post on 12/16 that posted as following:

DELTA AIR LINES
ATLANTA AIRPORT
-
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES

After seeing the possible outsourcing I just did another $50 ecert now and it seems to still be posting as a Delta Airlines purchase/the same as above, Are you sure you picked ecert?

applesauce Dec 18, 17 9:39 pm

::EDIT:: Purhased/Posted/Credited during the scare. Per some smart folks below, it seems to be about which website you purchase from. There's a mobile page run by CashStar you need to avoid.

Ordered 12/18
Pending as Delta Airlines Atlanta Georga
Posted 12/20
Credited 12/20

PENDING:
Doing business as:
DELTA AIR LINES
ATLANTA AIRPORT
-
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES

POSTED:
Doing business as:
DELTA AIR LINES DELTA.COM
ATLANTA AIRPORT
-
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES
Additional Information: 123
DELTA AIR LINES
Reference: XYZ
But per the terms when purchasing:

eGifts and Cards are issued by Delta Gift Cards, Inc. ("Delta"), an affiliate of Delta Air Lines, Inc., that is authorized to issue eGifts and Cards for sale by Delta and Delta-licensed vendors to be used toward the total purchase price of air transportation on Delta Air Lines marketed flights.

mia Dec 19, 17 8:17 am

Originally Posted by cpblanco (Post 29189647)
...Has anyone done this lately and if yes, were you reimbursed?

Despite the terms, purchases of $50 Delta electronic gift certificates have been reliably reimbursed for years. It looks as if you may have posted without reviewing recent posts which confirm that this still works, but also report some very recent changes which might preclude reimbursement.

Before doing anything, I suggest that you read the Wikipost at the top of thread which includes step-by-step instructions -and- also several dozen recent posts to understand the current concerns.

This is a risk free purchase. If you are not reimbursed you have paid $50 for something worth $50 in air travel.

bta15 Dec 19, 17 10:26 am

I purchased 4x$50 on 12/15 and they were reimbursed today 12/19.

thebat Dec 19, 17 10:33 am

Originally Posted by bta15 (Post 29193002)
I purchased 4x$50 on 12/15 and they were reimbursed today 12/19.

Great news!

artgriego Dec 19, 17 10:58 am

I purchased 4x $50 on 12/17, went pending for a day as:

DELTA AIR LINES

ATLANTA AIRPORT

ATLANTA GA 30320

UNITED STATES

12/19 all 4 posted as the same. No refund yet (not concerned, just getting the DP out there given the recent concerns)

cp277 Dec 19, 17 11:07 am

Purchased a $50 ecert on Sunday, the transaction posted yesterday, no credit applied yet. The posted transaction looks like this (similar to other people, some formatting removed):

Doing business as:
ATLANTA AIRPORT

ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES
Additional Information: 18002211212DELTA AIR LINES
Reference: [Redacted]

I purchased a $50 ecert in November and the posted transaction looks exactly the same. The credit was applied two days later.

sumnem Dec 19, 17 11:15 am

I had purchased 2x$50 ecerts on that showed up under transactions on Sunday 11/17 and credit was applied today 11/19.

I had made 2x$50 transactions earlier in December and the merchants are the same. (I am on the East Coast, do not know if that has anything to do with where the transactions are processed)

ATLANTA AIRPORT
-
ATLANTA
GA
UNITED STATES

woodford02A Dec 19, 17 11:17 am

Originally Posted by woodford02A (Post 29189339)
Yes, electronic. Via this link (off DL.com >shop>gift cards) https://www.delta.com/egift/eGiftPur...D_eGift_Launch

One other data point - I used my iPad to make this purchase and may have been rerouted to a mobile optimized website which routes through a different vendor. Purchase was made in CA.

jakhfue Dec 19, 17 11:47 am

I just purchased a 50 dollar gift card, and the company information was:

DELTA AIR LINES GC
25 PEARL STREET
PORTLAND
ME
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Also, at the bottom of the gift card email it says:

Delta Gift Card, powered by CashStar.

So I don't think it is going to work anymore.

woodford02A Dec 19, 17 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jakhfue (Post 29193367)
I just purchased a 50 dollar gift card, and the company information was:

DELTA AIR LINES GC
25 PEARL STREET
PORTLAND
ME
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Also, at the bottom of the gift card email it says:

Delta Gift Card, powered by CashStar.

So I don't think it is going to work anymore.

can you confirm is was electronic gift card?

where did you purchase the gift card from (i.e. what state, country) and what kind of device did you use?

jakhfue Dec 19, 17 2:12 pm

Yes it was an electronic gift card, the same method I used a few months ago with my gold card, and I used a computer and I live in Kentucky.

lordvaderman Dec 19, 17 2:29 pm

Which URLs are people using when buying?

Through this one on a desktop computer
https://www.delta.com/egift/eGiftPurchase.action
the terms and conditions say:
"eGifts and Cards are issued by Delta Gift Cards, Inc. ("Delta"), an affiliate of Delta Air Lines, Inc., that is authorized to issue eGifts and Cards for sale by Delta and Delta-licensed vendors to be used toward the total purchase price of air transportation on Delta Air Lines marketed flights."

But on this one through my mobile device
https://buy-m.giftcards.delta.com/
the terms and conditions say (at the bottom):
"Delta Gift Cards, powered by CashStar"

I'm wondering if that is the difference...